Steven Motlop in our sights

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our backline is fine, we need more depth in the midfield and a decent small crumbing forward up front. Another Ruckman would be ideal.

I'd be chasing Motlop massively as that would give us that forward plus increase our midfield depth at the same time.

Our backline is our major weakness, half back line apart from our clearance area

I don't expect this to go down well but just bookmark it. 2 more years should do it went expectations are not realised etc..

Our backline is fine, we need more depth in the midfield and a decent small crumbing forward up front. Another Ruckman would be ideal.

I'd be chasing Motlop massively as that would give us that forward plus increase our midfield depth at the same time.

We will not win a premiership with Chaplin in the team. Bookmark it now and keep it on full record, put it on your footers if you like

If we get Motlop, and I know a lot have been ra ra about small forwards it the media etc..I expect Dimma to get sacked by the end of his term because the improvement will not be there because the weaknesses have not been identified properly.

Richo mentioned I know to BT small forward etc.. so obviously some network is going but Richo played out of position for most of his career before he was put on the wing

Last edited:
Our backline is our major weakness, half back line apart from our clearance area

I don't expect this to go down well but just bookmark it. 2 more years should do it went expectations are not realised etc..

Who needs stats when you can have assumptions and opinions;)

We will not win a premiership with Chaplin in the team. Bookmark it now and keep it on full record, put it on your footers if you like

Well, we haven't won one for over 30 years, so pretty safe odds i'd of thought.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Just putting it out there, if Maric is 30, should we look at Carlisle, with the thought of Biggie and Ty taking over the ruck, or Rance stays FB, and Carlisle becomes the 2nd/3rd defensive tall who will ultimately take over Chaplin's spot?

Just putting it out there, if Maric is 30, should we look at Carlisle, with the thought of Biggie and Ty taking over the ruck, or Rance stays FB, and Carlisle becomes the 2nd/3rd defensive tall who will ultimately take over Chaplin's spot?

I don't think Ty or Grif are up for full ruck duties.

If we were able to get Motlop to replace Morris in the forward line and a decent full-time Ruck replacement; I think that is a very competitive list.

All our key players have signed at least for the next 2 years. This is the perfect time for us to fill in the gaps with some good talent. Motlop fits the bill and so does yaran. I don't care if we pay overs as long as we spend the money on the right players. Motlop or yaran are proven talents and will add a lot of zip to our list. An X factor small forward, A grade onballer and a quality ruckman should take us to the next level. Cmon tiges, get it done..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Motlop, and I know a lot have been ra ra about small forwards it the media etc..I expect Dimma to get sacked by the end of his term because the improvement will not be there because the weaknesses have not been identified properly.

Richo mentioned I know to BT small forward etc.. so obviously some network is going but Richo played out of position for most of his career before he was put on the wing

He's kicked 800 goals and more on the G than any other human ever.... I think they got it right. In fact if he'd played at any semi-decent club at that time, he'd have topped 1000.

After 15 years of playing at the top level, he developed the smarts to play on the wing.... He couldn't have done that when he was younger.... footy was so so different then.

what panel of experts have brought you to this conclusion?

Probably get a negative response because of his age more than anything but would we take a look at Tendai Mzungu?

He's gone backwards the last season and a bit hasn't he. Was a handy player a couple of years ago. I'm just not sure he fits what we need.

So i'll bookmark this with your other bookmark comment that Dangerfield will be at Richmond next year. Done.

He's kicked 800 goals and more on the G than any other human ever.... I think they got it right. In fact if he'd played at any semi-decent club at that time, he'd have topped 1000.

After 15 years of playing at the top level, he developed the smarts to play on the wing.... He couldn't have done that when he was younger.... footy was so so different then.

You obviously did not see his match on the wing for the Allies years before Plough even entered the picture as coach then:rolleyes:

You obviously did not see his match on the wing for the Allies years before Plough even entered the picture as coach then:rolleyes:

I did, he was best on ground.... in fact I was there.

However, Dean Polo got 3 Brownlow votes in an actual AFL match and he wasn't much of a player..... 1 match does not make a career. Benny Gale was a CHF and a CHB for years before he ever played in the ruck, where he played great footy....

Players develop Magic.... they may find success in a variety of positions, doesn't mean they were wrong to play where they played before that....

Total an absolute rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back