All Australian
Oct 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Jazz
What a ******* - hey kingy WE OWE YOU NOTHING

Trying to beat up on blakey today was a disgrace...your a tool - Geelong made you everything - i wouldnt go bagging us cause you aint going anywhere with the saints.

I would of though someone who has captained a club and was given a premiership shouldnt be bagging that club ever.

Get over your bullshit king - you are on your last legs and the cats made the right decision to keep the young blake.

Dont make yourself regret being a ________ to the cats for one half baked season with the foolish saints.

right now you look like a w***er!

Let's not forget what a servant King was to our club and that he wasn't drafted by choice - quite the opposite.

Passions were always going to be running high today, and with all the build up it's not surprising there was a clash between King and Blake.

Let's give King the respect he earned through over 10 years of faithful service at our club - he doesn't deserve to be boo-ed or jeered and he especially doesn't deserve copping a spray from us for being worked up today.

What a ******* - hey kingy WE OWE YOU NOTHING

Trying to beat up on blakey today was a disgrace...your a tool - Geelong made you everything - i wouldnt go bagging us cause you aint going anywhere with the saints.

I would of though someone who has captained a club and was given a premiership shouldnt be bagging that club ever.

Blakey pushed him to begin with so he was just retaliating...
When has he bagged the club?

I think him trying to rough up Blake was what got us up in the end. Up until then, we were 13 points down and struggling, especially in the midfield. King roughs up Blake, we get the resultant free in the middle, and 2 minutes and 3 goals later, we hit the lead, which got our confidence up and stopped their momentum dead. :thumbsu:

Thanks Kingy!! :p

I would have been disapointed if Kingy hadn't come out and tried to mess with Blakey. As competitive sportsmen they would try and get any advantage they can and Kingy would use his knowledge of Blakey to his teams advantage. That is just natural. What happens on the field stays on the field.

poor thread, King's been good to us, not a w***er but deserved what he copped from the fans today.

I loved it. King had an opportunity to intimidate Blake and took it. Blake crapped himself and took up the fetal position to shield himself from the wrath of the King. LOL

What impressed me though was the entire cats team taking up Blakey's cause and pounded on the Saints from that point on.

King may have intimidated Blake slightly but Geelong left the Saints black and blue.

Footy at its best!

It was the turning point of the game actually. Looked like we needed it to awaken us from our 2 week slumber.

Worked.

I loved it. King had an opportunity to intimidate Blake and took it. Blake crapped himself and took up the fetal position to shield himself from the wrath of the King. LOL

What impressed me though was the entire cats team taking up Blakey's cause and pounded on the Saints from that point on.

King may have intimidated Blake slightly but Geelong left the Saints black and blue.

Footy at its best!
What are you talking about? Blake pushed King into the other St Kilda guy after a goal, King retaliated and they got into a scuffle. They probably had some choice words for each other leading up to the scuffle as well.

Really really poor thread, brings nothing this board or us as a club.

King didn't want to go and gave everything to the club. Many believe, despite Ottens great game that it was King's dominance that was the great catalyst for the GF win.

Blake is a young ruckman and really hasn't had much physical pressure deliberately put on him. If King didn't give it to him today his new club would be wondering about his committment.

There have been few comments on this board this year that have deserved an elbow and this is definately one of them.

When has he bagged the club?
Said during the week that winning a flag with St Kilda would mean more to him that his flag with the Cats.

Was also very bitter with the Cats after being traded despite the fact he turned down the club's offer of a 1-year contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a dig or two at the club since his departure.

Said during the week that winning a flag with St Kilda would mean more to him than his flag with the Cats.

Was also very bitter with the Cats after being traded despite the fact he turned down the club's offer of a 1-year contract.

What a tool then.
:thumbsu:

This is a rubbish thread. King, although plagued with injuries, was invaluable to our club and what he did today was good for the game. He got bumped, should he not have retaliated? I bet if he was still on our team, you would have been more than happy for him to fight back. He played well and deserves all the respect we have to offer, lay off him.

Really really poor thread, brings nothing this board or us as a club.

King didn't want to go and gave everything to the club. Many believe, despite Ottens great game that it was King's dominance that was the great catalyst for the GF win.

Blake is a young ruckman and really hasn't had much physical pressure deliberately put on him. If King didn't give it to him today his new club would be wondering about his committment.

There have been few comments on this board this year that have deserved an elbow and this is definately one of them.

Agreed.

I'm not going to talk up King, I don't think either side owes the other anything, but at the same time I respect the bloke and what he did for the club that made him a premiership player. One of the last guys to start playing at such a young age his body was always going to be stuffed early on. I suspect if he ends this season like he started the last one he'll give it away.

Good luck to him (except when he plays us). He'll be back at the Cats in a couple of years as ruck coach. The players still clearly love the bloke - and why shouldn't they?

Many believe, despite Ottens great game that it was King's dominance that was the great catalyst for the GF win.

I'm not out for King's throat or anything, all the best at the saints and all that - but he brought nothing to the table in the GF that Blake couldn't have done - hitouts straight to the burgoynes, shanked shots on goal, frees against etc. Ottens wasn't awesome on GF day either really, it wasn't a game heavily influenced by the ruck despite what Robert Walls would have you believe in the commentary.

As far as im concerned, any of those Geelong supporters who Booed King today should be ashamed of themselves and have no right to say anything degrogative about him.

He was a terrific player for us for 12 years and didn't want to go, but was forced out. He was a two time All Australian, best and fairest, club captain He was a terrific servent of our club and should be treated that way.

Unlike Leigh Colbert, he was a true servent of our club. Anyone who treated him otherwise today should hand their heads.

I've never been so disgusted to be a Geelong supporter than when boo's went up around the ground when he had the ball.

It was great when Kingy gave away the free kick from the ball up directly after their scuffle.

King will never be ruck coach at Geelong as long as Blake is there. Can you honestly see that happening?

hahahaha King scuffles with Blakey. Blakey then gets a free and helps it out of the middle then gets the next 3 centre bounces resulting in goals. :D
On that King.

It was great when Kingy gave away the free kick from the ball up directly after their scuffle.

King will never be ruck coach at Geelong as long as Blake is there. Can you honestly see that happening?

I can if Blakey gets a medallion of his own this year.

But who knows - I'm not Blakey, but if I was him I wouldn't hold King responsible for being picked in the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back