Steven Motlop in our sights

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, he was best on ground.... in fact I was there.

However, Dean Polo got 3 Brownlow votes in an actual AFL match and he wasn't much of a player..... 1 match does not make a career. Benny Gale was a CHF and a CHB for years before he ever played in the ruck, where he played great footy....

Players develop Magic.... they may find success in a variety of positions, doesn't mean they were wrong to play where they played before that....
No you just didn't see it :p :\

I don't think Ty or Grif are up for full ruck duties.

If we were able to get Motlop to replace Morris in the forward line and a decent full-time Ruck replacement; I think that is a very competitive list.

I still think Ty is our next starting ruckman. I see him as a lesser Brad Ottens, following a similar career trajectory. Our ruck issue is more of a short term/immediate problem. To my eyes Vickery has shown a bit in the centre and around the ground, he just hasn't developed the build to play there week after week for 60%+ of the game. If Maric goes down now we have an issue, but in the next 12-18 months I think Ty will put on anther 5 kilos just as part of the natural maturation process (big guys take longer) and his frame will be able to handle the load.

There are plenty of good players out there, some of which have won premierships, that would be considered lesser than Brad Ottens. Ty has the ability to ruck, he showed it at junior level, he will be fine.

Just an on-topic edit: If Motlop satisfied our club doctors and could actually stay on the field for 18+ games he would be a great get for the right price. He kicked over 40 goals in 2013, and he's more than handy running through the middle. It all comes down to cost.

Last edited:
I still think Ty is our next starting ruckman. I see him as a lesser Brad Ottens, following a similar career trajectory. Our ruck issue is more of a short term/immediate problem. To my eyes Vickery has shown a bit in the centre and around the ground, he just hasn't developed the build to play there week after week for 60%+ of the game. If Maric goes down now we have an issue, but in the next 12-18 months I think Ty will put on anther 5 kilos just as part of the natural maturation process (big guys take longer) and his frame will be able to handle the load.

There are plenty of good players out there, some of which have won premierships, that would be considered lesser than Brad Ottens. Ty has the ability to ruck, he showed it at junior level, he will be fine.

Just an on-topic edit: If Motlop satisfied our club doctors and could actually stay on the field for 18+ games he would be a great get for the right price. He kicked over 40 goals in 2013, and he's more than handy running through the middle. It all comes down to cost.
In short we need him to play in the position we recruited him for.

Total an absolute rubbish

This is why I have had you on ignore for a good while and I am confident in the fact you have little idea.

If we got Motlop we would have a heap of forwards with little in the midfield and a patchy back line which would make the whole team balance unbelievably embarrassing so naturally, without a decent back line Dimma could hardly get an extension.

After Conca v Heppel and Hampson only so many f.. ups can be tolerated

I did, he was best on ground.... in fact I was there.

However, Dean Polo got 3 Brownlow votes in an actual AFL match and he wasn't much of a player..... 1 match does not make a career. Benny Gale was a CHF and a CHB for years before he ever played in the ruck, where he played great footy....

Players develop Magic.... they may find success in a variety of positions, doesn't mean they were wrong to play where they played before that....

Polo did not even have the build to be a footballer so its natural he was a one hit wonder. He was a stringy ungainly player with long arms that lacked balance among other attributes

Richo was an athletic freak and a great contested mark who always had speed and could run.

The truth is Richo should have played wing far earlier than he did based on his Allies performance but the people at the club lacked the balls, vision and confidence.

You can see watching Dunstall tear up Spud on the bounce every week were RFC was lacking at the time in terms of vision.

The truth is if Richo was identified as a wingman far earlier who knows, we could have targeted Franklin in the 2004 draft.

But what seems obvious is there is a lot of conservatives that follow general norms around footy and have no f... idea of the mechanics of football and what makes footballers competitive etc...

The fact we are so slow picking up on the big mid footballer trend these days is another example.

We have guys like Deledio getting recruited but the off field has no f.. idea how to utilise them and plays them in the back line FFS.

Some of the clueless statements that get posted around here is indicative of the bottom of the pit footy IQ that has revolved around the RFC in terms of off-field decision making which rendered the club a basket case until recent years.

I think the Dimma regime is a step forward, but as we have seen with Conca v Heppel and Hampson it is far from perfect either.

If the f... up of not having Richo on a wing earlier cannot be acknowledged it is just typical of a Greek like arrogance and level of stupidity that only gets resolved from a regime change.

Not saying Dimma is history but if we get Motlop the lack of talent in our back line will make the rest of our list irrelevant so he will just be marking time.

Last edited:
This is why I have had you on ignore for a good while and I am confident in the fact you have little idea.

If we got Motlop we would have a heap of forwards with little in the midfield and a patchy back line which would make the whole team balance unbelievably embarrassing so naturally, without a decent back line Dimma could hardly get an extension.

After Conca v Heppel and Hampson only so many f.. ups can be tolerated
1. Our backline is the strongest part of our team, how do even come up with patchy.
2. Heppell would've walked out on us after 1-2 years or anyone else for that matter who picked him up and requested a trade to essendon and if a trade couldn't happen which is what essendon would be aiming for he would go to the PSD and nominate essendon as his destination and they get him for free, so give up the fairytale notion that heppell would still be at richmond if we picked him because he wouldnt be.

1. Our backline is the strongest part of our team, how do even come up with patchy.
2. Heppell would've walked out on us after 1-2 years or anyone else for that matter who picked him up and requested a trade to essendon and if a trade couldn't happen which is what essendon would be aiming for he would go to the PSD and nominate essendon as his destination and they get him for free, so give up the fairytale notion that heppell would still be at richmond if we picked him because he wouldnt be.

Then why has not Essendon faced a fine and penalties if true regarding 2.?

1. Our weakest areas are our clearance/ruck areas and our back line and Motlop cannot help in that regard.

If Motlop was like P Cripps fine get him but he is not. Nor is he KK or a CHB.\\\

Just wait and see if Motlop comes and he joins Lids and Dusty looking at each other waiting for the ball to be delivered to them.

Your better off trying to draft the likes of Motlop with a later pick unless you are really near contention and he is the final piece in the puzzle.

The way you talk its as if the back line is set which is just embarrassing. If Rance was not there one would think about starting again.

4 years down the track we will be lacking a lever and Jake K is not near the same quality btw

Last edited:
Then why has not Essendon faced a fine and penalties if true regarding 2.?

1. Our weakest areas are our clearance/ruck areas and our back line and Motlop cannot help in that regard.

If Motlop was like P Cripps fine get him but he is not. Nor is he KK or a CHB.\\\

Just wait and see if Motlop comes and he joins Lids and Dusty looking at each other waiting for the ball to be delivered to them.

Your better off trying to draft the likes of Motlop with a later pick unless you are really near contention and he is the final piece in the puzzle.

The way you talk its as if the back line is set which is just embarrassing. If Rance was not there one would think about starting again.
1. They dont get a fine and penalties because they didnt need to resort to those tactics, if my info is correct they concocted a dodgy hamstring/knee story which scared other teams off before the draft.
2. Again i ask you, why is our backline so dodgy/weak in your eyes?

Polo did not even have the build to be a footballer so its natural he was a one hit wonder. He was a stringy ungainly player with long arms that lacked balance among other attributes.

Dustin Fletcher says hi......
Build or no build, I believe if you have the talent and application, you will make it.

Dustin Fletcher says hi......
Build or no build, I believe if you have the talent and application, you will make it.
NO WAY IS our weakest area our backline, grimes, rance, batch,valustin will all keep getting better, our weakness is forward conversion into scoring shots,depth of midfield, in which motlop will help both these areas and best of all open the gate for other future big fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back