Stewart to Crows (Warning: A Rucci Story)

Remove this Banner Ad

mymansyd

Club Legend
Jun 22, 2004
The 'Burbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
In this morning's Advertiser....

Adelaide this week wants to announce it has lured Port's inaugural recruiting manager Alan Stewart to serve as a "mentor" at the Crows. His portfolio would include recruiting and coaching.

Hawthorn – which already has taken Alastair Clarkson from Williams' coaching panel – wants Port's fitness coach, Andrew Russell.

Port last night was hopeful of keeping Russell and Stewart. While the pay cut will drive Williams' annual salary under $500,000, the trade-off of his new deal – signed mid-season – is extra job security. A clause in the new two-year contract stipulates he must coach the Power for the next three seasons if he delivers a premiership, which he did last Saturday.

Mad Dog said:
I'd get the former Doggy coach on board....certainly has put the runs on the board
I fear though that this is just another example of Rucci talking up his mates salaries again
I don't think this story was to increase Stewart's salary, particularly if he is going to stay at Port. If Choco is taking a 17.5% pay cut I can't see Rucci trying to inflate Stewart's salary.

What happens with James Fantasia if Stewart comes across? Rucci mentions Stewart's role as a "mentor" - would that mean Fantasia reports to him?

Fergus said:
I don't think this story was to increase Stewart's salary, particularly if he is going to stay at Port. If Choco is taking a 17.5% pay cut I can't see Rucci trying to inflate Stewart's salary.

What happens with James Fantasia if Stewart comes across? Rucci mentions Stewart's role as a "mentor" - would that mean Fantasia reports to him?
Apparantly AFC are looking to restructure the footy department & some current staff are going to be given lesser roles. I have the feeling that if Stewart comes to AFC, it will be JR not JF who will have a lesser role.

As for the assistant coaches, what is a complete list of names we have spoken to (apart from Jonas who has knocked us back)? Frawley, Rhode, Paul Hamilton, ...

Kane McGoodwin said:
Apparantly AFC are looking to restructure the footy department & some current staff are going to be given lesser roles. I have the feeling that if Stewart comes to AFC, it will be JR not JF who will have a lesser role.

Havent we been talking about improving our recruiting? I am sure Stiffy and Kane have both said youth is the way to go and wasnt A Stewart a great junior coach? Teal Cup coach at one time if I am not mistaken.

Allan Stewart can only strengthen our recruiting department and I look forward to it happening...if it does :confused:

Alan Stewart is already a mentor to James Fantasia and Fanto is leaning a fair bir from Stewart as it is. Now I know for a fact that earlier in the year Stewart took a lesser role with the Power because he wanted to have more time with his family. He was their recruiting manager and that requires you to spend more time on the road than you do at home. He is still involved with recruiting but not to the extent that he was. He is more part time now.

I think Stewart would be a big get and he will probably be sort of an assistant to JR and help out Fantasia. If Stewart is to replace Reid I would be stoked but I think even in a mentor capacity he would be a good get. Bloke knows his youngsters thats for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back