Steven King on Drink Driving Charge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of overreaction in this thread. The guy made a mistake, one that many people from all walks of life make everyday. He is already copping more punishment than any ordinary person would receive for the same actions.

Just from the law, he will lose his license for 17 months after which time he needs to re-apply for it in front of a magistrate. To do this he will have to attend counseling, etc and if he is granted his license back, will almost definitely need to fit an interlock device to his vehicle, and for 12? months afterwards will need to be 0.00 BAC.

On top of that, being a high profile person, this has been disclosed to the public and his employer who have also imposed a fine (and rightly so) and given him an official warning. There is also the media and public scrutiny. For the average person, this side of things never comes into it.

I'm 5 months into my license suspension and from the inconvenience alone, I can tell you that I will not be taking any risks once I do get it back. I'm pretty sure King (whose consequences are far greater than mine) regrets his actions and will learn his lesson.

If I was running the club I would have let him go.

There is enough assistant coaches who could do his job.

If you stuff out you out in my book.

Main reason is apart from potentially killing someone on the road, is showing no respect for the club. He would have known that he was well over the limit and like it or not still drunk, he was serving on the road!

I think this thread has run it's course and we're coming about in full circle.

Time to wrap it up and move on to more positive things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back