Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously SOS has taken trading to another level. A level other teams are now trying to duplicate.
But there really is only 1 SOS and to do what he has done this trade period is just downright impressive.
If Lang can become a player, he might even make up on the Tuohy trade last year and get that one back on Geelong.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So I gather Sos was a real estate agent for a time after he retired.

Imagine being a prospective buyer of an older, reasonably well built house that might have one or two structural weaknesses.

And now we know you will have paid a premium for that house, that in fact, you weren't sure you even wanted in the first place.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
afl.com.au rates our trade period 6/10. Rated worse than Gold Coast, Brisbane, Richmond....in fact worse that any team except for Collingwood, Saints and North. 15th worst trading team this year.

Every year. I don't know why this gets to me but I am seriously, seriously irked by the media's either downplaying of things like this or complete silence / lack of discussion in season on anything Carlton related even after an upset win/run of positive form/good signs.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

afl.com.au rates our trade period 6/10. Rated worse than Gold Coast, Brisbane, Richmond....in fact worse that any team except for Collingwood, Saints and North. 15th worst trading team this year.

What the flying ****!!!????
Doesn't suprise me one bit the ******* w***ers.atleast an 8 .

Edit ..just had a look and those clowns haven't got us down for pick 3 just like Wallace did earlier ..

Last edited:

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously SOS has taken trading to another level. A level other teams are now trying to duplicate.
But there really is only 1 SOS and to do what he has done this trade period is just downright impressive.
If Lang can become a player, he might even make up on the Tuohy trade last year and get that one back on Geelong.
I have a really good feeling about Lange ..going to be a very useful player for us .with him and Kennedy and improvement from other mids we will be fine .

I have a really good feeling about Lange ..going to be a very useful player for us .with him and Kennedy and improvement from other mids we will be fine .
jessica's very proud of her boy too.........

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Only a slightly better rating than Collingwood who gave up a second rounder for a player that went at pick 66 in the rookie draft 2 years ago and hasnt played a senior game yet . What the dam hell!!!
Who are these muppets!!

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I DO think there's a fair bit of ignorance about Carlton's list and moves in the general media. Certainly you listen to Trade Radio and Kornes, Terry Wallace et al really have very little idea what we need, what we should do. I guess it stems from the fact we've been very ordinary for a while and therefore every player we have is tarred with the same brush ("he can't be much good because Carlton isn't very good"). Just like every Hawthorn player has been a superstar for most of the decade, even though many clearly are role-players who found a good spot in a great team (Puopolo, Breust, plenty more).

The advanced expert analysis is just not very good in the vast majority of the media. They spend far more time talking about their opinions than researching and forming them. The AFL website's rating of our trade period seems to be based on "chances for 2018 flag" which apparently in the only measure some experts understand. To me, that's totally unrealistic for the Blues, and therefore irrelevant. They're not seeing the same horizon we are, and which only a couple of years away, and this trade period supported PERFECTLY.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Meh, I was going for a broader theme. There's often a lack of deep understanding from commentators on where specific teams are at, and therefore what they are doing and why. No biggie. It's frustrating to listen to any expert that knows less about your team talk about the list.

Much better thread title:thumbsu:.

I'm just feeling relieved that we finally seem to have highly competent people looking after our list management.

Since SOS has been with us he has shown that we can be confident in the direction he has set us upon, rather than feel any pride in him I'm just glad we finally have someone who can do the job we are paying him to do. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of the draft.

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
So I gather Sos was a real estate agent for a time after he retired.

Imagine being a prospective buyer of an older, reasonably well built house that might have one or two structural weaknesses.

And now we know you will have paid a premium for that house, that in fact, you weren't sure you even wanted in the first place.
He started in commercial real estate and it was well before he retired...

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
It doesn’t matter what we do off the field....
these clowns & other team supporters will never rate us till we improve on the field & win games...
It won’t be long now.....that lack of respect will turn into hatred for us..again
& we will eat that s**t up...give em the bird & rejoice...as we are TheNavyBlues!:D

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I'd like to see some of you folks jaws drop if the first two names read out by SOS or Brodie were Fogarty and Brander. I don't think it will happen but I'd like to see it. I think SOS has done a fairly good job but I wonder if it would test your faith? :D

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
I'd like to see some of you folks jaws drop if the first two names read out by SOS or Brodie were Fogarty and Brander. I don't think it will happen but I'd like to see it. I think SOS has done a fairly good job but I wonder if it would test your faith? :D

He’ll have his reasons for doing so but what I want to know if that’s what you want to happen and why?

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

I like that much of the media are in the habit of under-rating us. I would prefer to see our club move up under the radar.
I look forward to seeing those same muppets scrambling to adjust their "expert" opinions when "suddenly" our team is seriously good and the genius of SOS's trading becomes manifest.

Back