Scandal Stevo moves to Vic Liberal party

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBont

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Disappointing that he joined the libs but the way he was complaining about the lockdowns don’t know how I didn’t see it.
Anyway good luck to him.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit of a strange move and likely a big pay cut

Also brings up the disturbing possibility of Tom Browne being promoted

I seriously doubt the bolded.

I think that people in the media (journalists and sports journos, in particular) by and large are on a fraction of what people on here think they are. A big "face on camera and guest spot on a radio show" cut, perhaps.

If it paid well we wouldn't get the useless liniment sniffers coming into the industry that we've grown accustomed to.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
wouldn't be getting $150-200k for a Media Manager job in a state division political party, plus he is reporting to a Director of Communications so is not even the big fish in the media department

not a high paying salary but a pretty common pathway into pre-selection without going the grassroots local council route

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Magic Mike, or mic drop gone wrong? Campaigner extraordinaire; fairy floss.

1625540181313.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good fit. As a former AFL journo he's probably used to making up stories
Senior Melbourne reporter for Sky is probably the easiest job in the world right now, seven shades of we'll all be ruined and it's totally Dan Andrews' fault.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Isn't Sky News just a branch of the Liberal Party anyway? Or vice versa?

Pretty much, as per the ABC is for the ALP & The Greens.

The media advisor role for political parties I believe are appointed by the leader at the time, change the leader change the media advisor.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probably one of those brainlets that think Dan Andrews was bashed, rather than fell down the steps. Ridiculous the way some people will literally believe anything so long as it paints their political opponent in a bad light.
Haha.

Is that the 'alternate ending' to the Dan Andrews fall thing? That someone beat him up?

Haha. I never knew that.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Played cricket against this guy for a few years. He was, without a doubt, the biggest knobhead I'd ever played against in all my years across all sports.

He was captain of Richmond. He was the kind of player that would hurl the absolute worst personal abuse from the slips all game, but would bat at 8 and only ever bring himself on to bowl when the game was won. He dropped some puds too. Garbage player.

But not only did he sore vile personal abuse, he even had the audacity to critique players techniques - which was extremely ironic because the only shot he knew how to play was to back away from the ball and try to cut it. The cowards cut.

Onetime we played them and he said to my mate as he came out to bat - "you only make runs against the r**ards," referring to the all-deaf team (who were all great blokes to a man) that he'd scored a ton against the week prior.

Games used to get so heated between us that the league President used to come to our games. He even umpired in one. Every team in the league hated that knobhead.

On the plus side one season his team finished fourth, bumping us down to fifth so we'd miss out on finals. But they got done for cheating so they were disqualified and we took their place. We ended up winning the flag, so suffice to say we let him know all about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back