MRP / Trib. Steven May gets 5 weeks (MRP/Tribunal)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't buy people saying that he jumped off the ground in order to hurt Martin.

I can think of numerous instantses where I've been playing some sort of contact sport and I've briefly left the ground prior to a big hit in order to stabilise myself. Every time I've done it I've come out of the collision better off. Most of the time it's not even a conscious decision.

May hit Martin's head and should do the time, but the excuse that it was premeditated because he left the ground is just a crock of s**t.

Few thoughts other than the obvious on this:

Yes, he will be out for four or more BUT he has established a reputation as a tough bastard, great fearless defensive player and a superb kick, his standing is elevated long term in my opinion and also will draw some trepidation from most other players when playing on and around him - the fact that he is remorseful and genuinely reaching out after the game to the player at least twice makes his "legend" on the field even more interesting rather than just being a thug style player

If you watch the front on video of Martin he see's the potential bump coming in time to avoid it or decide to continue on with his direction and he clearly chooses to take on the contact

What I don't like is the complete disregard May had to change direction and get the ball and pump it forward, the ball ended up uncontested to a Lions player when we desperately needed to wrestle back momentum, of all the undisciplined parts of this May not focusing on getting the ball in the heat of the contest when we needed to win is the most frustrating to me

Steven May slugged FIVE matches. Misses:
Rd 5 v NM (Waite)
Rd 6 v Gee (Hawkins)
Rd 7 v Mel (Hogan)
Rd 8 v GWS (Cameron)
Rd 9 v Ade (Walker)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as an aside
3 years ago Gaz would have picked Martins pocket in the contest turned around and banged the ball to Lynchy and we'd all be having a good laugh about the tight win and Maysie would be thinking about making Waite nervous this Saturday
As Commetti would say
It's a game of centimetres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back