Steven Motlop in our sights

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Motlop.

2009 draft.

FA agent in 2017 if you do the maths.

Only a moron would trade for Motlop now. Seriously only a moron.:cool:

BTW I love the propaganda of Richmond desperately needing a quality small forward.:eek:

As if??? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

You do not have to be a f...ing rocket scientist to figure out if we lose Edwards in 2016 due to 2016 you then and only then get Motlop in the 2017 FA period!!:cool:

Just on Motlop

P39 , 2008

Just on Motlop

P39 , 2008

So are you saying 2016 FA?

Even better wait to 2016. Geelong will only dip further particularly if we get Bartel end of year from a trade with a late pick.

Can't see the point using FA with Bartel as it will interfere with possible compo pick for losing Rance via FA.

So Geelong signs Bartel for a year and we give them a late pick they would not otherwise get. Can't see Geelong getting anything for Bartel via FA.

Lose Edwards via FA in 2016, gain Motlop via FA straight swap really I guess

Last edited:
Just the type of player we need. It does beg the question, however, of why we didn't look at Garlett who is arguably superior and was available for much less.

So are you saying 2016 FA?

Even better wait to 2016. Geelong will only dip further particularly if we get Bartel end of year from a trade with a late pick.

Can't see the point using FA with Bartel as it will interfere with possible compo pick for losing Rance via FA
No Im saying he is drafted 2008. When he would be FA will depend on the length of his next contract if he signs at Geelong. So 2-4 years Id guess. If 3 years plus he would be UFA.

No Im saying he is drafted 2008. When he would be FA will depend on the length of his next contract if he signs at Geelong. So 2-4 years Id guess. If 3 years plus he would be UFA.

Well if the club and players are fools they will sign for 2-4 years.

If player and club are smart sign for one year and lose Motlop for a decent compo pick.

Geelong commence their long awaited rebuild from 2016 and avoid a Carltank scenario.

Ball is in Geelong's and players court really.

BTW trying to sign Blicavs long term is utter madness really. Your club/team needs to rebuild, not carry players entering their prime!!:rolleyes:

When I say rebuild I do not mean Carlton chaos but it still needs to bottom out at some point and come clean with reality even though Geelongs dip should not be as pronounced as Carlton's!:rolleyes::cool:

BTW RFC should not be bluffed by a 2-4 year contract scenario with Motlop. It might be 2-4 years before we get into our window anyway so we can wait. Particularly if we lose Rance which seems more likely now. So you can keep Motlop while we chase Keath, Weitering, Talia etc.. that is not a problem. In fact it really suits us if we are smart:cool:

Last edited:
Well if the club and players are fools they will sign for 2-4 years.

If player and club are smart sign for one year and lose Motlop for a decent compo pick.

Geelong commence their long awaited rebuild from 2016 and avoid a Carltank scenario.

Ball is in Geelong's and players court really.

BTW trying to sign Blicavs long term is utter madness really. Your club/team needs to rebuild, not carry players entering their prime!!:rolleyes:

When I say rebuild I do not mean Carlton chaos but it still needs to bottom out at some point and come clean with reality even though Geelongs dip should not be as pronounced as Carlton's!:rolleyes::cool:

BTW RFC should not be bluffed by a 2-4 year contract scenario with Motlop. It might be 2-4 years before we get into our window anyway so we can wait. Particularly if we lose Rance which seems more likely now. So you can keep Motlop while we chase Keath, Weitering, Talia etc.. that is not a problem. In fact it really suits us if we are smart:cool:

Too much I totally disagree , with so I will leave you to it as its your board .

I always think of Geelong as the ranga though, okay got lucky a couple of times but once a ranga always a ranga?
Neville Bruns, Robert 'Scratcher' Neil, Craig Biddiscombe, Tim McGrath, Barry Stoneham, Adrian Hickmott, Cameron Ling, ...

So our two times Coleman medalist is not elite in your opinion?

Nah, he is a very good role player.

JR does not have the pace to play FF.

He is a elite pocket player/third tall really but not key post.

JR is the cream to win you a premiership, bit like Gunston but he is no Roughhead or Franklin

Just the type of player we need. It does beg the question, however, of why we didn't look at Garlett who is arguably superior and was available for much less.
Had a wrap sheet that made Charlie sheen look like an angel , put off most suitors exceot he most desperate, ironically he was acquitted of the affray charges recently :eek:

And the mil Hawthorn have for Dangerfield ?
I don't believe they have it. The mil they had set aside for Buddy has been eaten up by McEvoy and Frawley. The only way they could do it would be to backload him after Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson and Lake retire, and that in itself is a great argument for him not to go there.

Motlop is a much better player than Garlett, who can't play anywhere but forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop is a much better player than Garlett, who can't play anywhere but forward pocket.

I don't think that's a big deal - we're recruiting for a forward pocket. That is the big hole we have on the list. Yes, Motlop is a much better midfielder, but as a forward, Garlett is more dangerous and lays more tackles. Garlett was also available for a half-eaten Mars bar, whereas Motlop will require us to put quite a bit on the table.

I don't think that's a big deal - we're recruiting for a forward pocket. That is the big hole we have on the list. Yes, Motlop is a much better midfielder, but as a forward, Garlett is more dangerous and lays more tackles. Garlett was also available for a half-eaten Mars bar, whereas Motlop will require us to put quite a bit on the table.
And if we'd signed Garlett and he said, "Hey, Dusty, let's go down King St"...?

And if we'd signed Garlett and he said, "Hey, Dusty, let's go down King St"...?

What about our other holes in the back line, and midfield as well as ruck?

We have to allow time to develop/recruit quality into other positions if we are serious about challenging for a premiership.

Can't really be wasting draft picks in trades when we need them to build our back line, midfield and other areas IMO when you can use FA for lessor roles

Anyone thought that we are publicly ' into Motlop ' and will be into Hawkins to ensure Geelong pay top dollar and therefore reducing cash to throw at others ?
Since Hartley has arrived the players we have been into has never been public knowledge until they are basically upon our list, I see no reason why that would change . Especially with Dan richardson also being involved .
Smoke and mirrors !

We have 9 players over 30 and about 6 injury prone players most of which we can get rid of at the end of the year. Geelong will have more money to spend on players at the end of the year than any other club by far.

We have 9 players over 30 and about 6 injury prone players most of which we can get rid of at the end of the year. Geelong will have more money to spend on players at the end of the year than any other club by far.
Did you really have to come in here and piss all over our fantasies?
Reality has no home here.

You also have to resign Hawkins with the fair chance of Danger and Henderson coming on board. Those players over 30 get vets list concessions and a few of them are sticking around. Plus guys like Caddy/Guthrie will expect pay rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back