Bumped Steven Motlop (merged roast threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like his games a lot more if he turned it over less and just slowed the hell down before kicking for goal. Wasted a few golden opportunities today. No point getting the ball and running at 100 miles an hour just to waste it and cough it up to the opposition.

Still, good signs.

it's great that he is providing run and carry but he has to make better decisions

can't be missing easy goals and trying to kick impossible goals instead of passing it

If he can finish he will be devastating could have finished with 5 or 6 today. Teams are and will find it difficult to contain him and Varcoe.

He could be a star but he needs to stop being selfish inside 50, a few times today he had players in better positions but tried either impossible snaps or runs from 50.
Lower the eyes, settle before kicking and he will be a STAR.

Don't mean to be racist or anything, but I wonder if he's got more confidence now that his three "brothers" are out there running around with him. The four of them seem pretty close.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that post at all Winty, in fact I reckon you're bang on; our quartet of Indigenous blokes clearly enjoy playing alongside each other and no doubt draw confidence and inspiration from each other.

Good to see Trav Varcoe fire up when Christensen was roughly treated in the 2nd quarter, he had a fair old crack at Firrito.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me he's giving it a real go and gets seriously involved when we score.....maybe his value might be appreciated by round 4 or 5, afterall he just stepped up last year,......he'd get a pass mark?????? Surely!:rolleyes:

Should have had five and given another one off to Caddy. Frustrating game. He was ok though.

I thought we'd blown it when he just missed that goal on the run in the last. He was a bit frustrating. He needs to learn to do what other guys with explosive pace do when lining up for goal on the run. Instead of kicking while he's running at his fastest he should put the afterburners on then slow down a metre or two before he kicks. Jetta does that well.

I thought we'd blown it when he just missed that goal on the run in the last. He was a bit frustrating. He needs to learn to do what other guys with explosive pace do when lining up for goal on the run. Instead of kicking while he's running at his fastest he should put the afterburners on then slow down a metre or two before he kicks. Jetta does that well.

The annoying thing is I remember being really confident in his finishing whenever he had a clear shot at goal (on the run or from a free kick) about this time last year.

He missed some big shots, but the confidence I have that we'll at least get a score when either he or Varcoe run it out of our backline sums up where he is now for me. He and his run are becoming a crucial part of the team.

Thought he was a liability in this particular game. I not trying to have a go, I like him, want him to do well but for me this wasn't one of his games to celebrate. He didn't do much defensively and despite 6 inside 50's he wasn't finding our players but rather causing turnovers. But I will agree it's good to see he's getting the ball, and even better that he's getting shots on goal. I'll take that as positive signs, just hope he can be more clinical in the future.

Is shaping up to be an absolute weapon. Hits the contest with extreme pace and just finds another gear through the middle when he receives. He is young FFS and will defenitely get better at decision making and his eye will get better and those 4 shots on goal will be 3:1 or 4 straight.
There would be 17 other Clubs salivating at the prospect of having him on their list. He has the X factor and will get better at the Geelong way, stay tuned !!

I'm in the glass half full side of the equation.

Young blokes do make mistakes, but if the leaders in and of the team do the right thing and point out the error of their ways, the good 'uns learn.

And I do think that Mots is a very good 'un. And that we do have the very best of leaders, on and off the park.

I am excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back