News Stevie Motlop signs with North Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a bit of a defensive role tonight. Liked what I saw, was consistent through the game.
Certainly been running back hard in defence, but also to be our prime ball mover from the back. Noticed a couple of times over the last two weeks that he's been sitting our player furthest behind the ball, ready to attack if our defenders intercept.

I love that this guy plays for us. You know there's more special moments to come.

Wingard cemented himself as my favourite current player after his heroics in Showdown 35. Mots will forever be on the podium for his heroics this year.

Wanganeen heads the list for my all time favourite- coming back to lead a side destined to struggle for years and then producing what he did in the last 5 quarters of 2014. With Wanganeen Wingard and Mots so high in my favourites, does that make me a racist?

Back to Motlop- building very nicely. Has been played everywhere this year- wing guts forward and now back. It’s great to see two of our star recruits flying- Thomas and Watts are passes for me. Let’s try Trengove next!

One soft effort being outmarked by an AUskicker.... But he's been fantastic.
He's been badly/softly outmarked a couple of times. Focuses too much on his opponent. Player with a brilliant footy IQ like him should just go for the footy himself and make his opponent worry about him. Hopefully can work with Cornes on this area.

His impact in our side has definitely been underrated.

Fantastic game by Mots tonight. Just about BOG. Thought he was our most consistent over 4 quarters. Chad might just pip him for BOG.

Wonder if I wil see him and Daniel at the pub tomorrow putting on a few bets on the horses like I did earlier in the year, a couple of times after we played on a Saturday.

Stay relaxed off field and keep going flat out running and bouncing the ball on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic game by Mots tonight. Just about BOG. Thought he was our most consistent over 4 quarters. Chad might just pip him for BOG.

Wonder if I wil see him and Daniel at the pub tomorrow putting on a few bets on the horses like I did earlier in the year, a couple of times after we played on a Saturday.

Stay relaxed off field and keep going flat out running and bouncing the ball on field.

Yep he was great tonight. Just always seemed to pop up when we needed him and ran hard with the ball in hand. Moar pls!

Clever use of him by the coaches. Worked hard into defence to provide run from the backline we lost with Pittard out. Kept getting the ball and giving great rebound.

Just like his brother, he's an enigma. One minute I'm frustrated with something he's done or hasn't done and the next I'm shaking my head in amazement at some ridiculous s**t he's just pulled off. There was a lot more of the latter than the former today. Been exactly the pick up we needed him to be.

Been a great pick up and linkage player for us. Don’t like kens comments though that he has though about him from the half back line or trying him there. We don’t need everyone to be a back flanker, let alone someone who has a knack for kicking winning goals

Been a great pick up and linkage player for us. Don’t like kens comments though that he has though about him from the half back line or trying him there. We don’t need everyone to be a back flanker, let alone someone who has a knack for kicking winning goals

Yea I heard that comment and was concerned. Wouldn’t mind him as a HBF when he is older but right now we need providing dash through the midfield and delivering inside fifty.

My favourite thing about Motlop (aside from the Showdown goal obviously) is the way he always looks to go through the corridor. It's something that had been sorely missing from our side over the last 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back