Stevie J i hope he is ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

As per the article it sounds like it was a potentially serious situation, but Stevie would be proud of the mayo put on the header when this is the opening paragraph:

”Champion Geelong forward Steve Johnson has escaped a life-threatening wound to his stomach after a freak accident involving a sharp knife.”

So, was it life-threatening or not?

Champion Geelong forward Steve Johnson has escaped a life-threatening wound to his stomach after a freak accident involving a sharp knife.
The former superstar goal kicker was rushed to Wangaratta hospital on Monday night after suffering a deep wound to his stomach when a knife in a bag he was carrying punctured his abdomen.
Johnson was opening a gate at his property when a knife made contact with the gate and protruded through the bag and into his stomach.
The man, who kicked 516 goals across 293 games for Geelong and GWS and is regarded as one of the greatest players of the modern era, is lucky to be alive.
A neighbour who was a nurse tended to Johnson at his home and helped apply pressure to the deep wound which was bleeding profusely.
Thankfully, the surgical team at the hospital was able to prepare quickly after receiving a life-saving call from the nurse to get ready for a patient with a deep stomach wound.
Johnson, who suffered damage to his bowel, remained in hospital on Tuesday night. He is expected to make a full recovery.
It was a scary incident for the 2007 Norm Smith Medallist and popular Triple M commentator who also underwent surgery on his knee this year to straighten his leg following a string of serious leg injuries over his glittering career.
The gun matchwinner, who won three premierships throughout a glorious reign at Geelong, also led Yarrawonga to the Ovens and Murray senior premiership last year as senior coach .
Johnson had taken training on Tuesday night before he helped take his family water skiing for a family birthday.
The knife in the bag was covered by a plastic case but was sharp enough to pierce the cover and the bag and slice open his stomach upon contact with the gate.

As per the article it sounds like it was a potentially serious situation, but Stevie would be proud of the mayo put on the header when this is the opening paragraph:

”Champion Geelong forward Steve Johnson has escaped a life-threatening wound to his stomach after a freak accident involving a sharp knife.”

So, was it life-threatening or not?
It's a strange choice of wording. It sounds like he escaped the threat on his life that the wound posed, but not the wound itself.

I hope our beloved Stevie J. rests up and makes a full recovery. It's such a bizarre and innocuous thing to have happened.

It's a strange choice of wording. It sounds like he escaped the threat on his life that the wound posed, but not the wound itself.

I hope our beloved Stevie J. rests up and makes a full recovery. It's such a bizarre and innocuous thing to have happened.

The headline is very click baity - guessing "life threatening incident" gets more attention than "serious incident"

It sounds absolutely nasty, and he's lucky to have a nurse as a neighbour - good kick to him in his recovery

That's Brad Ottens levels of ridiculous. Hope he's alright now.

What did Ottens do?
What didn't he do is more pertinent.
The Cats’ triple premiership ruckman could have made two separate entries on this list.

In December 2002 the promising Richmond recruit fell off a chair while putting up a hammock in his backyard and impaled himself on a garden stake.

“I felt so stupid. I was putting up a hammock chair and I was just hanging up a bit of rope on a tree,” he said later.

“I couldn’t reach it, so I got up on this chair to reach it and then I went to jump off and fell over.”

He was unlucky to fall on the stake at an angle that pierced his groin — narrowly avoiding a far more long-term injury.

“It was a blunt end and I landed on it in a way that it just went straight in,’’ he said. “I asked the ambos if they (man parts) were still there ... because it wasn’t bleeding that much they said it was probably all right.’’

Then in December 2009 Ottens suffered tendon damage to his hand and needed stitches in his arm and a leg after he made contact with the propeller of a motorboat while waterskiing at Echuca.

“All three of us in the boat ended up in the river but the boat kept going (in circles) and drove over me,’’ Ottens said.

“It was coming straight at me, so it could have been a lot worse.’’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevie J in the Old Hood with a sharp knife in the backpack... Is there a spin-off story? Is settling some old scores, or did he just go Spanian style or something lol

Good to hear he is recovering well. I'm just joking btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back