Steven Silvagni: Football's Biggest Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangely enough, I'm working on a head to head comparison with G Wright.

Wrighty's not looking good :flushed:
The same Graham Wright Carltank made a Godfather offer to, which Wrighty threw back in your faces when he saw how you treated Brendan Bolton?

.....I wouldn't want an arsewipe like Mark Logjuice as my boss either! :eek:

he's a ok list manager and our list is in ok shape going forward.

could be better, could be far worse. plenty of work do, as expected.

SOS being the overly successful rooster he is brings out all the insecurities of loser footy fans who have never achieved much. really grinds their gears. he was the best full back of all time, has a hot as fu** misso and is a rooster himself. decent reputation in the business world too, and not bad at the list management stuff. his perceived arrogance can upset some snowflakes, I know.

y'all jelly.
Hey my clueless imbecile prediction took less than 5 minutes to be proven correct - new record! :D:thumbsu:

williamson best 22 - pick 61
gibbons best 22 - rookie draft
de koning very promising - pick 30
martin - pre season draft
fisher - pick 25

owies, cottrell, honey, philp got games this year, none were obvious early picks.
Gibbons spud
Fisher spud
Martin established afl player on a massive contract who chose Carlton so that doesn't count.
De Koning look like they could become competent afl footballers great job

The same Graham Wright Carltank made a Godfather offer to, which Wrighty threw back in your faces when he saw how you treated Brendan Bolton?

Allegedly.

Only source: Graham Wright.

The same fellow whose Wiki entry would read so much better if it started with Once upon a time. As you discovered the hard way.

I wonder who it might be who put all of that bullshit that pumped up Wright's tyres in there? Quite dreadful behaviour.

Oh. And the alleged offer was two years before Bolton went to Carlton. Keep it up, you're on fire.

They just don’t seem to land anyone off the rookie or late picks.

The Herald sun had Walsh and Weitering picked at 1, it didn’t take some genius.

The genius is Richmond finding multiple players from their rookie list to develop into good players
TBH I think that's more a development than a recruitment thing. The key to us was getting a stand alone VFL squad with a great coach which mirrored the game style of the firsts. So it becomes a chicken and egg thing. You can say the same thing about high draft picks. Melbourne recruited the elder Grimes as a first round pick; we recruited the younger in the pre-season draft. The elder seemed so promising early that Melbourne made him co-captain, but a a few years on he was delisted. The younger, I remember as a young defender being clearly instructed to punch rather than mark at every opportunity because he wasn't trusted to mark it (he was sarcastically called "golden fist" by supporters). How much is their subsequent trajectory down to then initial recruitment decisions and how much to different development? In their case, clearly the latter.

TBH I think that's more a development than a recruitment thing. The key to us was getting a stand alone VFL squad with a great coach which mirrored the game style of the firsts. So it becomes a chicken and egg thing. You can say the same thing about high draft picks. Melbourne recruited the elder Grimes as a first round pick; we recruited the younger in the pre-season draft. The elder seemed so promising early that Melbourne made him co-captain, but a a few years on he was delisted. The younger, I remember as a young defender being clearly instructed to punch rather than mark at every opportunity because he wasn't trusted to mark it (he was sarcastically called "golden fist" by supporters). How much is their subsequent trajectory down to then initial recruitment decisions and how much to different development? In their case, clearly the latter.

TLDR.

Lets go for the more obvious version. Bog ordinary players given simple roles in a side with serious top end talent carrying most of the load often look a heap better than they really are. Conversely, more talented players in struggling teams can look bad.

Simples. Although, admittedly, Grimes IS a world class flopper.

TLDR.

Lets go for the more obvious version. Bog ordinary players given simple roles in a side with serious top end talent carrying most of the load often look a heap better than they really are. Conversely, more talented players in struggling teams can look bad.

Simples. Although, admittedly, Grimes IS a world class flopper.
Imagine what we would have done to Port if even 1/2 of our elite players were playing. Instead, in the last quarter, with a lot of help from the umpires, they managed to over run a bunch of "bog ordinary players".

In your defence though, most 'neutrals' on this site who've never played the game, change their views on the reasons for Richmond's success several times a season. One rarely hears them offer something like "maybe they're a more skilled, more committed, better drilled team". A comment like that would actually take some knowledge of our game.
So as you were friend.

It is indeed a huge advantage to have your own VFL team - serving the needs and agenda of your Club. In my mind and despite this being the Bay - no doubt hat so ever that Clubs with tehir own VFL teams enjoy are competitive dvantage if only in terms of the development of players and alignment of game styles between 'reserves' and AFL sides - as you have stated.

No doubt in my mind the Tuggers have deserved their recent success.

Imagine what we would have done to Port if even 1/2 of our elite players were playing. Instead, in the last quarter, with a lot of help from the umpires, they managed to over run a bunch of "bog ordinary players".

In your defence though, most 'neutrals' on this site who've never played the game, change their views on the reasons for Richmond's success several times a season. One rarely hears them offer something like "maybe they're a more skilled, more committed, better drilled team". A comment like that would actually take some knowledge of our game.
So as you were friend.

A return to form? Maybe your melts aren't taking a Grimes after all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A return to form? Maybe your melts aren't taking a Grimes after all
It’s actually been really ironic you labelling me masher.
Just spent the last 4 days in Canberra hospital ICU beside my brother’s bed and every time the nurses mashed the red button by his bed I had to step out and distracted myself by s**t posting on the Bay while they resuscitated him. Probably explains my poor form.
He’s finally out of the woods and the mashing appears to be over. And what do you know, all of a sudden I’m not flopping like a Grimes.

Thanks for your unwitting support over the past few days floggr 👍

It’s actually been really ironic you labelling me masher.
Just spent the last 4 days in Canberra hospital ICU beside my brother’s bed and every time the nurses mashed the red button by his bed I had to step out and distracted myself by sh*t posting on the Bay while they resuscitated him. Probably explains my poor form.
He’s finally out of the woods and the mashing appears to be over. And what do you know, all of a sudden I’m not flopping like a Grimes.

Thanks for your unwitting support over the past few days floggr 👍

That was so touching it nearly made my arse bleed.

We at Carlton welcome all viewpoints.
Does that infer you're happy trusting the viewpoint of this gap-toothed, crooked-grinning huckster over that of a favorite son of the club?

Cain-Liddle-cropped-175x155.jpg

Mofra you know enough about the situation to (presumably) include one of the Silvagni offspring in the 2020 Bottom 50 so I'd like your take on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back