Rumour Stewie Dew Not Popular

Remove this Banner Ad

gold coast started the rot when they stabbed McKenna in the back.
players getting to far in front of themselves.
and now feeling empowered if this is true.
don't worry about his weight...he is lining up a massive pay day with jenny craig.

Gold Coast and are the rot mate

gold coast started the rot when they stabbed McKenna in the back.
players getting to far in front of themselves.
and now feeling empowered if this is true.
don't worry about his weight...he is lining up a massive pay day with jenny craig.
McKenna wasn't fired for the on field performance of the playing group and he was hardly 'stabbed in the back'. He was fired because he essentially just turned the other cheek as the players were being poorly influenced towards the off field problems that plagued the club up until basically last year - Harley Bennell a good example. Made recovery sessions etc. optional and just had 0 control over the entire playing group.

He was also fired from Essendon, which shows that it wasn't just the Suns that weren't happy with the way he went about things.

In defense of Dew, thought he had them looking alright early, must be tough on any coach going to GC when your Captain and Vice Captain are rumoured to want out. Some big calls need to be made and heaping it on Dew may be a little unfair.

If he has come down hard on the playing group, then they need to suck it up because they generally suck at football right now.

In defense of Dew, thought he had them looking alright early, must be tough on any coach going to GC when your Captain and Vice Captain are rumoured to want out. Some big calls need to be made and heaping it on Dew may be a little unfair.

If he has come down hard on the playing group, then they need to suck it up because they generally suck at football right now.
You’re partly right. There are no rumours May wants out, only that your mob are after him.
Also yes our football is pretty poor ATM but as usual with the “bash the Suns” narrative, it’s conveniently forgotten we’re currently missing about 10 of our best 22, many of these our more experienced players.

You’re partly right. There are no rumours May wants out, only that your mob are after him.
Also yes our football is pretty poor ATM but as usual with the “bash the Suns” narrative, it’s conveniently forgotten we’re currently missing about 10 of our best 22, many of these our more experienced players.

It wasn't meant to be a Suns bash, more a defense of Dew, I don't know if he's lost the players or not but I also wouldn't begrudge him coming down hard on your mob. They need to show something and trust me as a long time Magpies supporter I have been there.

It can't be easy for any of the young kids who keep hearing that Lynch is gone and then there is the increasing noise on May, it just can't be.

The injuries play a part but talent and desire are two different things.

I might be the only Collingwood supporter that has this opinion but I think Lynch should stay at the Suns and commit to the playing Group.

Last edited:
I’m just going say this

I don’t trust fat doctors ...telling clients to be healthy

Sorry I would not hire a fat lard ass coach ..

Yup shout me down all you like....it shows a lack of self care and discipline yet he expects his players to be fit n healthy ....sorry not buying

Humans have evolved over millennia. If you put aside the last sixty or so years, being fat is a sign of wealth and prosperity - it means that person has access to a good food source, it means that person is smart/powerful because they’re able to get others to their work for them, it means that person has a better chance of survival during times of famine. Sure, they might not be as suited to times of war, but if they’ve been able to delegate work to others then they can probably delegate war to others too.

Our primal brains are probably programmed to respect somebody who is carrying a bit of weight. Look at leaders through ancient history after their fighting days are over - they’ll carry a bit. It won’t necessarily be a full on beer gut - but in some cases it is (ever seen a statue of Buddha?)

Last edited:
Humans have evolved over millennia. If you put aside the last sixty or so years, being fat is a sign of wealth and prosperity - it means that person has access to a good food source, it means that person is smart/powerful because they’re able to get others to their work form them, it means that person has a better chance of survival during times of famine. Sure, they might not be as suited to times of war, but if they’ve been able to delegate work to others then they can probably delegate war to others too.

Our primal brains are probably programmed to respect somebody who is carrying a bit of weight. Look at leaders through ancient history after their fighting days are over - they’ll carry a bit. It won’t necessarily be a full on beer gut - but in some cases it is (ever seen a statue of Buddha?)

I get all of that and I’m usually quite none judgemental but in this case it just doesn’t look good

... He was fired because he essentially just turned the other cheek as the players were being poorly influenced towards the off field problems that plagued the club up until basically last year - Harley Bennell a good example. Made recovery sessions etc. optional and just had 0 control over the entire playing group....

Yes because as we know Harley's a model citizen now he's away from Mac Kenna and under a hard task master like Lyon, oh wait..... :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not exactly a picture of fitness. Imagine being told by him to get your skinfolds down? Still only in his 30s as well.

He's the coach of an AFL club who just happened to be a part of 2 flags as a player....he can be as far as he likes and those players who have achieved nothing should do whatever that hell he says

Remove this Banner Ad

Back