News Stevie Motlop signs with North Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

They got compo that was interlinked with Tim Kelly and GAJ, who aren't in their side this year. I can't see the link that says Geelong won the trade.

I was quoting PAFC66 who said this:

ultimately that was a massive trade blunder and Geelong who'll likely win the flag this year will be very pleased with that one.

Not unexpected.

Gave us some great moments. The 2020 QF was something else.

Will always think it's a shame that we didn't play him in a role or system that allowed him to consistently produce his best football, but I reckon turning up week after week to play an often unrewarding role (and copping plenty of s*** for it externally!) says a bit about him.

Difficult to truly evaluate his tenure at Port given he was hamstrung by a Hinkley schemed forward line.

That being said, he had some special moments in big games which is precisely what the club has in mind when bringing him in as a free agent. That 3rd goal in the 2020 QF where he snapped it round the corner followed by his trademark finger twirl is one of my favourite moments of Port Adelaide footy at Adelaide Oval.

celebration goal GIF by Port Adelaide FC

So he ends up on 82 games for Ports... brother Daniel got to 83. Bit stiff he couldn't get a farewell game to even it out!!

As others have said, loved his special moments and big games in several finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Steven pulled the pin effective immediately or will he play out the rest of the year with the Port Magpies? Probably doesn't make a lot of difference as the Magpies are not going to figure in the finals but it would be nice if his fans could say good bye at the Port v Cows SANFL game at AO.

Has Steven pulled the pin effective immediately or will he play out the rest of the year with the Port Magpies? Probably doesn't make a lot of difference as the Magpies are not going to figure in the finals but it would be nice if his fans could say good bye at the Port v Cows SANFL game at AO.
Yeah, effective immediately.

Some say Rory Atkins is still after the candy Mots sold him with that Showdown goal.

Congrats on a great career Mots. Whilst he probably never quite lived up to what we hoped we'd get from him, he was still a solid contributor for us and unfairly maligned way too often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back