Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

Remove this Banner Ad

Just sounding off here

But a grading on SOS is dependent on what happens with picks 20 and 21, because as it stands right now I think he's done a good job, but far from it being a resounding success.

Solely because of Menzel.

I don't see 21 or 20 in this draft being so important that we couldn't have traded it for the GWS boys. And if the intent was that we desperately needed Kerridge, and we could get him into the Pre Season, that we couldn't have traded for him using a third rounder and maybe a future second that we could have got back from GWS.

The way I'm seeing it right now is Menzel need never have been traded. Hopefully it'll be a moot point in a few hours and we'll have Tomlinson and it would have to involve using those picks. But if we keep those picks, I struggle to see how one of those is more preferable than keeping Menz.

Not entirely satisfied with the 4 GWS players, could not break into the regular GWS 22 for various reasons. Also, the fact that Jaksch and Whiley struggled to get a regular game in our 22 this season, makes me think the jury is still out on these players, and leaving a big question mark on SOS's input. I hope I'm wrong;)

Well they could not be any worse than Jones, Tutt, Thomas Warnock. Yep sure they are a risk and if they fail then we delist them. I am backing that all of these players will make a contribution and give us some much needed depth and fresh enthusiasm.

Combined with today's trades, if SOS can grab Tomlinson tomorrow and we take 2 top 10 picks to the draft, i will seriously crawl naked over 100 yards of gravel lined with thumb tacks just to have my way with his shadow..

I think you will find we will have to give up pick 8 for Tomlinson, unless he can do a deal with Richmond & GWS re pick 12 or 19.

Well they could not be any worse than Jones, Tutt, Thomas Warnock. Yep sure they are a risk and if they fail then we delist them. I am backing that all of these players will make a contribution and give us some much needed depth and fresh enthusiasm.
I just hope that they aren't all on 3 yr contracts.

I just hope that they aren't all on 3 yr contracts.
I think most of them realise that this is probably their final chance. I will standby SOS and his judgment. Jones has ability but is lazy. He won't chase and his tackling is half hearted and he is not fit enough. He is too easily satisfied with half efforts. He has two years of his contract left to try and save his career. I wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That comparison is not comforting at all.

A half eaten sausage roll is better than the combined output vs cost comparison of those 4 combined.

We have other trades to focus on.

Consider it an act of goodwill and an investment on our part.

I think the dogs trade gave you what you needed for Thomlinson which allowed this to be finalised.

I said last week both these clubs would negotiate an outcome between 17 and 25ish no one lost. sos turned a pick 31 offer into a pick 19 , Tiges moved and so did Blues. Nobody gets anywhere long term without movement on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the dogs trade gave you what you needed for Thomlinson which allowed this to be finalised.

I said last week both these clubs would negotiate an outcome between 17 and 25ish no one lost. sos turned a pick 31 offer into a pick 19 , Tiges moved and so did Blues. Nobody gets anywhere long term without movement on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we did it so we could hang on to pick 11 and give GWS 19.

3 picks in the top 11 and #19 is a stunning result.

Thank you SOS :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back