Steven May - 1 week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its so inconsistent. There was a case last year when Shannon Hurn braced for impact and a player ran into him and he got injured, Hurn was totally stationary, but it still went to the MRP.
Yet nothing on the huge gut charge that Liam Ryan did to Maynard in the GF (which i loved).
Not to mention the new Nic Nat rule - "not allowed to bump or tackle players smaller than you.
Christensen is a total tool and the AFL only care about one thing - corporate image.

I love low the threshold for it is aswell now lol, you had blokes going around elbowing campaigners unconscious in the 90s like Ricciuto and they werent considered thugs and now a bloke makes a split decision on whether to tackle or to turn his body and he's a dirty/thug/coward/sniper etc lol.

There are literally no thugs left in AFL footy, no one even comes close.

'Gaffs a thug'

I dont remember David Rhys Jones crying on the bench after he smacked anyone lol.
Watch any other full contact sports on earth, there are a ****load more punches thrown in all of them.
Actually Rhys Jones is almost a sound argument for giving the umps a red card in their back pocket for emergencies.

I saw him reported multiple times against the Pies once and he looked to angry to stop. The coach pulled him off the ground though which is probably always gonna happen in cases like that.

I've also seen Cal Ward frogmarch Cam McCarthy off the ground in 2015 when he lost it against the Crows, and was gonna do something stupid.

I struggle to understand some of the decisions made these days. Not just the decisions but the commentary around it.

Am I just looking at this through red and blue lenses? How did it get to the stage where a bump like that is given a weeks holiday? Surely the impact was not severe enough as to warrant a suspension? There was no concussion, no injury, it's not even clear that he got him high. Basically it seems May was suspended for being bigger and stronger than his opponent. Yeah the bump probably shook Berry up but that's because he's such a lighter frame than May.

Christian said part of the consideration in making the decision was the "look". So now decisions are made not just based on intent or even outcome but the "look" of it even if it wasn't in reality that bad? I'm pretty shocked at the commentary around this, not the fact he got a week because Michael Christian is an idiot, but the talking heads agreeing that it's deserving of a week. Look at it in real time in the context of the play, not just the slowmo gif. Yeah he initiated contact and put Berry on his arse but I didn't think it deserves a free kick let alone a suspension. Umpires didn't either as it was just called play on.

What do you guys think? Am I just biased? I'm expecting Brisbane and Port supporters to be in agreement that it deserves a penalty but what do the rest of you think?
Agree with you mate, bs decision.

Made worse by the fact Mumford got off for his offence the week before.

Digressing to hurling insults at each other as a means of getting a point across ruins threads. Continue with this behavior and repeat offenders may have their access to the main board removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back