Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

Remove this Banner Ad

if this trade period ends with yarran at the club and menzel not then SOS has failed miserably

If that ever happens, there will be some very sound reasoning behind it which 99.9% of the population will not be privy to.

I'm not silly enough to believe that SOS will get everything right, but I already have more confidence in him than Malthorse-Shithouse and Co.

Which is what My name geoff is saying.

If that ever happens, there will be some very sound reasoning behind it which 99.9% of the population will not be privy to.

I'm not silly enough to believe that SOS will get everything right, but I already have more confidence in him than Malthorse-Shithouse and Co.

Exactly.

Malthouse had runs on the board SOS does not. I don't really see the reasoning behind this

That tripe in the Herald Sun we are the new Essendon is a joke. Yarran is a CONTRACTED player if Richmond want him you pay overs. If he wants to sit a year thats fine too.

Sick of pea hearts thinking a contract means they don't have to uphold their end.

That tripe in the Herald Sun we are the new Essendon is a joke. Yarran is a CONTRACTED player if Richmond want him you pay overs. If he wants to sit a year thats fine too.

Sick of pea hearts thinking a contract means they don't have to uphold their end.

Pretty sure Werner is a Richmond supporter.

Malthouse had runs on the board SOS does not. I don't really see the reasoning behind this

No one liked the way the club conducted itself in the trade period last year (the process) and we ended up with an average outcome

What we are saying is that we like the way that Silvagni and co are conducting themselves this year (the process) and it seems we are getting better results or at the very least, we are not getting shafted.

No one liked the way the club conducted itself in the trade period last year (the process) and we ended up with an average outcome

What we are saying is that we like the way that Silvagni and co are conducting themselves this year (the process) and it seems we are getting better results or at the very least, we are not getting shafted.

We didn't get shafted with the Menzel deal. We got reamed.

I agree we made mistakes with Robbo and Gartlett besides I didn't want either to leave but I think we have well and truly been shafted with Menzel.

Well done SOS for getting pick 8 plus 4 GWS players. Menzel on his way to Adelaide. Now Yarran and pick 12 and we are the only thing left. Time to offer Richmond Aish. He doesn't want to play at Carlton so let's move him on. Collingwood cannot offer anything, maybe Richmond will take the bait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we made mistakes with Robbo and Gartlett besides I didn't want either to leave but I think we have well and truly been shafted with Menzel.

Robbo lied to the coach about being involved in the fight. Garlett was off the tracks. No option but to delist them.
We got shafted with Eddie by not matching his offer and trying to get something in return for him, just like Adelaide did with Dangerfield. Menzel was very poor last year. His attitude and intensity had dropped off. Get comfortable about being uncomfortable.
We have 1,8,21,22 and could snag 12 or 19 plus 4 GWS players. Compare this to previous years.... The long journey back had commenced.

Well done SOS for getting pick 8 plus 4 GWS players. Menzel on his way to Adelaide. Now Yarran and pick 12 and we are the only thing left. Time to offer Richmond Aish. He doesn't want to play at Carlton so let's move him on. Collingwood cannot offer anything, maybe Richmond will take the bait.
SOSOS (SOS our saviour) the Magician!!

EDIT: ^ That must make Jack SOSOSOS!

Yeah...................wasn't ready to say this, but SOS has been magnificent.

Given the prevailing circumstances, this could have been a horror trade period for us................could have been.
  • Yet he's Turned Menzel into 5 Players (inc. 2 top 10 1st rounders and a Project Ruck)
  • Turned Hendo into a Definite Pick#8 instead of a potential Round 1 Pick 18 (and the way Geelong have traded this year 17/18 may well be on the cards for that pick)
  • Got Pick 21 for Bell (and a pick to secure SOSOS)
  • Potentially another 1st Rounder or early 2nd & sweetener
All for 3 players who didn't want to play for the jumper and 3 late picks in a draft with no depth!!

Genius!!

It's clear a huge contingent of the board loves Menzel but there must be more to this if we're giving him away for peanuts. He has star potential but is inconsistent. If any of the five (six including pick 8 I suppose) reaches star status then this trade will have been worthwhile I feel. Surely all six can't be busts...

Talks of the stance we're taking though, if you don't want to put in effort then you can leave. Let's finish up with Yazz out and Tomlinson in and all of a sudden we have a lot of young talent that hasn't had a chance to shine.

FWIW I rate Kerridge quite a bit. Handy player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back