Steyn is a 'pie chucker'.

Remove this Banner Ad

decent read from O'Keefe, between the cheap gags there are some interesting points. So far we havent seen the best of steyn in australia, so whether or not he is the god of fast bowling that everyone is making him out to be, all will be revealed come perth.

I personally think he will destroy our middle order, but i think alot of the south af batsmen will be dangerous.

I reckon De Villiers down the order could destroy us if we under estimate him.

Will be a great series, so pumped for boxing day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Keefe is an absolute gem of a commentator.

I know a few guys who went to a function where O'Keefe was a guest speaker, and they reckon he had the whole audience in stitches.

Loved this line:

Morne Morkel may be a more difficult proposition on bouncy pitches, but the 198cm giant has a history of no-balling that would make a eunuch flinch. If the umpires ping him for every over-stepping, Morkel may struggle for consistency.

Gold.

:thumbsu:

I reckon KOK has his tongue ever so slightly planted in the cheek.

The Saffy's have been getting too much love from the OZ media imo, finally someone has given them a serve. Time to turn up the heat, and what better man to do it :thumbsu: :D

It seems like Kerry is just playing devil's advocate to all the hype around Steyn in the last year. Nothing wrong with that.

I have a lot of respect for his opinions too; if you look past the cheesy gags and the laugh, he's one of the most astute cricket brains going around and he doesn't sit on the fence either. I agree too that there's some tongue in cheek but I also think something like this needed to be written.

It seems like Kerry is just playing devil's advocate to all the hype around Steyn in the last year. Nothing wrong with that.

I have a lot of respect for his opinions too; if you look past the cheesy gags and the laugh, he's one of the most astute cricket brains going around and he doesn't sit on the fence either. I agree too that there's some tongue in cheek but I also think something like this needed to be written.

Absolutely. KOK knows his cricket.

The way a lot of people are carrying on, Steyn will walk all over the Aussies without so much as lifting a finger. He no doubt has the ability to cause a lot of damage and is a high quality quick, but by the same token it will be bloody hard work and he will have to bowl extremely well to be successful (duh). I think in a roundabout, (and provocative) way this is the point KOK was trying to make - with a little bit of cheesy humour for good measure:D.

That is a sensationalised title, because Kerry said nothing of the sort in the article. He just basically said he was taking minnows wickets

He did bowl exceptionally well at India, where every Australian quick failed. To me, he is the real deal.

Just hope he doesn't choke against the Aussies and can bring his A game, coz it'd be fantastic viewing

I'm inclined to think KOK might not be to far out of line in his comments on Steyn.

Despite calls that the Australian batting order is in more trouble than the early settlers at the moment, I expect them to hand Steyn his arse on a plate, with a side order or fries.

It's actually a very reasonable article, but sub-editor should be shot for the sensationalist headline. In essence, KOK is saying;

1. Steyn's record over the last 12 months looks so good because he's been playing against weak teams like Bangladesh and NZ.

2. Against England, he was capable of bowling some very good deliveries, but was also capable of bowling plenty of rubbish.

3. Against Australia, a lot will really depend on his ability to get swing, otherwise his typical line will become fodder for strong leg-side players like Clarke and Ponting.

It's actually a well though-out article. KOK really is a lot more insightful than some people give him credit for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back