Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Poor finals cost him a bit of cash you'd think. In any case, I'm ok with him sticking around with something to prove to get a big deal next year. At the end of the day he's one of 3 players to average over 19 touches a game whilst kicking 35 for the year in 2016.
Yep, great stats. Which makes me wonder why he is on the nose with 17 other clubs.

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL...at how you expect to trade in two good players, but expect to only part with fringe to discarded players.

Motlop is way overpriced and overpaid.

Both players approached Geelong not the other way around. If no one wants to abide by what they offer then that's fine the cats will move on.

Although I agree Motlop is overpaid. Geelong had to to keep him though. Having said that I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Both players approached Geelong not the other way around. If no one wants to abide by what they offer then that's fine the cats will move on.

Although I agree Motlop is overpaid. Geelong had to to keep him though. Having said that I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be

Good player, just fat and lazy.

Desslok

Debutant
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be very interesting to see what effect this "... frank discussion in which the club and Motlop found common ground on their expectations for next year." has. If he again returns to the club overweight & ill prepared for the preseason, he may yet just become the next Motlop to exit the AFL system before fulfilling his potential. Steve is actually ~10games away from playing the most games of any Motlop.. Steve - 124. Daniel played 135 for north & port.

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Signs are looking good. Instagram photos of him working out etc. I actually think cardio wasn't his biggest problem, my opinion only, but I reckon he lost a fair bit of strength. came back fat, but in the process of getting back to playing weight lost more muscle mass which takes time to get back for a guy like him who is slightly built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back