Steven Silvagni: Football's Biggest Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

That way you have plenty of money to grab a 34 year old when the possibility arises. Nothing like shooting for the stars then hitting the power lines on the way up:thumbsu:

A 34 year old who will be getting paid by the crows to kick goals for the blues👍

By the way, I mentioned on your board in 2017 that Betts was heading back to Carlton post career for a coaching role, I guess we just get a year out of him as a player aswell since you guys are footing the bill.

Given that he kicked double the goals of the crows second highest 2019 goal scorer that is still on your list, I wouldn’t be too excited that you’ll be paying him to play for the blues.

A 34 year old who will be getting paid by the crows to kick goals for the blues👍

By the way, I mentioned on your board in 2017 that Betts was heading back to Carlton post career for a coaching role, I guess we just get a year out of him as a player aswell since you guys are footing the bill.

Given that he kicked double the goals of the crows second highest 2019 goal scorer that is still on your list, I wouldn’t be too excited that you’ll be paying him to play for the blues.

Strange that we would pay a player to play for another team, especially in the prime of his retirement

My biggest problems with Carlton's recruiting and drafting is that the club has spent way too much draft capital on KPDs. Marchbank, Weitering, Plowman are all players gained through a fair amount of draft capital. But to me, KPDs are worth less than KPFs or midfielders.

Carlton's drafting late is also bad. I get that it matters more to nail the earlier picks, but it's not that hard, given the amount of analysis of the top kids to see which players are going to be good. Drafting is difficult, but it's the later rounds that really test a recruiter's skills.

Ridiculous post.

I’m not using one game to judge him, I’m merely pointing out that you should have had a pretty clear view of how good Weitering is given that he looked totally commanding against arguably the best forward in the comp.

Keep in mind, he’s 21.

Second facetious point, we don’t judge Plowman and Graham on how they play on each other. It’s a mismatch. Graham got the better of him given it’s a poor matchup and the tigers were on top.

But thanks for your input 👍
You say don’t rate him on one game, then proceed to link the article about that said game. Strange.

At least you have moved past AFL rating points in judging players I spose.

Weitering is on the up, he’s an above average contributor for your side, not a match winner. Not sure why we are arguing this.

My biggest problems with Carlton's recruiting and drafting is that the club has spent way too much draft capital on KPDs. Marchbank, Weitering, Plowman are all players gained through a fair amount of draft capital. But to me, KPDs are worth less than KPFs or midfielders.

Carlton's drafting late is also bad. I get that it matters more to nail the earlier picks, but it's not that hard, given the amount of analysis of the top kids to see which players are going to be good. Drafting is difficult, but it's the later rounds that really test a recruiter's skills.
We have 7 midfielders on our list who were taken in the first round from the last 4 drafts including 5 top 10 picks. He hasn’t neglected that for the sake of KPD. We already have our KPF’s

Why did SOS pick Deluca before Marlion Pickett in the mid-season draft? Deluca is now delisted and Marlion is a Brownlow contender. Why do Carlton not make SOS accountable and at what point do you look for a better list manager?

Why did SOS pick Deluca before Marlion Pickett in the mid-season draft? Deluca is now delisted and Marlion is a Brownlow contender. Why do Carlton not make SOS accountable and at what point do you look for a better list manager?
Because we didn’t want DeLuca linking up to play with Tim Kelly at West Coast when we are pushing to play finals.

That‘s why Carlton do not make him.

You say don’t rate him on one game, then proceed to link the article about that said game. Strange.

At least you have moved past AFL rating points in judging players I spose.

Weitering is on the up, he’s an above average contributor for your side, not a match winner. Not sure why we are arguing this.

There are some pretty simple points being made.. Weitering isn’t an above average contributor, he starred in many games this year, one of which was against your side, on arguably the best key forward in the comp.

You point to Lynch kicking 2.3 to justify why Weitering didn’t play that well, I respond with a video of Weitering dominating the 1 on 1 battles.

Not sure how this equals ‘Weitering being rated off one game’ but I’m sure you will continue to push this notion.

If you think 21 year old, above average contributors can monster players like Tom Lynch (and the many other forwards he dominated this year) suit yourself.

Brownlow contender....bahaha haha!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow contender....bahaha haha!!!!!
What's so funny bluebags? Nearly won the Norm Smith, is 27yo, is as good as Tim Kelly, plays midfield, catches the eye and has elite disposal. Give me 100 to 1 and I'll have $10 on it!

What's so funny bluebags? Nearly won the Norm Smith, is 27yo, is as good as Tim Kelly, plays midfield, catches the eye and has elite disposal. Give me 100 to 1 and I'll have $10 on it!
You are what’s funny!
I have never ever seen a player called a Brownlow contender after one game - ever!
I’m not dumb enough to make a call like that either...you on the other hand, I’m not surprised.

You are what’s funny!
I have never ever seen a player called a Brownlow contender after one game - ever!
I’m not dumb enough to make a call like that either...you on the other hand, I’m not surprised.
Jack Riewoldt and Dylan Grimes have already said he can win the brownlow and anyone who dominates a GF has a chance.

Ha ha, that's a good way to start Sunday, a joke for everyone.

Ha ha, that's a good way to start Sunday, a joke for everyone.
SOS picked Deluca so Carlton would finish higher on the ladder to deny Adelaide a higher pick. Pickett had an injury so SOS didn't want him because of his short-sighted views.Deluca has now been delisted andv Pickett will be a regular player for at least 5 more years.At least admit that SOS got this one badly wrong- again.

SOS picked Deluca so Carlton would finish higher on the ladder to deny Adelaide a higher pick. Pickett had an injury so SOS didn't want him because of his short-sighted views.Deluca has now been delisted andv Pickett will be a regular player for at least 5 more years.At least admit that SOS got this one badly wrong- again.

No other club would have picked Injailon Pickett and we all know it, so stop Changing the goalposts to suit your trolling agenda 👎👎👎

Seriously how does this bloke have the reputation he does?

How does he seemingly have free reign to as he pleases at Carlton and end up with promotions.

What has he actually achieved?

All this talk about Bolton and maybe he was part of the problem but this bloke has been in charge of their list 5 years.

Won zero finals, his drafting leaves a fair bit to be desired in my opinion and year after year they have the same giant flaws.

This man has a lot of people conned including the media. Don’t think I’ve seen them ever criticise his record.

Always banging on about him winning trade periods. How can you win them when they don’t lead to any sort of genuine success?
He managed to get Jo in the sack. :eggplant:

No other club would have picked Jailion Pickett and we all know it, so stop Changing the goalposts to suit your trolling agenda 👎👎👎
It's hilarious to see what Carlton supporters think trolling is. Same thing with Brendan Bolton, everyone said he can't coach, but every Carlton supporter called it 'trolling' even though the Carlton suppoters were totally wrong.

Firstly, you don't know why SOS picked Deluca and Pickett was overlooked by everyone for a reason. I hope Pickett goes on and has a good career for as long as he can but i wouldn't be calling a Brownlow after one game when there was no pressure after half time.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to see what Carlton supporters think trolling is. Same thing with Brendan Bolton, everyone said he can't coach, but every Carlton supporter called it 'trolling' even though the Carlton suppoters were totally wrong.

You haven't been to the Carlton board if you thought all Blues fans were fans of Bolton..

As I said, you have no interest in having an intelligent and mature conversation about anything Carlton, instead you constantly resort to childish windup posts about anything related to The Blues.

I cannot take you seriously.

Carlton supporters are hardly unanimously in love with SOS, his poor track record with most mature ages has been noted.

Gibbons was a fortunate accident really, Deluca being delisted is a bit odd but he may be coming back in the rookie draft, just depends on what else we can get.

The young talent we have got in with picks in the top 30 has been very good, and we have a good core we can now add to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back