Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

Remove this Banner Ad

Your either Carlton or you can get stuffed. Dont stick your hand out for huge pay packets & not give everything 100%. Players will come, players will go - Carlton though will always be Carlton. You give your all for the jumper or your replaced with the next player who will. Good on SOS & Bolton for making such a huge statement.

Fav player of all time, fav list manager of all time!

torchwoodmiracledaytitle.PNG

We have lost Henderson who will be a very good player at Geelong, Bell who finished fourth in our Band F, Menzel who is one of our better juniors coming through and possibly Yarran and we bought in a guy who can't get a game at Adelaide and four players who play NEAFL football at the Giants who haven't yet played finals yeah we are flying at the Blues, I am getting on to finish bottom next year!

Here come the 'old fashioned' Blues fans.

Sorry if you don't recognize the names brought in today or they're not "big" names guys but it doesn't mean they're crap. Plus there is a little thing called pick 8 we managed to get...

We have lost Henderson who will be a very good player at Geelong, Bell who finished fourth in our Band F, Menzel who is one of our better juniors coming through and possibly Yarran and we bought in a guy who can't get a game at Adelaide and four players who play NEAFL football at the Giants who haven't yet played finals yeah we are flying at the Blues, I am getting on to finish bottom next year!

Not the end of the world. We will finish bottom 4 next year and most probably last, but it's a total list rebuild. The list needs to be stripped back before we go forward.

I don't think you understand. Being a good player in a great team means nothing to Carlton's current position. Yarran is an ABSOLUTE downhill skier. Henderson has 0 heart, puts 0 effort and when things don't go his way doesn't work hard enough. Menzel does not have an AFL tank and seems to have no interest in getting one after 3 years on our list.

Id back in players like bucks, doc, graham, cripps and the like who bust a gut for the club and the jumper and HAPPILY finish last over watching "good" players give up in the first quarter. The fact Menz got DROPPED when half our list was injured along with Yarran says it all. It should anyway.

I don't think you understand. Being a good player in a great team means nothing to Carlton's current position. Yarran is an ABSOLUTE downhill skier. Henderson has 0 heart, puts 0 effort and when things don't go his way doesn't work hard enough. Menzel does not have an AFL tank and seems to have no interest in getting one after 3 years on our list.

Id back in players like bucks, doc, graham, cripps and the like who bust a gut for the club and the jumper and HAPPILY finish last over watching "good" players give up in the first quarter. The fact Menz got DROPPED when half our list was injured along with Yarran says it all. It should anyway.

But while Yaz was dropped when half our team was injured, Jaksch couldn't break into the team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaksch is a young skinny KPP.... Do you actually like Carlton?

Like the same skinny KPP distraught over being dropped before the 86 Granny?

The Jaksch haters s**t me, think he's better off as a forward, but it seems like he had the weight of Uranus weighing on his shoulders last season.

Can try and spin the Menzel trade but its a terrible deal. Kerridge should have been a psd pick.

Even if we were desperate for the deal, it should have been Menzel and pick 21 for pick 13, 28 and Kerridge. We've rolled over to adelaide once again and we'll be talking about this in another 6+ years like we still are with Jacobs.

How anyone can think that's a good deal is beyond me - you don't need a Menzel to grab pick 28 and an uncontracted reserves player. FMD.

Just watched the highlights packages for the newbies and like what I see. There is risk but great potential:
1. Kerridge is a good replacement for Bell. Has a bit more speed, super endurance and looks a reasonable kick. Plus a bit younger = TICK
2. Phillips is a mobile ruck man who can leap, has fast hands, can mark and can kick - and puts in second efforts. Great replacement for Warnock (although he is a bit shorter - hope the leap and nous compensate) = TICK
3. Sumner is very fast and skilled, stays on his feet in the contest. If he can get over the injury (the big risk on him) he will be very handy. Risky, but should vie with BB and be a significant upgrade on Tutt = TICK
4. Plowman is the quality player here. Pick 3 and you can see why on the highlights. Upgrade on White/Rowe in time). MASSIVE TICK (Cannot believe we got him).
5. Lamb is a harder worker than Menzel and although he will not have the same class/skill levels = I think he will give us more over 100% of match time than we got this year. MARGINAL GAIN BUT NOT UNHAPPY.

All in all a great days trading - so looking forward to 2016 to see how they develop.

Losing a first round pick in a stronger draft next year is a downer, but if we get Collins at #8 then we are really filling in the holes in our list.

GO SOS!:):):):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Like the same skinny KPP distraught over being dropped before the 86 Granny?

The Jaksch haters s**t me, think he's better off as a forward, but it seems like he had the weight of Uranus weighing on his shoulders last season.

Not hating on Jaksch I rate him but he isn't ready yet and that is FINE at his age :)

Jaksch will be alright...definitely see him as a defender and think Weitering, Plowman and Jaksch could be a formidable back 3 of talls post Jamison...heard he's been doing a lot of extra work in the off season...tomorrow for SOS is the 3rd qtr (premiership qtr) then bring it home in the 4th on draft day, hopefully just keeps adding to the silvagni dynasty at CFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back