Rumour Steven May: 'personal issues' and drinking

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do we believe it? Are there people out there that know more? If so, do the 'personal issues' justify drinking while in rehab?

I will add that he was out drinking on the Gold Coast the weekend before round 1 this year as well.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m sure there’s a lot of schadenfruede when he left the Suns and has done absolutely nothing at a s**t Demons team. But he still deserves to be able to have a few beers. And whoever took the photo is a genuine loser who is probably such a social beta and isolated weirdo they’ve never seen out a single footballer in ******* Melbourne, let alone shitty Richmond which for some reason appeals to footballers. Odd.

Also don’t get why you can’t drink during rehab. Surely it’s easier to be hungover with a sore leg than it is running the next morning? How much does it seriously affect rehabilitation? Not much.

But yeah using ‘personal issues’ is hugely offensive but again bigfooty will defend it and say how hard his life possibly is. The reasons for his ‘struggles’ is that he’s playing s**t footy and Melbourne are too. That’s not a genuine personal issue. Everyone has low points and disappoints... everyone does every day. Absolute rort. When is a journalist going to call this out?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The percentage play would be moving back to Melbourne exposed him to more women who knew who he was, putting strain on existing relationships.
Seriously can you please stop these posts?

You constantly come in and allude as though there’s some extra exciting salacious rumour only you know about.

You’re implying he’s ******* lots of women and cheating on his partner because he’s back in Melbourne.

Number one... is that the case? And why don’t you just come out and say it, instead of talking in complete maths and riddles like you always do, giving off illusions of intellect and football insight?

Number two... who gives a s**t if he’s doing things he shouldn’t. I thought you were above gossip?

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seriously can you please stop these posts?

You constantly come in and allude as though there’s some extra exciting salacious rumour only you know about.

You’re implying he’s ******* lots of women and cheating on his partner because he’s back in Melbourne.

Number one... is that the case? And why don’t you just come out and say it, instead of talking in complete maths and riddles like you always do, giving off illusions of intellect and football insight?

Number two... who gives a **** if he’s doing things he shouldn’t. I thought you were above gossip?
That’s why he was pushed out of the Suns

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I gather he’s had some recent relationship break down. Gone for 3-4 beers with some mates possibly as he was a bit down and his mates thought it was a good idea.
Someone takes a photo sends it to the media. A story drops. What Melbourne have done is a reasonably small reaction. They couldn’t leave it untouched. He’s only had to explain himself to the playing group. And attend some counselling.
I doubt there’s anymore to this story. But if the rules are no alcohol while part of the rehab group then he needs to follow the rules.
He has some hard work to do from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats in the day near the housing commission - just like round the housing commission in Carlton, Collingwood, Flemington and Pahran, Sth Melbourne of course its daggy round those places

Cremorne and the Miicro Brewries down near the Yarra in East Richmond are the trendy parts.

Last edited:
If he’s having personal issues and he’s asked his mates to hang out, he should be commended, not criticised. I don’t care if Goody’s mrs dressed up as Stewy Dew and gave him a tongue bath. Who cares? It’s fantastic he reached out.

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never understood the no drinking in rehab rule. If it’s good enough for those going through extended injury layoffs, surely it’s good enough for the rest of the list.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Richmond is a pretty trendy suburb these days.
It's been trendy for a long time but it sucks arse. The pubs are absolutely terrible. Either 'yep we're a fooooooty pub!' with lukewarm bloated parmas and $12.50 pints of Coopers or pretentious wine bars stinging $9 for the same thing but 'sorry, we only do schooners.'

s**t suburb to drink in, terrible suburb to drink in actually. Footballers are the only morons who think it's cool.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he’s having personal issues and he’s asked his mates to hang out, he should be commended, not criticised. I don’t care if Goody’s mrs dressed up as Stewy Dew and gave him a tongue bath. Who cares? It’s fantastic he reached out.
Yes, I absolutely believe this was the dialogue.

May: 'boys I'm feeling terrible, so low, isolated... life doesn't feel worth it... I'm having thought I've never had... can we catch up?'
Delisted hanger-on #1: 'wow, Steve, are you alright?'
Delisted hanger-on #2: '*, the Colonel Arms at 3pm?'
May: 'would mean a lot, let's do it'

And they all sat down there talking about his uh, serious mental issues such as his manic depression. Yep.

ffs he's some sook who was playing s**t footy, had a few beers. Instead of telling the media to shut the * up about a non-issue, his club has helped him with the get-out card. 'Say you're having mental issues! No one will prod it!'

I can't believe how the public is seriously letting this industry paint mental illness like this.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s why he was pushed out of the Suns
A club moved on their captain because he was rooting other women?

Why is that in the interest or importance of the Gold Coast Suns? It's worked well for them but just about every AFL footballer would have done this. They're young blokes with massive egos and no brains.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
2388A8DB-36DE-40C9-8EA3-212F91B18033.jpeg

If he arrived at the Dees in proper shape and was playing good footy this wouldn’t be a story. But when you are on huge coin, show up unfit, get suspended, then injured. You draw attention to yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back