Free Agency Steven Motlop [signed with Port]

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Garner reckons North are really pushing hard for him. I guess it makes sense considering they've failed to land any of their targets. Motlop would be a top five player at North and could really flourish there away from the spotlight.
Top 5 player? **** that's pretty ridiculous, even if you (clearly) don't rate our list. In no particular order: Brown, Tarrant, Cunnington, Higgins and Ziebell are our top 5, all of which are twice the player Motlop is. You could easily make a case for another 10 blokes being ahead of him as well.

Top 5 player? **** that's pretty ridiculous, even if you (clearly) don't rate our list. In no particular order: Brown, Tarrant, Cunnington, Higgins and Ziebell are our top 5, all of which are twice the player Motlop is. You could easily make a case for another 10 blokes being ahead of him as well.
I agree with four of those, they are genuinely gun players but Ziebell?? I don't get it, in fact not one person I know who love footy rates him anymore than a honest, battling, roll up the sleeves B grader. Just because he's tough doesn't make him a gun, some players have to do tough things to make up for deficiencies which Ziebell has plenty of.

I agree with four of those, they are genuinely gun players but Ziebell?? I don't get it, in fact not one person I know who love footy rates him anymore than a honest, battling, roll up the sleeves B grader. Just because he's tough doesn't make him a gun, some players have to do tough things to make up for deficiencies which Ziebell has plenty of.

Agreed.

Sure he might be a B+ player (as an inside mid at least), but that still makes him significantly better than Motlop. Plus, it's hard to know Zieb's ceiling when he so routinely plays injured. At various stages this year he played through a broken collarbone, fractured ribs and a severely broken toe which required reconstructive surgery. I'd be surprised if Motlop could play through a broken fingernail, or be capable of kicking 6 in a half after breaking his ribs and moving to full forward.

Sure he might be a B+ player (as an inside mid at least), but that still makes him significantly better than Motlop. Plus, it's hard to know Zieb's ceiling when he so routinely plays injured. At various stages this year he played through a broken collarbone, fractured ribs and a severely broken toe which required reconstructive surgery. I'd be surprised if Motlop could play through a broken fingernail, or be capable of kicking 6 in a half after breaking his ribs and moving to full forward.
Nonononono he's really not a B+ player. You can name 2-3 better inside mids than him from like every club. Ziebell is serviceable at best.

Ziebell is a good player who would have been elite in the 70s and 80s where he would be plauded for winning a contest and booting the ball as far forward as he could, regardless of who it went to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell is a good player who would have been elite in the 70s and 80s where he would be plauded for winning a contest and booting the ball as far forward as he could, regardless of who it went to.
He played as a undersized chf as a teenager against men. He's a medium forward in a different reality.

Ziebell is definitely top 5 most valuable at North. The ability to play in a number of roles and give 110% every week.

Shocker that oppo teams dont rate a North player though. They never have and never will but thats okay.

Ziebell is definitely top 5 most valuable at North. The ability to play in a number of roles and give 110% every week.

Shocker that oppo teams dont rate a North player though. They never have and never will but thats okay.

In the likely event of a Crows versus Richmond grand final, North will have the longest Grand Final appearance drought of any team in the competition. And they're currently bottom 4. Maybe 'oppo teams' are on to something.

In the likely event of a Crows versus Richmond grand final, North will have the longest Grand Final appearance drought of any team in the competition. And they're currently bottom 4. Maybe 'oppo teams' are on to something.
First of all wrong. Carlton.

Okay? Amazing stat but who cares? When did it become a teams ultimate goal to make a grand final?

I'm sure Pav and Rooey are stoked with making grand finals. I'm sure they are totally satisfied with that...... :O

Okay? Amazing stat but who cares? When did it become a teams ultimate goal to make a grand final?

I'm sure Pav and Rooey are stoked with making grand finals. I'm sure they are totally satisfied with that...... :O

Well North played Carlton in their last Grand Final didn't they.

What? Did you really just ask when is it a teams ultimate goal to make a grand final? How stupid are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back