Traded Steven May [traded with Kade Kolodjashnij to Melbourne for pick 6]

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people think about a deal structured around (give or take later draft pick swaps)
May AND Wingard to Hawthorn,
2 2018 first rd picks to Port,
Hombsch plus Hawks (Burton? Whitecross? Lovell?) plus 2019 first rd pick to GC

probably too bad a deal for GC.

What do people think about a deal structured around (give or take later draft pick swaps)

So suns are losing a first round pick and May?

So suns are losing a first round pick and May?
Swapping 2018 for 2019 (Port need them this year, GC dont know)
Swapping May for Hombsch plus a Hawk plus possibly upgrade draft picks.

Like I said, an idea that GC probably wouldnt take.

So for the privilege of losing their best player and captain, GC have the added privilege of handing over a 1st rd pick? Somehow I don't think they will be jumping for joy. Great for Port though.

As to whether a deal between these 3 clubs is feasible, really depends how much GCFC rate Burton, and more importantly, if Burton has any desire to play football and live on the Gold Coast.

Oh, and Hombsch adds nothing to this deal. Quit casting off your unwanted scraps and wanting other clubs to go 'MmmmMMMMM, delicious'.

So for the privilege of losing their best player and captain, GC have the added privilege of handing over a 1st rd pick? Somehow I don't think they will be jumping for joy. Great for Port though.

As to whether a deal between these 3 clubs is feasible, really depends how much GCFC rate Burton, and more importantly, if Burton has any desire to play football and live on the Gold Coast.

Oh, and Hombsch adds nothing to this deal. Quit casting off your unwanted scraps and wanting other clubs to go 'MmmmMMMMM, delicious'.
Swapping first round picks 2018 to 2019 not losing one.
Hombsch is a required player at Port but looking for 1st 22 opportunities.
But yeah I thought GC too harshly dealt

Ok, putting this is 3 threads is enough. :D

OHW7bTR.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you want more for Neale, Melbourne want more for hogan and hogan wants more years from you... and your mob spat the dummy and walked away. Look in the mirror as to why we are discussing alternatives.

I got that genius....that's why I put up the idea of everyone taking unders?

Because you want more for Neale, Melbourne want more for hogan and hogan wants more years from you... and your mob spat the dummy and walked away. Look in the mirror as to why we are discussing alternatives.

Care factor ....0

We're holding out until Beams is or is not done....worst case scenario keep Neale & pretty much top 5 pick guranteed next year.

Gold Coast get value or hold May ...worst case scenario pick 2 or 3 next year.

Melb ....keep Hogan..worst case scenario- Hogan can't play back & they get punished in the finals.

Penny must have dropped with May that Freo aint bluffing.

Care factor ....0

We're holding out until Beams is or is not done....worst case scenario keep Neale & pretty much top 5 pick guranteed next year.

Gold Coast get value or hold May ...worst case scenario pick 2 or 3 next year.

Melb ....keep Hogan..worst case scenario- Hogan can't play back & they get punished in the finals.

Penny must have dropped with May that Freo aint bluffing.
i am not disagreeing with freo's stance, just saying that it isn't a certainty. I personally think Hogan is out of his mind asking freo for 8 years, and i don't think Melbourne want May as much as it seems or they wouldn't be busting Freo's balls so much for Hogan.

Don't rule us out, we got Schache in the last minute in 2017 and I have no doubt we'll be into him as a replacement for Adams. I doubt we'd give up pick 7 for him though, Power even said Wingard is the only player we were prepared to give the pick for.

Unlikely, but not impossible, especially if Fremantle don't get Hogan.

[edit] forget it, no way that's possible when GC can get a first round compo for him next year.

Last edited:
You wish. Jmac is a North player.
Jason McCartney, our former list manager extraordinaire, Monk Like Generosity, Master at Taking Unders and Giving Overs. Attributes that make for a wonderful man... but a shocking trade negotiator.

And yeah, played for north, same Jmac...

Jason McCartney, our former list manager extraordinaire, Monk Like Generosity, Master at Taking Unders and Giving Overs. Attributes that make for a wonderful man... but a shocking trade negotiator.

And yeah, played for north, same Jmac...

Give away Setterfield and Scully for loose change, talks tough over Lobb and Shiel but will buckle, GWS need to replace him ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back