Still angry..

Remove this Banner Ad

If i have to own up i reckon I'm over the PF result (well done egurls!) but the umpiring from last year still gets me worked up...
Those 50m penalties we copped against Carltoon...
That stupid razor raymond crept over the mark decision against rancey...
That stupid razor Raymond holding the ball decision against Conca when the oppo pack was on his back and holding his arm and ray tells him you could of handballed the footy...
And that high free kick tally against us...fmd...
That entire Sydney game where Rance towelled up Buddy but the umps literally gifted him 4 goals :mad::mad:

nah what gets me most are not the human umpires under pressure to make live calls...but the pr***s with no clue operating the goal reviews......These are used to prevent HOWLERS ! If there's an ounce of doubt you must with the onfield umpire's decisions......but instead, for unfathomable reasons they reversed so many goals we kicked.....I guarantee you those button pushers do not know what logic/common sense means....(prolly same mob that doesn't know jack about photoshop)....oh...duuuuhhh...what does this button do ?

I'm angry. Probably because the fire gradually faded through the year. Our most intense effort I reckon came in our first JLT game. We were out to prove there was no hangover. We were swarming. Definitely around ANZAC day we were great - the Melb and Collingwood wins, but the intensity seemed to go from there.

Far better placed all year than in '17 but we didn't build. At no point were we performing at a higher level than the '17 finals. Amazing how all these knowledgeable commentators were seeing us as a shoo-in yet it was clear we were nowhere near our '17 finals performances. I'm talking about King, Whateley and Russell amongst others. Typical dickhead Dwayne - no where to be seen in '17. He was drooling over us. Doesn't he love a bandwagon!

By the second essendon game, the Geelong and Bulldogs games we were carved up through the middle and the defence was under siege. True, we had good leads in a couple of those but we weren't prepared to run the game out. At the other end we were bombing to Jack in a predictable manner that the opposition was all over. So many inside 50's but no keeping it in.

As for the Prelim, what a shocker. Yet had Lambert not dropped that sitter and goaled, the Pies would have shat themselves with plenty of time left.

Shame is: while we have to be a big chance this year, there are a few teams on the improve. The teams I expect to drop off, such as Geel, Haw and Sydney weren't a factor last year anyway so that doesn't help but I reckon Ess, Melb, Adel and GWS will be a lot better.

Done the Indian Pacific 4 times now.

It’s a great trip. All food and booze included.

Haere Ra
As a train driver I used to get a free first class pass,sleeper included. 1st time I did it took a mate along as we were competing in the Australian National clay target titles in Perth, 1980 from memory, grabbed a slab each night and stayed up playing cards till the early ours with the staff, needless to say missed out on breakfast for the whole trip but made up for it at lunch and dinner. Did 3 trips in all. Spewing I missed the Ghan as it was privatised and we got a 25% discount.

lol at people saying we were playing crap during the cats drugs and doggies games. we didnt have to win those and we still did while in 2nd gear with the other teams throwing everything at us
I agree, we were more in second gear than genuinely crap. That second gear thing was a big issue in itself, but the main issue we had was accuracy and capitalising on forward entries. We just were not that effective up forward in the latter part of the year. It’s taxing for our smaller forwards to constantly apply pressure, so that results in a lower inside 50 success rate. That drop in performance then affects our midfield as it is also taxing on our midfield to constantly be expected to run both ways. Hence, their performance dropped by the end of the year. It is taxing to constantly be defending incoming inside 50s so our defence ended up getting worn out too. Then came the PF, where it all unravelled. Our forward line, midfield and defence all caved in.

With Lynch though I believe it’s going to be different. I’d also add Balta/Moore to our forward line so that we can maximise our ability to capitalise in the air while still keeping a decent presence at ground level through smaller-mid forwards as we have been doing over the last couple of years.

That way, our midfield and defence will not get run down by the end of the year because more successful inside 50 entries = less struggle for our midfield, which leads to less struggle in our defence.

Will not see you on the Gold Coast Camp then assisting with ball retrieval.
:(.

Haere Ra

Hey Kiwi. What beach will we need to be staking out to catch a glimpse of you and the boys running around in your speedos? :)

but seriously, are you able to let on where the boys will be training? Wouldn't mind bringing the kids down to watch a bit.

Cheers

Hey Kiwi. What beach will we need to be staking out to catch a glimpse of you and the boys running around in your speedos? :)

but seriously, are you able to let on where the boys will be training? Wouldn't mind bringing the kids down to watch a bit.

Cheers
Will be a public access session. Will let club announce but will be on a day starting with M and ending with Y.

Haere Ra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a public access session. Will let club announce but will be on a day starting with M and ending with Y.

Haere Ra
May Day? 1st of May!

lol at the 2nd gear comments or excuses. Maybe just maybe sides are slowly working us out and not allowing us to play well. Na it couldn't br that at all it would mean we would have to acknowledge other teams are doing something right in games.

Imagine if we had gone B2B.
Not angry per se, just sad, that a chance to create history has gone begging.
It would be only the third time in Richmond history to achieve B2B glory.

we are gonna 3peat starting this year, guarantee it

the loss last year was planned

lol at the 2nd gear comments or excuses. Maybe just maybe sides are slowly working us out and not allowing us to play well. Na it couldn't br that at all it would mean we would have to acknowledge other teams are doing something right in games.

doing something right aka poisoning half our 22 with gastro 4 days out from a prelim

How the **** did we loose the prelim :mad:

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

probably because your mob can't spell - it's "lose" not "loose" :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back