Steven Hocking Conflict of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll just pop this here for now for later analysis and discussionā€¦.letā€™s just say a very surprising position for Chris Scott to take. šŸ˜±

What's Hardwick's thoughts on the issue?

Don't count your eggs to early mate yeah your playing finals don't kid yourself , let's be honest if you don't win it this year it's a fail fullstop and another choke. 3 flags in 4 years in our period at the moment your at 0 with the domination you have had last 3 years.

The bloke has been a complete fail has not improved one thing in his tenure chopping and changing rules like a high school while never accountable.Never seen an administrator from a code of any world sport mention that we have introduced this rule because of a certain team.If that is not unprofessional I call it conflict of interest and corruption.

The bloke has been a complete fail has not improved one thing in his tenure chopping and changing rules like a high school while never accountable.Never seen an administrator from a code of any world sport mention that we have introduced this rule because of a certain team.If that is not unprofessional I call it conflict of interest and corruption.

He is accountable. He takes the heat off Gil. That is why he got paid so much $$$. Just like Christian. He cops all the heat but all he does is what the AFL tell him to do.

Frightfully boring article with one very interesting part:

In the passage in question Chris Scott reveals who Steven Hocking was really working for when ostensibly employed as Footy Operations Manager by the AFL...

Asked if he wavered on several occasions in the years after managing to secure a premiership in his first season of 2011, Scott answered simply: "Yep."

To the point of considering aborting the plan? "I don't think we ever got to the stage of aborting it. (Recruiting boss) Stephen Wells and I in particular, and (former head of football and current CEO) Steve Hocking as well, have had this conversation all the way through, and I was generally the driver of: 'you know we are going to have to pivot at some point in time' and 'there is going to be a reckoning'.

So best mates Scott and Hocking, and Wells were talking about what was in Geelongā€™s interests ā€œall the way through.ā€ But of course they would never have discussed any rule changes Scott may want, nor any tribunal cases relevant to Geelong, nor any contract details of players from other clubs nor any opposition TPP detail that the Cats may have been interested in. It is mind boggling this stuff, and even moreso when you consider Hocking was followed into the role by Scottā€™s twin brother Brad. Who himself has now departed to Essendon, no doubt armed with a load of information 16 other clubs havenā€™t got.

We cannot wait to see the announcement of the new AFL Footy Operations Manager. Why is it taking so long? It must be 5-6 months since B Scott departed. Any chance another Geelong connected person has been given the nod and the AFL is waiting for a strategic time to bury the announcement?

Gotta love happy endings.

maxresdefault.jpg

In the passage in question Chris Scott reveals who Steven Hocking was really working for when ostensibly employed as Footy Operations Manager by the AFL...

Asked if he wavered on several occasions in the years after managing to secure a premiership in his first season of 2011, Scott answered simply: "Yep."

To the point of considering aborting the plan? "I don't think we ever got to the stage of aborting it. (Recruiting boss) Stephen Wells and I in particular, and (former head of football and current CEO) Steve Hocking as well, have had this conversation all the way through, and I was generally the driver of: 'you know we are going to have to pivot at some point in time' and 'there is going to be a reckoning'.

So best mates Scott and Hocking, and Wells were talking about what was in Geelongā€™s interests ā€œall the way through.ā€ But of course they would never have discussed any rule changes Scott may want, nor any tribunal cases relevant to Geelong, nor any contract details of players from other clubs nor any opposition TPP detail that the Cats may have been interested in. It is mind boggling this stuff, and even moreso when you consider Hocking was followed into the role by Scottā€™s twin brother Brad. Who himself has now departed to Essendon, no doubt armed with a load of information 16 other clubs havenā€™t got.

We cannot wait to see the announcement of the new AFL Footy Operations Manager. Why is it taking so long? It must be 5-6 months since B Scott departed. Any chance another Geelong connected person has been given the nod and the AFL is waiting for a strategic time to bury the announcement?
The irony!!!! Meteoric Rise describes a media article as ā€œfrightfully boringā€, and then goes on to write a frightfully boring post with no interesting parts in response

Wow. You need to get out more

The irony!!!! Meteoric Rise describes a media article as ā€œfrightfully boringā€, and then goes on to write a frightfully boring post with no interesting parts in response
I love it that the "conspiracy" is basically Scott and Hocking having a conversation where they both agree that the Cats are going to drop off eventually. Doesn't even say when.

There is literally no media featuring Hocking that this man can't weave into a conspiracy narrative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it that the "conspiracy" is basically Scott and Hocking having a conversation where they both agree that the Cats are going to drop off eventually. Doesn't even say when.

There is literally no media featuring Hocking that this man can't weave into a conspiracy narrative

Scott literally says Hocking has participated in the conversation with he and Wells ā€œall the way through.ā€ Which means Hocking was discussing with Scott and Wells whether Geelong should abandon their plan while he was AFL Football Operations Manager.

Do you think that is appropriate? From my vantage point that is a clear conflict of interests. It demonstrates Hocking was invested in Geelongā€™s success while he was supposed to be impartial. This is not a conspiracy theory my friend, it is a straightforward conflict of interest not being managed ethically. And Scott clearly doesnā€™t think there is anything wrong with that because he is discussing it openly.

Scott literally says Hocking has participated in the conversation with he and Wells ā€œall the way through.ā€ Which means Hocking was discussing with Scott and Wells whether Geelong should abandon their plan while he was AFL Football Operations Manager.

Do you think that is appropriate? From my vantage point that is a clear conflict of interests. It demonstrates Hocking was invested in Geelongā€™s success while he was supposed to be impartial. This is not a conspiracy theory my friend, it is a straightforward conflict of interest not being managed ethically. And Scott clearly doesnā€™t think there is anything wrong with that because he is discussing it openly.
All the way through 2022?

And your reading that he was asking for advice is baseless.

All the way through 2022?

And your reading that he was asking for advice is baseless.

Read it again. Scott is clearly referring to the whole time since - and probably including - 2011 when he says ā€œall the way through.ā€ This would obviously include the period 2018-2021 where Hocking was Footy Operations Manager for the AFL. This also accords with another Scott interview I saw from the 2018-2021 period where he stated that he and Hocking were very close friends, which was one of the major prompts for me to start his thread.

How much of this is Scott and or Hockingā€™s fault, and how much is just reflective of the whole deal-making boys club environment of AFL House and the AFL media, I donā€™t know. But it staggers me that Scott states these things so openly as if to say what could possibly be wrong with an AFL coach and an AFL Football Operations Manager being so closely aligned. Especially through a period where major changes are made to the way the whole sport is played due to rule changes driven by the Football Operations Manager.

Read it again. Scott is clearly referring to the whole time since - and probably including - 2011 when he says ā€œall the way through.ā€ This would obviously include the period 2018-2021 where Hocking was Footy Operations Manager for the AFL. This also accords with another Scott interview I saw from the 2018-2021 period where he stated that he and Hocking were very close friends, which was one of the major prompts for me to start his thread.

How much of this is Scott and or Hockingā€™s fault, and how much is just reflective of the whole deal-making boys club environment of AFL House and the AFL media, I donā€™t know. But it staggers me that Scott states these things so openly as if to say what could possibly be wrong with an AFL coach and an AFL Football Operations Manager being so closely aligned. Especially through a period where major changes are made to the way the whole sport is played due to rule changes driven by the Football Operations Manager.
Wow

Note that this ranting and whining from Old Mate Meteor has been going on for literal years.

Either he is so dedicated a troll he's wasted years of his life doing nothing but trying to provoke Geelong fans......or he really does believe all this nutty conspiracy New Geelong Order stuff he is posting.

I'm not sure which is sadder.

Well that never happened. Did you mean Hawthorn?
What do you mean? The Mighty Richmond Tigers have won three premierships since the turn of the century, no one's done it better!* :triumph:

*excluding Geelong and Hawthorn, but if there's one thing the AFL doesn't want, it's a strong Richmond, just because

Remove this Banner Ad

Back