News Stevie Motlop signs with North Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

Off the top of my head:

R Gray
Wingard
Polec
Neade

All could have done it and I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Now...guess who was in the forward 50 at that moment?

R Gray
Wingard
Neade
Polec
Neade would have been looking for the handball. That is his first though from 40m out.

What's the difference?

32484644_1783425245014079_6490492974999273472_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty happy with Geelong training him up and getting through his flaky years while we pick him up for free for his premium years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could have used him in the dark years and the Ken / Burgo run till you drop period. We had absolutely no one who could keep up with him. He blitzed us in all 3 games in 2013 especially the SF. Take him out of Geelong's side and put him in Port's side in 2013, we get to the PF and maybe further.

Was a whipping boy at the cats and his efforts could be a bit spasmodic, but there were two things about him that made me always like him:

1. Good foot skills.

2. Would love to see the actual stats, but this guy has a habit of kicking goals in fourth quarters of close games. Bloody good trait to have.

Was a whipping boy at the cats and his efforts could be a bit spasmodic, but there were two things about him that made me always like him:

1. Good foot skills.

2. Would love to see the actual stats, but this guy has a habit of kicking goals in fourth quarters of close games. Bloody good trait to have.
This was always my recollection of him too.. always seemed to stand up in the big games. Shat me to absolute ******* tears.

Needs to do more

we are 7-4 with a game in hand and a relatively easy back end of the draw, arguably should be 8-3. He is still getting accustomed to new team mates and structures this doesn't happen over night and he doesn't play a role like Rockliff where it is "see ball get ball" He relies on others creating his opportunities and our forward structure isn't much chop at the minute. Come round 16, he and Watts will do some magical things, I have however stated both he and Wattsy should have a weekend off and watch a game from high in the stands, Learn plenty from observing!

Port vs St.Kilda will be the turning point in our year, then Freo could be Motts time to shine, GWS @ Adelaide Oval may dictate us being a top 4 team or 7th-8th, 2nd Showdown Wattsies time to shine, Port vs West Coast needs to be a statement match where we fire a shot to a team that has the wool over us, and round out the year against one of our greatest enemies Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back