MRP / Trib. Steven May gets 5 weeks (MRP/Tribunal)

Remove this Banner Ad

While May will be sadly missed the suspension was probably right.

I always try and walk in the shoes of the people across the table. Just imagine how you would feel if Stefan Martin was your "family".

Then he is a shittruck player you should trade for a pack of sultanas (good value).
Well yeah but he's on our list and if there's scope for him to improve it's only going to happen by giving him continuity

Can't just move him down back for five weeks without it hindering him surely

In BRMs defence He said at first glance. That would mean- how it looked from where he was sitting at the Gabba. Until he saw the replays.
As much as I appreciate the defence it looked clean at the time and as it came to light at the MRP it was never an intentional headshot (Probably just grazed him if anything) I won't apologize for thinking so.

Ah yes your right. He does. I missed that scrolling through all the angst being thrown our way. My apologies BRM.
Not a worry mate, I was pretty fired up at the time... Still am to be completely blunt but we cope in our own ways and we move on to next week.

"Oh thank God it wasn't me this time, Please let this this make him not destroy one of us in round 16... Make it stop it hurt so much the first time"

Rockliff is like a tampon lately anyway. 1 week in, 3 weeks out.
He won't miss a game but will endure early on set dementia at age 40.
I was going to make some back handed jab about his man bun but for christ sakes it's contact sports, If you don't take something to the heat every so often you're not doing it right.

Everyone knows the risks.

Now if everyone could calm down about losing May acting like we lost Gaz circa 2012 that would be great. The board's turned into a bunch of Sunny_'s and it's bumming me out.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

As much as I appreciate the defence it looked clean at the time and as it came to light at the MRP it was never an intentional headshot (Probably just grazed him if anything) I won't apologize for thinking so.

Not a worry mate, I was pretty fired up at the time... Still am to be completely blunt but we cope in our own ways and we move on to next week.

"Oh thank God it wasn't me this time, Please let this this make him not destroy one of us in round 16... Make it stop it hurt so much the first time"

I was going to make some back handed jab about his man bun but for christ sakes it's contact sports, If you don't take something to the heat every so often you're not doing it right.

Now if everyone could calm down about losing May acting like we lost Gaz circa 2012 that would be great. The board's turned into a bunch of Sunny_'s and it's bumming me out.

It is a contact sport but there are plenty of other parts of the body to shoulder. Hence the ban? If it that hard, maybe the big unit should reconsider sports?

Yeah we all cope on our own ways. And to be absolutely honest leppas and rockliffs comments on the subject have been really subpar and a touch immature. I would of prefered them to not say a thing. Hopefully that maturity comes with time. Hey we all make mistakes and May no doubt knew as soon as he saw the replay he was cooked. Kudos for him not making it worse by going off the rails.

As an aside i was pritty happy that our boys channelled their anger towards the footy in the second half. Thats some signs of maturity for us and good to see.

Watching the replay it was a great game. Definitely not one ill forget soon.

Q/ How many weeks did Vossy get for killing this bloke
A/ Nothing - everyone sung his praises for his "bravery"

How times have changed...

Today he would get probs the same. Same style of hit. Maybe a touch harder. Probably looks worse given the footage at hand. Lol at wallys and dippers reaction on the sideline. I half expected him to pull a phone out calling the coroner. Then i remembered the year.

FYI if u wernt aware that bloke is the coach of the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While May will be sadly missed the suspension was probably right.

I always try and walk in the shoes of the people across the table. Just imagine how you would feel if Stefan Martin was your "family".
I am in this position, and I was stoked with the hit. Stef is alright. Not happy, but alright.

I thought it was a bloody ripper hit and I lost my mind when it happened. Stoked. Worth the 5 weeks to see that back in footy.

I am in this position, and I was stoked with the hit. Stef is alright. Not happy, but alright.

I thought it was a bloody ripper hit and I lost my mind when it happened. Stoked. Worth the 5 weeks to see that back in footy.
That hit could be the difference between 8th and 13th

I liked the aggression but definitely not worth it imo

Rockliff the filthy little grub needs to STFU
Probably time for 'Chalky' Rockliff to find another game. You bump him a little high and he's still whinging 12 months later, you bump him fairly and his little ribs break (twice), now it's a calf....Jono Brown was quick to bag Gaz last year for not playing sore as captain. You there Browny?

Probably time for 'Chalky' Rockliff to find another game. You bump him a little high and he's still whinging 12 months later, you bump him fairly and his little ribs break (twice), now it's a calf....Jono Brown was quick to bag Gaz last year for not playing sore as captain. You there Browny?

Browny's had a few too many knocks to the scone I reckon
He's a good advertisement for why we need to protect the head

Leppa too. It's all about Steph according to his latest interview. Changed his tune from earlier this week.

One thing I don't get about our game is you can shirtfront a guy front on, accidentally hit him high, the guy is OK and can play the next round but you get suspended for weeks, but you can target an opponent from behind with a knee, puncture his lung, break ribs, put him in hospital and out of action for weeks, and it's play on, perfectly legal, if you take the mark?

Hahahahahhaha nice one mate. Interesting to note that rockliff broke his ribs for the second time in the first 5 mins of the saints game. Played on to get a lousy 30+ touches. Good try though mate. Keep it up and you might get somewhere.

Hahahahahhaha nice one mate. Interesting to note that rockliff broke his ribs for the second time in the first 5 mins of the saints game. Played on to get a lousy 30+ touches. Good try though mate. Keep it up and you might get somewhere.

Is the top 8 somewhere?

I'm scared to start commenting on the May incident, really disappointed that Steve let the team down but even more so for the absolute bs media. He was convicted b4 he went within coo~ee of the MRP.

The hypocritical sh*t from Leppa was an absolute farce, he is part of the problem responsible for the thug attitude in the Lions team; Cats are not the team that responds to that (view the Rd 3 game) but some teams will and unfortunately Suns were on the losing end. The umpires might want to look @ the bigger picture b4 pinning it on anyone, is what Gardiner did to Hall in the spirit of the game..? Or for that matter what Stef was doing to Jack earlier.

Uphill battle for the next four games at least and I prolly won't log on because Sam is gonna be a scapegoat yet again. The team looked unbalanced to me last week, can't blame that on any 1 player. :)

Might of played on but he didn't play again the following week..

As BRM said... Rockliff is a lot like a tampon 1 week in and 3 weeks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back