• Yes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Of course

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • This isn't even a question

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well O'Keefe at least deserves more opportunities to prove himself in test matches in Australia but that would mean dropping Lyon as they hardly ever play two spinners here.

It's not like Lyon is a truly great spinner like Warne though, there isn't much between him and O'Keefe as spinners and O'Keefe is a better batsman.

The one thing in Lyon's favour is that he seems to be a popular bloke and a good team man which is one of the reasons he's been picked for so long.

There have been rumours that O'Keefe can be an arrogant prick and a bit unlikeable although I've seen no evidence of that myself, he seems like a decent bloke in interviews.
Like last year after Sri Lanka, he went home injured, got pissed, then got kicked out off a niteclub saying "Don't you know who I am, I play for Australia". Yep he's played one very good game, but the man is FIGJAM central.

SOK certainly offers a lot in other facets - not only is he a better batsman and fielder than Lyon, but he has a pretty good cricket brain and brings captaincy experience to the side.

If nothing else, the competition should be good for Lyon. Imagine that - Australia having two Test-quality spinners.
You won't find a bigger SOK fan than me but I'm not sure the bolded is true. Lyon is a gun fielder, probably one of the best there has been if we're looking just at bowlers and has taken some outstanding catches over his test career. SOK is solid in the field but nothing special.

Not sure I'd describe Lyon as a gun, he's a solid outfielder. O'Keefe is more athletic and more positionally versatile so I consider him as bringing more to the team.

O'Keefe's insane stats for the summer so far.

Can't believe he's averaging less than 11 with a SR less than 25! That's just bonkers. Best of all, he's by far the most economical of all the primary bowlers.

If anyone wants to be truly shocked, he's basically out bowled Lyon the last 2 matches. I just love the fact that he's averaging a whopping 4 wickets per innings.

Just 6 wickets short of Lyon too... but from 9 less innings.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 15.27.14.png

Last edited:
I like how the Indians seem to be saying in not so many words that he is still rubbish and it was just the pitch.

Let's hope they keep thinking that.

In their defense though Clarke did once take 6/9

Well look at Jadeja and his "spinning". I guess India should know average I guess!

Everyone knows he likes a drink, nothing news there from SOK!

I just wish he woke up and stopped doing these things. He has the potential to play a number of tests and he's putting that in jeopardy again. It is a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what he said/did?

Not sure, but for a 2nd offence it seems ultra light. These players in the top 25 are not on $40,000! Try 5 or 10 times that!

I've heard it over and over with SOK...gets hammered, says dumb stuff, apologises, says he is changed, etc. Rinse and repeat till the next time.

I've defended and liked him enough. I expect more.

Not sure, but for a 2nd offence it seems ultra light. These players in the top 25 are not on $40,000! Try 5 or 10 times that!

I've heard it over and over with SOK...gets hammered, says dumb stuff, apologises, says he is changed, etc. Rinse and repeat till the next time.

I've defended and liked him enough. I expect more.

Yeah you're probably right especially given his recent AUS selection and performance.

He can't help himself I don't think.

Yeah you're probably right especially given his recent AUS selection and performance.

He can't help himself I don't think.

I just hope he gets someone to help him through this. It is only happening when he's on the drink. It is such a shame, but I wouldn't complain if we moved on from him.

Back