• Yes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Of course

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • This isn't even a question

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Great FC stats, really should have had an earlier run after Hauritz got the sack (certainly should have gotten a cap before Doherty ffs) but wasn't able to keep his demons out of his career. Hope he's got himself set up to stay on track after retirement.
Still playing for the Sixers, there’s still money to be earned.
Isn’t he a teacher by trade?

Wow, can't say I saw this coming. You'd think 16 wickets @ 22.25 last season would be enough to get a contract renewal, but I suppose NSW's spin development pathway is a bit too top-heavy with both him and Lyon taking up roster spots.

I guess this is part of the reason why NSW produce so many good cricketers. They prune ruthlessly when it makes long-term sense to do so - even when one of the casualties is the competition's stand-out spinner.

I find it hard to believe nobody in the competition was willing to offer him a contract - presumably he wasn't prepared to move interstate.

Isn’t he a teacher by trade?
Yep, PE - but if he devotes himself to T20 for a few years I can't imagine him needing to fall back on it.

It is a real shame that SOK has retired early from FC cricket. Our domestic game will be much poorer for it.

I get the argument of investing in youth, but this guy is still our best spinner not named Nathan Lyon.

Last edited:
It is a real shame that SOK has retired early from FC cricket. Our domestic game will be much poorer for it.

I get the argument of investing in youth, but this guy is still our best spinner not named Nathan Lyon.
NSW's spin pipeline has got a bit clogged so I am a bit sympathetic to them freeing it up. Behind Lyon and SOK you have Dan Fallins, whose development has levelled off in the last couple of years (potentially due to lack of Shield opportunities). He's now marking time in the Second XI, which isn't helping anyone. They could cut Fallins loose, but who do you replace him with? Tanveer Sangha is only 18 and it's hard to attract anyone decent from interstate when they have virtually zero chance at Shield cricket.

I am just guessing, but it seems like they are going to push Fallins to step up next season when Lyon is unavailable. He will either turn into a Shield spinner, or be shown the door and replaced with someone from interstate. Putting Fallins into the Shield will also be a chance to give Sangha Second XI opportunities, and hopefully keep him from going elsewhere.

I'm sure SOK could get cricket elsewhere if he wanted it, but I can also understand a 35 year old not wanting to move interstate for a 12 month contract.

That is a ridiculous suggestion given that Sangha hasn’t even played Second XI cricket yet.

If he’s good enough, he’s old enough. Very highly rated and unlike other States we tend to push these through.

Have a feeling that it’s Tanveer Sangha that we want to push through next year.
Looks like it'll be Zampa.

I'm at a loss to know who our next guy is after Lyon. According to the selectors at present it's Swepson, but other than them being swayed by Warney having a bit of a crush on him I don't really see it.

Looks like it'll be Zampa.

I'm at a loss to know who our next guy is after Lyon. According to the selectors at present it's Swepson, but other than them being swayed by Warney having a bit of a crush on him I don't really see it.

Better not be Zampa. Giant waste of time for NSW. I do like Sangha from what I have seen.

Back