Stick fat and be proud

Remove this Banner Ad

I might leave it to the last minute as usual but I'll be back for an official 28th season (think its 28th, hard to read my card after a stint in the microwave...jk's).

Other than for financial reasons I cant think why I would never sign up.

I do have four junior memberships that I also get and these kids have grown up idolizing Boomer but Spud and "Big Drew" are also favorites.
The Harvey's Heroes Clinics are one of their greatest days of the year.
But these four insist they dont want to be members anymore because of how Boomer was treated.
I can try to explain the situation until the cows come home but they cannot comprehend why it happened.
They are down to the basic response of if North dont like Boomer we dont like North.

I'll still get theirs and stash the goodies from them and when they get over it and ask about their memberships I'll explain it all again.

I was actually pretty surprised by the vehemence of my daughter's reaction when I told her about Boomer, a couple of weeks ago now. She was actually quite annoyed and that's not like her. How do you respond to the fundamentally correct statement "but he's one of our very best players"?

One of her later statements made me both proud of what she picks up, and ashamed of how I sometimes carry on: "why didn't they just get rid of Nahas?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back