Stevens and Dons a no go...

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloydy!

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2003
Listening to the fox footy reports and news coverage.... dons dont even have a meeting with him while hes in Melbourne, sheedys bolstering his price, i didnt think it was true but it is... hes not interested at all...and if he was wouldnt they ATLEAST have 1 meeting ?

The Bombers are still very much in the mix. Considering that Solomon is gone, chances are that we're going to get a much better draft pick which we'll be able to use in negotiations with Port. Pick 13 + Pick 6 (From Richmond) For Stevens? Or Pick 13 + Jacobs + Bolton? Pick 4 + Jacobs? Plenty more potential there. The Demons definitely do have the edge if all Port want are draft picks, but Essendon has the edge in offering readymade, effective players.

Originally posted by Cupestar
The Bombers are still very much in the mix. Considering that Solomon is gone, chances are that we're going to get a much better draft pick which we'll be able to use in negotiations with Port. Pick 13 + Pick 6 (From Richmond) For Stevens? Or Pick 13 + Jacobs + Bolton? Pick 4 + Jacobs? Plenty more potential there. The Demons definitely do have the edge if all Port want are draft picks, but Essendon has the edge in offering readymade, effective players.

We'd be crazy to give up two high draft picks for him.

If we can somehow use Solomon (among other things) to get pick #5 off Melbourne, or pick #6 off Richmond, or pick #7 off Geelong (etc.) then we might be able to lure Stevens with just one of those picks (among other things).

But I'm not confident, I don't think we're seriously interested. I think Sheedy will keep his eyes open, and if things don't go the way Collingwood or Melbourne or whoever planned, we might have an excellent opportunity to do a good deal with Port.

Originally posted by Stevo
We'd be crazy to give up two high draft picks for him.

If we can somehow use Solomon (among other things) to get pick #5 off Melbourne, or pick #6 off Richmond, or pick #7 off Geelong (etc.) then we might be able to lure Stevens with just one of those picks (among other things).

But I'm not confident, I don't think we're seriously interested. I think Sheedy will keep his eyes open, and if things don't go the way Collingwood or Melbourne or whoever planned, we might have an excellent opportunity to do a good deal with Port.

Stevo,
you better follow the yellow brick road, cause only that damned wizard can parlay Solomon into Stevens straight up.

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
Stevo,
you better follow the yellow brick road, cause only that damned wizard can parlay Solomon into Stevens straight up.

Ande crow-mosome would know, because he looks exactly like one of those Munchkins ...

Stevo,

;)

That's not what I'm saying. We'll be looking to conjure up a first round pick for Solomon. If the other clubs that are apparently interested in Stevens don't give Port a satisfactory offer, then an opportunity may present itself. I don't think it's likely, but it's possible.

As for a wizard, if you head down Napier Street you might bump into a magician who sometimes coaches Essendon. :D

Now we just need to get Kristof some heart...

I thought you would go with the Winged Monkeys, but the Cowardly Lion will do ...

"I would while away the hours ..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back