Steven Silvagni: Football's Biggest Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis would have instantly been a top 3 player at Carlton, while Papley would have been a top 2 player. This is a side crying out for elite players and they just fluffed their lines and missed out on both.

I'd be furious if I were a Blues fan.
Who are you ? What are you saying.

Yeah but you’re just a troll. I’ll take the opinion of those in the game thanks. Brown King all think Curnow will be the best forward in the game not just elite. As for the other 3. You don’t watch enough football.
Brown and King also tipped against Richmond in every final. They're dopes.

Curnow and McKay are great talents. Weitering and Marchbank are back pocket players.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=9818#hd

EssendonAttributeCarlton
186.1cmHeight187.9cm
86.7kgWeight86.5kg
25yr 3mthAge23yr 4mth
78.8Games58.3
Hmm good try.
Mcgrath 32 disposals > Setterfiled 18 disposals
Parish 31 disposals and 2 goals > SPS 16 disposals
Dylan Clarke easily beat Cripps
Guelfi 22 disposals > Stoker 12 (lol)
Redman 18 disposals > Plowman 11 disposals
Nearly a third of Dow's possessions were turnovers.

Your youth doesn't look promising at all. Couldn't even stand up to Essendon who are pretty bad and play even worse in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you’re just a troll. I’ll take the opinion of those in the game thanks. Brown King all think Curnow will be the best forward in the game not just elite. As for the other 3. You don’t watch enough football.
King is the worst "expert" in football. As for Brown, sure, he, like every AFL media celebrity has an opinion on what will happen in the future. I don't really value these takes though, as they're all just predictions, not reality.

I'd be interested to know from Blues fans, is Dow's less than expected output to date a recruiting mistake or an issue with his development? He looked very polished as a junior but has looked way out his depth at AFL level to date.

Nice faux question.

He was never a ‘polished’ junior - more a strong contested player who dominated against players the same age and size as him. He also has great breakaway pace and good goal sense.

At AFL level he’s too slight to compete against bigger bodied opponents, but still has decent read. He just can’t get the same traction he had as a junior at the stoppages, and probably won’t until he has bulked up.

He will be fine. He’s a competitive kid who has had a difficult start at AFL level partly due to being expected to do more than most of his age. Still needs to drastically improve his fitness and his role needs to be far more defined, but he’s got all the qualities to become a very good player.

Cheap thrills going after a 2nd year, 19 year old player though.

Nice faux question.

He was never a ‘polished’ junior - more a strong contested player who dominated against players the same age and size as him. He also has great breakaway pace and good goal sense.

At AFL level he’s too slight to compete against bigger bodied opponents, but still has decent read. He just can’t get the same traction he had as a junior at the stoppages, and probably won’t until he has bulked up.

He will be fine. He’s a competitive kid who has had a difficult start at AFL level partly due to being expected to do more than most of his age. Still needs to drastically improve his fitness and his role needs to be far more defined, but he’s got all the qualities to become a very good player.

I haven't watch a heap of Carlton games last 2 years - hoping you can educate me.
I've seen his kicking and decision making has been a bit suspect
Looks quite quick as a positive attribute.
What are his other positive attributes and what do you expect and hope he'll become?

I haven't watch a heap of Carlton games last 2 years - hoping you can educate me.
I've seen his kicking and decision making has been a bit suspect
Looks quite quick as a positive attribute.
What are his other positive attributes and what do you expect and hope he'll become?

His biggest issue is he’s at Carlton. No other side in the comp is pumping that many games into a guy who is that far off being a consistent AFL contributor.

Bolton just throwing these kids in the deep end strategy is a big factor in why he got sacked. The problem for him was he didn’t have much of an alternative.

Parish looks like a scared little bitch to me..
Except the time he gathered 32 disposals and 2 goals against your pathetic excuse for a club.

Would probably be your second best player. He doesn't even earn a spot in Essendon's midfield.

Is that better or worse than taking Francis and Parish over McKay, Milera and Curnow?

Or McGrath over Taranto and McCluggage?

Maybe hold off on bashing 2nd year players.
Most neutrals will agree that Carlton and Essendon are both gloriously useless at recruiting.

Mckay got 26 goals from 20 games this year. What an effort! Robbed of All Australian and the brownlow

Nice faux question.

He was polished for his level. I would have likened him to Dayne Zorko. He was incredibly balanced and had a good skillset, which made him a very good prospect. Has he not been as dedicated as Blues fans would hope to put on the required size to play the role you'd like? Or is he exactly where you expected him to be?

I am not trying to elicit negativity or drama, I'm just genuinely intrigued as I really wanted the Giants to try and trade into the top five to target he or Brayshaw.

Thank you for your detailed response. I hope he can be as good as Blues fans hope.

Dow is one of the worst top-3 picks in history. Cannot kick.

O'Brien is terrified. Another top-10 pick in the toilet.

And lol at Carlspoon fans turning up their noses at a dual premiership player

Agree that Dow has some work to do on his kicking, but I think he will get there. LOB will be solid for us.

Ellis can GAGF though. As soon as Coniglio signed with GWS, he contacted the club and asked for more money. SOS rightly told him to f-off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back