Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

The blokes a horrible turnover waiting to happen, bad decision making and rubbish disposal the more time he spends at Casey the better

Skulduggerous.

OMac vs Frost is an interesting one. Both are imo just average KPDs but are good at different things. Frost obviously has his pace and rebound, OMac is better in the air and a much better kick. Frost is shocking in the air and OMac is glacial at ground level.
I think we play whichever according to form of each and who we are playing against. I don’t think it will do OMac any harm to be dropped to the reserves from time to time, and it might do some good. He’s had a good while enjoying automatic selection and he might benefit from being forced to really fight for his spot. He doesn’t strike me as the type that would sulk and go backwards after being dropped. He’s a bit younger than Frosty too, so you would imagine he has some further filling-out and strength to build in there somewhere.

I’m not certain now what details were strictly firmed up, but av sounds good - I reckon the traditional week sounds okay

Do you have a crisis of conscience given the punishment of a few for changing their avatars? Now you’re about to change his avatar. Did you consider that Topkent actually wants you to change it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you have a crisis of conscience given the punishment of a few for changing their avatars? Now you’re about to change his avatar. Did you consider that Topkent actual wants you to change it?

#topkenttoo

Do you have a crisis of conscience given the punishment of a few for changing their avatars? Now you’re about to change his avatar. Did you consider that Topkent actual wants you to change it?

Yeah too true

I’d start Frost slightly ahead of OMac based on end of year form, but the selectors do seem to love OMac.

The more interesting one for me is Lewis.

Salem was great last year and Hibberd is a lock. Fritsch played the role well a few times as a first year player, and no worries we have KK coming into the side.

If we play Lewis, I’m actually hoping we move him further up the ground a bit. It’s his last year so no need to preserve his body I don’t think.

Lever surely won't be fit until a couple of months in, and will need some VFL time too. Whichever one of Oscar and Frost is in better form will play, not like there needs to be a decision made now. Given OMac hasn't been dropped for years and Frost is often dropped, I'd be surprised if Goodwin's plan was to keep Frosty in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levers not back for 6 weeks, so they probably both play.

Notwithstanding, goody absolutely loves OMac I doubt very much that he gets dropped.

Loves him so much we turfed a fan favourite out the door to get a KPD because we didn't have faith in either of the current ones performing next year.

Loves him so much we turfed a fan favourite out the door to get a KPD because we didn't have faith in either of the current ones performing next year.
Hahaha you're kidding I hope. Hogan clearly wanted out, and we want May because he's better than McDonald and Frost. Doesn't mean he doesn't rate either of them. We'd have told vandenBerg he could go to Sydney if they were offering Parker in return, but that doesn't mean the coaches have anything other than love for vdb. Oscar is coming on great, he and Jetta were the lynchpins this year, even though he's not big enough to take Hawkins on.

Hahaha you're kidding I hope. Hogan clearly wanted out, and we want May because he's better than McDonald and Frost. Doesn't mean he doesn't rate either of them. We'd have told vandenBerg he could go to Sydney if they were offering Parker in return, but that doesn't mean the coaches have anything other than love for vdb. Oscar is coming on great, he and Jetta were the lynchpins this year, even though he's not big enough to take Hawkins on.

Settle down sunshine I clearly was.
Omac will develop 3x faster with May helping protect him. Just throwing blokes to the wolves doesn't really help their development at all.

Settle down sunshine I clearly was.
Omac will develop 3x faster with May helping protect him. Just throwing blokes to the wolves doesn't really help their development at all.
Internet sarcasm doesn't translate well without emojis, blossom xx

Interesting because thats how i saw his 2016/17
Right and in 2018 we still went out to get another defender to help him as he isn't ready.

Disposal average

2016- 16.2
2017- 15.4
2018- 11.6

I think last year he was struggling with trying to be a defender and also impacting the game in an attacking sense. Could be to do with our change of game style aswell but he isn't a good enough defender yet to be straight lock down.

He spoils the ball fine but he needs to be more confident in not just nullifying an opponent but beating them, hopefully with May in he will get some easier tasks and can gain some confidence

Frost is not brave enough in the air when going for marks. Cost us goal against Hawthorn in the final at a crucial time, because he flinched expecting contact. Not sure if he can shake this bad habit, but he'll be nothing more than depth unless he can.

Frost is more likely to make a matchwinning run or defensive effort, but is also more likely to lose you the game by dropping a mark.

Yep, he's a classic risk reward player. Omac is too safe for mine, hopefully with May in and Lever back Omac can take some more risks in his game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back