Rumour Steven May: 'personal issues' and drinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets signed to a 5 year, $800,000 a year deal.
Shows up unfit to work
His employer places a drinking ban on him while he rehabs his injury
He breaks that ban, drinking anyway, while he's still unfit to work.

The abysmal standards some people are willing to accept within a workplace are surprising. When you accept contracts of that size, certain conditions need to be met. I know people on an eighth of that money who need to be contactable at all hours due to international work. It's a job requirement, so they suck it up.

If your alcohol use is a direct detriment to your job (and in Stephen's case, it clearly is), then how about you stay off it, and earn the seriously good coin you've been given.

Yes, I absolutely believe this was the dialogue.

May: 'boys I'm feeling terrible, so low, isolated... life doesn't feel worth it... I'm having thought I've never had... can we catch up?'
Delisted hanger-on #1: 'wow, Steve, are you alright?'
Delisted hanger-on #2: '****, the Colonel Arms at 3pm?'
May: 'would mean a lot, let's do it'

And they all sat down there talking about his uh, serious mental issues such as his manic depression. Yep.

ffs he's some sook who was playing **** footy, had a few beers. Instead of telling the media to shut the **** up about a non-issue, his club has helped him with the get-out card. 'Say you're having mental issues! No one will prod it!'

I can't believe how the public is seriously letting this industry paint mental illness like this.

I think you are misunderstanding this one. He doesn't have and hasn't said he has a mental illness. He was having a s**t day or week and was catching up with his mates. From reports sounds like he broke up with his missus or something along those lines and met with his mates for a beer. That's why the club doesn't care.

You mean he didn't want to stay so you traded him. You absoloutely were open to keeping him.
he was contracted for 2019, however steven indicated during the trade period that he wouldn't re-sign after his contract was up, so he was traded. we were open to keeping him if no deals were able to be made, but it would have been a waste of a contracted player for a year when he wouldn't be with the club moving forwards.

also, he was previously engaged, then he wasn't. if you can read between the lines, a fresh start was in order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah you are too busy making up rumours and **** on forums.
Funny though all you campaigners have cared more about the beers than Melbourne.
Making up rumours?
Umm. Righto

Brendan+McCartney+Simon+Goodwin+Melbourne+SgLzOLBZziwl.jpg

When people talk about personal issues in my opinion they mean more than drinking alcohol and splitting up with a girlfriend.
You don't have to be Einstein to work that one out IMO.

If he’s that desperate to get on the piss why not have his mates bring over a slab and drink it at home that way no photos and no one gives a s**t

Seriously not a hard trade off we’re going to pay you 800k a year but during the season you can’t get pissed not exactly hard every club has a drinking ban of some kind in place especially for players doing rehab

Yes, I absolutely believe this was the dialogue.

May: 'boys I'm feeling terrible, so low, isolated... life doesn't feel worth it... I'm having thought I've never had... can we catch up?'
Delisted hanger-on #1: 'wow, Steve, are you alright?'
Delisted hanger-on #2: '****, the Colonel Arms at 3pm?'
May: 'would mean a lot, let's do it'

And they all sat down there talking about his uh, serious mental issues such as his manic depression. Yep.

ffs he's some sook who was playing **** footy, had a few beers. Instead of telling the media to shut the **** up about a non-issue, his club has helped him with the get-out card. 'Say you're having mental issues! No one will prod it!'

I can't believe how the public is seriously letting this industry paint mental illness like this.

Big rant but where did May, Melbourne or anyone else with authority say he had mental illnesses? Manic depression?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back