Rumour Steven May: 'personal issues' and drinking

Remove this Banner Ad

We complain that players act like robots, and one opens up a bit people jump all over them.

Let the players speak FFS. There should be more players giving their honest opinions, not less. Nobody's going to agree with every opinion anyway.

I just thought how he said it - was cringeworthy and poor sportsmanship

However your overall point has got some merit

Dont care what anyone says - the best coach - manager - was Ferguson - Sir Alex - and i never heard him once - talk up an opposition side - he used to bag them - put the pressure on them

The only side he talked up - was his own side and his players

doesn't believe it's false either. Collingwood scraped over the line in all 3 finals. A lot of luck involved. Especially with some questionable umpiring and tribunal decisions. It does seem that the AFL wanted them to get over the line.

You have convinced me. Dees should have won it all. Guess you will just have to console yourself with that premiership you didn’t see live and the massive celebrations afterwards when mum and dad let you stay up so late.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What the f*** does 'Nothingburger' mean? Couldn't you just write 'nothing'
nothingburger

noun

something that is or turns out to be insignificant or lacking in substance.

An appropriate use of the word imo. You'd have to be a decent sized boner to care what the oppo players say on their pissy internal awards night

Look, if the whole club was talking like this I'd be concerned, but it's Steven May. Maysie is a different unit, a bit emotional, and you have to take him with a grain of salt when he's waxing lyrical - especially when he's had a few drinks and it's at a club function. Don't take it too seriously. He gets a pass on the good bloke rule - and yes, he has needed a few passes over the years...

Last edited:
Loved the comments from May (and Dawson).

Of course you're going to think you can beat the premiers given the matches Adelaide and Melbourne had against them this year.

Adds some spice to their 2024 encounters...
Imagine the push and shove if he drops a backwards kick inside D50 and Bobby Hill swarms on it and puts it right through the middle

Be a bit of argy-bargy but season 2024 is a long way away
I like May for what it’s worth, I’ve met him and he’s a good guy. Very low-key in person, matches the energy in the room.

But just imagine the push and shove, the banter, would be incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothingburger

noun

something that is or turns out to be insignificant or lacking in substance.

An appropriate use of the word imo. You'd have to be a decent sized boner to care what the oppo players say on their pissy internal awards night

It sounds like something a ten year old would say at a Taylor Swift concert. Please drop it immediately

doesn't believe it's false either. Collingwood scraped over the line in all 3 finals. A lot of luck involved. Especially with some questionable umpiring and tribunal decisions. It does seem that the AFL wanted them to get over the line.
I didn't realise there was a minimum amount you had to win finals games by.

It was at the club's B&F - who cares?

Australians are embarrassingly sensitive about any personality in sport. I'd love for Nick Larkey to come out and say we're gonna flog the s**t out of our opponents next week lol
Absolutely! This practice of avoiding overly arrogant talk because you're scared that it will backfire or will give your opposition ammunition is a cowardly boring practice. A little bit of trash talk spices everything up now and again, especially if you can back it up.

No better example than when a Collingwood player fronted the media on the eve of a big game against Port (?) with something to the effect of "We're Number One for a reason, and they better bring their A game" or something like that. Loved it.

It's good to be humble, but spare us the false humility. You're elite sports people: Let's see some bravado!

No better example than when a Collingwood player fronted the media on the eve of a big game against Port (?) with something to the effect of "We're Number One for a reason, and they better bring their A game" or something like that. Loved it.
Pretty sure that was Maynard being interviewed on the ground at the immediate conclusion of a game. You could almost see his little peabrain ticking over halfway through that little quip thinking "oops I've slightly overegged the pudding here!"

I can taste those salty tears from here . If the AFL wanted us to win why even play the season . Dee's to be in massive decline next year . No finals for you

It sounds like something a ten year old would say at a Taylor Swift concert. Please drop it immediately
This is your first year on the internet mate? lmao that phrase has been used on forums and bulletin boards for decades

yep. 9 goals 17 behinds. Teams had to rely on us to kick inaccurately to beat us. That's just facts
Pretty sure that was on the whiteboard before the game.
Alright boys, just get out there, try your best and hope they don't kick straight.

Happens when you spend 90% of your money on mids and defenders and have zero forward depth.
Also doesn't help when Tracc, Viney, Hunter, Clarry and Gawn had a combined 756 effective kicks from 1570 total kicks (48.15%)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back