List Mgmt. Steven Motlop nominates Port Adelaide, Geelong declines to match, COMPO IS PICK 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. I never said it wasn't driven by Geelong. The club shopped him around last year and he's wanted to leave since then.
He was actually happy at the cub.
Since he's an uncontracted RFA pick 19 is an amazing result.
pick 19 is good given the assumption he is leaving. but he never had to leave.

It's amazing.

I was a bit surprised you only got pick 19 as he was one of your 22 and played most games over the last few years . I admit I don’t really understand how they work out what you get for a player who leaves especially when it was the club that really pushed him away .

I am also surprised that the club seemed so eager to move him on . I know he’s not the most consistent player you have but he’s good when he gets going .

Clubs trying to poach have to offer overs though. Which we were not willing to do. Already been burnt once by motlop.
but that is a failure of logic on our behalf. why are we chasing players we have to pay overs for (as yuo say) when we can keep our current ones like Motlop for probably unders.

motlop had an injury plagued year this year. like selwood in 2015 and hawkins in 2013 and countless other players. do we all just get rid of them because of it? Motlops previous four years were all very good and worthy of that pay, as was his last 6 games this year.

It is important that this is considered a R1 pick. It means if we get to 2019 having not traded away this pick or next years we’ve already satisfied the 2 in 4 with two years spare.
That system doesn't kick in until 2019.

The current draft is irrelevant.

That system doesn't kick in until 2019.

The current draft is irrelevant.
I get that but in 2019 surely the preceding two years matter to calculations or that means due to their wishy washy rules we can trade away 6 years of R1 picks in advance in a row. That’s a ****ed system.

I get that but in 2019 surely the preceding two years matter to calculations or that means due to their wishy washy rules we can trade away 6 years of R1 picks in advance in a row. That’s a ****** system.
I'm not sure they do.

It kicks of in 2019, so I assume we need to use 2 1st round picks between 2019 and 2022.

No thats not true at all. He was looking at options 3 years ago like all players do and then signed on with geelong at lower than market rate. He was reportedly offered 750 thousand plus per year by north but knocked it back. Last year moltop was signed and it was geelong who shopped him around in public like a used condom. It had nothing to do with Motlop. And this year geelong did not offer him a contract. Even in trade week no contract was offered. Motlop had no choice but to look. Lets not make stuff up. Motlop leaving is 100 percent driven by geelong.
I don’t know about you, but I have never seen a used condom shopped around.

Since when is there a secondary market for used condoms? That is one of the more imbecilic analogies that I have ever read.

Since when is there a secondary market for used condoms? That is one of the more imbecilic analogies that I have ever read.
In Norlane and Corio condoms aren't used, nor are they readily available, whether new or used.

There's some real cheapskates out there.
You never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but that is a failure of logic on our behalf. why are we chasing players we have to pay overs for (as yuo say) when we can keep our current ones like Motlop for probably unders.

motlop had an injury plagued year this year. like selwood in 2015 and hawkins in 2013 and countless other players. do we all just get rid of them because of it? Motlops previous four years were all very good and worthy of that pay, as was his last 6 games this year.
Motlop is at best a winning team player. I have never seen him break a game open nor bring other players into the game. After all his years, and he is now a senior player, he shows no leadership, no initiative during a game and the great celebrations after kicking a goal are my only memory of him.
He has poor traits, bouncing the ball as soon as he gets it, not tackling, not chasing. Perhaps he was played out of position, like many players under Scott, and wasted as a potential small forward lurking at Hawkins feet. But it always seemed as if the diamond earring were more important.
And a couple of cameo plays in finals ain't enough to make you a star. Perhaps Hinkley can succeed.

Motlop is at best a winning team player. I have never seen him break a game open nor bring other players into the game. After all his years, and he is now a senior player, he shows no leadership, no initiative during a game and the great celebrations after kicking a goal are my only memory of him.
He has poor traits, bouncing the ball as soon as he gets it, not tackling, not chasing. Perhaps he was played out of position, like many players under Scott, and wasted as a potential small forward lurking at Hawkins feet. But it always seemed as if the diamond earring were more important.
And a couple of cameo plays in finals ain't enough to make you a star. Perhaps Hinkley can succeed.
I've seen him be a match winner for us. A few times in 2015 come to mind for me.
He wasn't awesome in that Hawks final last year but without his dash no way woulda we won that.

when your poor traits are bouncing the ball too early you should realise you dont have much of an argument. His tackle count is pretty standard for an outside line breaker. he plays two great finals in a row and you say he shows no leadership? what exactly are you looking for leadership wise? i agree that sometimes his chasing has been poor. sometimes. He runs more on the field then just about every other player though. so he could never be accused of being lazy. he had a poor year this year, although not nearly as poor as everyone suggests and it was partly injury related. Last year he was only one extra good game from being in the all australian squad. the year before that he nearly won our best and fairest and to be honest probably should have. our flag chances are signiifcanty lower next year without him. Significantly.

My favourite

The AFL's love of Geelong is a sick joke!! Finally their hatred of Hawthorn and extreme favouritism of Geelong is laid bare for all to see!! Screw anyone who thinks I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, this is pure political corruption!! AFL want to grease up to the regional minority and expansion markets, with their CHEAT ground, CHEAT compensation picks, CHEAT draftconcessions and CHEAT Cola, and Melbourne clubs can all just go and get stuffed! It must eat them up every single day that wethreepeated, well please suck on a steaming pile of crap you filthy low-lives!!
And let me guess he prolly got about 50 likes?

So... uh... pick 19 for Motlop. What do we think, everyone?

Most importantly: if Motlop, Stanley and Murdoch never play an AFL game for Geelong again, who becomes our next Whipping Boy (tm)? I have my money on James Parsons before the year is out, though I'd also offer you short odds on Linc McCarthy and Jake Kolodjashnij.
You are given a player at the start of the season as a whipping boy, and you stick with that. I've got Menogola. Bloody VFL player. He'll never be any good. etc. I've found waiting until they put in 2 below par games in a row, then pounce! Good stuff.

when your poor traits are bouncing the ball too early you should realise you dont have much of an argument. His tackle count is pretty standard for an outside line breaker. he plays two great finals in a row and you say he shows no leadership? what exactly are you looking for leadership wise? i agree that sometimes his chasing has been poor. sometimes. He runs more on the field then just about every other player though. so he could never be accused of being lazy. he had a poor year this year, although not nearly as poor as everyone suggests and it was partly injury related. Last year he was only one extra good game from being in the all australian squad. the year before that he nearly won our best and fairest and to be honest probably should have. our flag chances are signiifcanty lower next year without him. Significantly.
I guess the lesson is unless your Tomahawk don't go kicking too many goals.
Chances are you'll be delisted or put up for trade.

This is a reptile:

gecko-finish-rudolf-implementation.jpg

Tigers are mammals. Here are two tigers:
9004488-3x2-700x467.jpg

Closely related to the tiger is the cat. Here is a cat:

And this is a pop-up sprinkler.

sprinler.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back