Free Agency Steven Motlop [signed with Port]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon crazy vossy has influenced the drafting this year at Port hope it works out for you

Whilst at Brissie

So he recruited experience, thinking the likes of Amon Buchanan, Xavier Clarke, Brendan Fevola, Matt Maguire, Andrew Raines and Brent Staker could take them deeper into September. They didn't and it helped set Voss and the club back a couple of years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Watts and Motlop are solid 12-22 players and Rockliff is going to go back to being elite. This is a big difference to the spuds you've listed barring Fev

Love DangerSloane says about ports recruits. The last time Crows recruited anyone was Dean Gore, Troy Menzel, Curtley Hampton and Paul Seedsman.
2 have been delisted and the other 2 are struggling.

Love DangerSloane says about ports recruits. The last time Crows recruited anyone was Dean Gore, Troy Menzel, Curtley Hampton and Paul Seedsman.
2 have been delisted and the other 2 are struggling.

Struggling with injury maybe?
When you're a top team you dont need to go out and spend $1.8m on other clubs rejects.

Theres a reason the clubs didnt want to match for those two players.

Neither am I, but it sure beats not being able to beat one top 8 team in 22 H+A games and 1 final.
Port fans talking about winning the October premiership by recruiting 3 guys that clubs couldnt wait to get rid of.

I'll ask you...would you have been happy paying Motlop $600k plus per season

as long as we keep wingard wines SPP etc happy with their next contract im happy to pay him 2mill a season....
we dont have the revolving door like the crows. i know its a foreign concept of keeping players and keeping them happy

Struggling with injury maybe?
When you're a top team you dont need to go out and spend $1.8m on other clubs rejects.

Theres a reason the clubs didnt want to match for those two players.
In crows own words "dean gore will be better than Dangerfield". "Troy Menzel will be a star, and our next eddy betts". Hahaha ok

In crows own words "dean gore will be better than Dangerfield". "Troy Menzel will be a star, and our next eddy betts". Hahaha ok

Oh dear who said that?

I did remember Port fans laughing when we paid $500k for Eddie Betts. 3 All-Australians later and getting towelled by him every showdown and now theres not so much laughter.

But ironically they think they got a good deal paying $600k+ for Motlop lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear who said that?

I did remember Port fans laughing when we paid $500k for Eddie Betts. 3 All-Australians later and getting towelled by him every showdown and now theres not so much laughter.

But ironically they think they got a good deal paying $600k+ for Motlop lol
Do you work for the AFL? How would you know what he's on? Doesn't matter though as long as he plays alright.

Ah so its a troll, which proves my point even more.
Is it because we smashed you in a PF that you're a bit upset?

lol u kicked the first 2 and never gave a yelp after. was never a chance from 10 mins onwards. but i wish u all the 'success' you can handle if all your aiming for is loosing grand finals. TEx can feel proud of his achievements lol

He was picked 6th each week after Selwood, Danger, Hawkins, Henderson and Taylor

Oh dear....oh me oh my.

I dont know which way is worse, the fact that you think thats true, or if it is how absolute rubbish the rest of Geelongs team is.

Most of your supporters wanted him dropped at a number of stages this year.

Motlop was picked before Lonergan, Mackie, Scott Selwood and most importantly Motlop was picked ahead of Mitch Duncan.... BAHHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
The Suns were never in the equation, and i'd suggest the fact that he has a family connection to a club might be worth giving up hundreds of thousands of dollars over a long contract, yes.

Players forego salary for preferred circumstances all the time. Everybody has a price, but you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Motlop's decision was purely financial and whoever offered $1 more was going to get him.

Taylor Walker is by all accounts a lifelong Crows die hard. If he'd been drafted to say, the Suns, played a few seasons looked to come to Adelaide, do you think $100k a year extra for the Suns would have kept him there, or do you think he'd have taken the lower offer to go to his preferred club? If Port offered $50k more a year than the Crows, do you think he'd have taken that over the Crows offer?

Money isn't everything.
Did I say Motlops position was purely financial and Port had to be more than the Crows?

As for the Tex comparison that's just dumb. Tex has only been a Crows player and whereas Motlops career has been with Geelong. There is no pull at Port that would see him sacrifice $100k-$150k per year.

The most logical conclusion is that Port upped their offer after the reported Adelaide bid of $600k. One media outlet is saying one thing, another is saying the opposite. Tom Browne said Motlop signed with Port on 4 year $600k+ deal, which is basically the same as Rockliff, which means it's always going to be band 2. People reading far too much into it.

That is the logical conclusion you can make without getting into 'AFL being dodgy' type arena

it makes you wonder why some reports are so sure Motlop signed for $500k though...

----

also DangerSloane you are embarrassing as usual

That is the logical conclusion you can make without getting into 'AFL being dodgy' type arena

it makes you wonder why some reports are so sure Motlop signed for $500k though...

----

also DangerSloane you are embarrassing as usual

its just always in the back of my mind tho, as the vic bias is still huge. no matter what anyone says you cant convince me that they dont still see it as the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back