Steve Motlop vs Michael Walters

Motlop vs Walters

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop easily. He is more of your winger/HFF whereas Walters has played more as a small forward. And i'd rather a gun winger/HFF than a gun small forward.

Yeah, Motlop. Walters is no slouch but I feel that Steven is quite special and will reign the superior Motlop by the end of his career.

Walters is one of my fav Freo players, really enjoy watching him play.
As a cats supporter I'd have to go with Motlop though-dont think I'm being biased either, think he pips Walters here

This one is really hard for me. Motlop could potentially become a major ball getter as well as goal kicker, Walters is already a prolific goal kicker and has a well rounded game.
I feel like at this point Walters is a better player in his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the comparisons on Bigfooty are laughable. Both players play different roles :rolleyes:

Steven Motlop is a wingman/half forward and Michael Walters is a true small forward. At this stage Motlop is slightly the better player. They both have plenty of improvement left in them and we won't see the best of these two for a few years yet given they are still fairly young.

A more reasonable comparison would have been Lewis Jetta vs Steven Motlop given they both play exactly the same role.

Impossible thread I dont think Walters will improve so much in the future, Motlop will become something more special. Then again you're a Freo supporter and I support Geelong.

I like this one...

Personally i think Motlop has been better to date but Sonny is coming fast, real fast. More midfield time this year will show more of his elite foot skills.

Back