Opinion Stick a fork in Him

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahead of his time. Maybe the roll was made ahead of his time also.

Mr. Herbert Adams was born in Taunton, England in 1860. The bakery he established in that town became so famous that it lent its name to the street which was until recently known as Cake Alley. In 1909 Herbert Adams moved to Australia and opened bakeries in Prahran and Brunswick. Herbert Adams Bakeries grew to own and operate a large chain of retail outlets throughout the Melbourne metro area and also at Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Canberra. Each of these outlets sold a full range of cakes, pastries, pies and other foods made by the Herbert Adams Company and grew to around 60 company-owned stores in the late 1970s.

Mr. Herbert Adams was born in Taunton, England in 1860. The bakery he established in that town became so famous that it lent its name to the street which was until recently known as Cake Alley. In 1909 Herbert Adams moved to Australia and opened bakeries in Prahran and Brunswick. Herbert Adams Bakeries grew to own and operate a large chain of retail outlets throughout the Melbourne metro area and also at Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Canberra. Each of these outlets sold a full range of cakes, pastries, pies and other foods made by the Herbert Adams Company and grew to around 60 company-owned stores in the late 1970s.

EASILY the most useful information in this thread so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, there was one person who specifically said ‘stick a fork in him’ with a picture or a fork. It was reasonably polarising at the time & Taz’s return to full fitness almost coincided with the statement.
so then this thread is actually a good thing? or do we need pictures to make it work?

I once ate a Hebert Adams salad roll and ended up with appendicitis. It was a long time ago but I still remember the pain.
Good at pies, salad rolls less so. Also proves the point .... you don't win friends with salad 🙃

Do you ever get the impression that there are people on this group who get more joy out of us losing just so they can be proven right about players they don't like?

I don't know - death riding North Melbourne players seems to be a really sad way to spend your valuable time.
When personal pride is more important than team success.

I want to see them all succeed. Some are under more pressure than others to extract the digit, but I don't really want to dwell on the negatives over the pre-season. It is one thing to call a spade a spade if they don't perform, but if you can't be optimistic during the pre-season then when can you be?

I hope those that are the whipping boys have a great year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back