Still angry..

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
1. Playing unfit/unwell players.
2. Ridiculously bad matchups (no tag on Sidebottom and Grimes on DeGoey too late).
3. Players believing their own hype.

That usually does the trick. Redemption next year. Bookmark it.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Threads like this would be helping pies supporters feel better about their own choke in the GF
i doubt they would care as they arsed a gf appearance anyway and shouldnt have been there

lol at least we got to see the pies loose yet another grand final. now lets win the flag next year. it would be good to beat the pies in the prelim next year or even the granny, but i doubt they will be there in 2019

2. Ridiculously bad matchups (no tag on Sidebottom and Grimes on DeGoey too late).

This, horribly unreactive coaching.

How the **** did we loose the prelim :mad:

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Shazza_ ya campaigner - where was the Spolier alert!

I couldn't watch the game and taped it - have not yet had a chance to watch....
I've been avoiding all media and discussions since then. :mad:

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
How the **** did we loose the prelim :mad:

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif

XhJaf.gif
Still cucken pisses me off me , I didn’t want to think about would we have won the gf as it only made me feel worse , I am adamant we would have , there was one side wc wanted to avoid , the team with the longest winning run at the mcg in the history of the game

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

was 2016 bs all over again, i actually thought we had gotten over playing like that again obviously not. Im not confident about 2019 at all even with Lynch.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Tiges1229 was the only one I recall who said not to underestimate Collingwood.
We had many arrogant fans who thought the result was a foregone conclusion.
I remember writing in late August, as the top four was forming, Collingwood was our only local threat.
Playing relatively well, a soft fixture, large following, media support, and umpiring bias, were factors.
I hope our cheer squad starts a chant next year: "Collingwood are chokers."
Rub their noses in it after what Collingwood fans said earlier.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
was 2016 bs all over again, i actually thought we had gotten over playing like that again obviously not. Im not confident about 2019 at all even with Lynch.
I'm confident we'll come back hard. We don't just lose everything because of one disastrous performance. I'm confident that our players (and coaches) will want to redeem themselves, both in their own eyes and in the eyes of their supporters.

That over confidence we showed will not be seen again I'm guessing.

Took one for the entire league and threw the game

all year while we were up and about on top of the ladder the AFL was talking about insane rule changes, 18m goal squares, zones, etc etc

We lose and suddenly most of the insane suggestions are shelved.

Coincidence?

we are through the looking glass here people

#wakeupsheeple

AFL decided to keep the goal squares as soon as we got Lynch.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Tiges1229 was the only one I recall who said not to underestimate Collingwood.
We had many arrogant fans who thought the result was a foregone conclusion.
I remember writing in late August, as the top four was forming, Collingwood was our only local threat.
Playing relatively well, a soft fixture, large following, media support, and umpiring bias, were factors.
I hope our cheer squad starts a chant next year: "Collingwood are chokers."
Rub their noses in it after what Collingwood fans said earlier.
1229 is a prhophet

RFCGloryJC

Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I am sure they will analyse the loss, no need to be bitter.
When the Western Bulldogs lost the elimination final in 2015, Beveridge analysed 80 flaws in the performance.
He went through the match forensically.
What is amusing is the AFL website has an article called "Swoop Squad".
Collingwood's strategy of "medium-sized forwards" who score the vast majority of goals.
It sounds familiar.
Like Trent Cotchin says, the game evolves over time and the tactics adapt.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We drank the Kool-Aid from the media proclaiming us shoo-ins to win the GF.

By the time we realised we had to work our guts out to win, we were 10 goals down and it was almost half time.

On top of that, the player we rely on to spark us out of complacency could barely run. Oh, and the coach seemed to have become complacent too, just letting the players do it all.

THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR! I can't wait to see what the players bring next year. 95,000 at the 'G against Carlton. Can't wait. Will be keeping my family reserved seat membership.

RFCGloryJC

Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
We had a lot of fans who for weeks arrogantly predicted we would "smash" Collingwood.
Game over.
Never believed their BS for a nanosecond.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
We drank the Kool-Aid from the media proclaiming us shoo-ins to win the GF.

By the time we realised we had to work our guts out to win, we were 10 goals down and it was almost half time.

On top of that, the player we rely on to spark us out of complacency could barely run. Oh, and the coach seemed to have become complacent too, just letting the players do it all.

THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR! I can't wait to see what the players bring next year. 95,000 at the 'G against Carlton. Can't wait. Will be keeping my family reserved seat membership.
95k ? lol will be lucky to get 80 next year

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
95k ? lol will be lucky to get 80 next year
Richmond home game next year. That and the Lynch factor should push it well over 80. And then the first Collingwood game will be massive! The rivalry has been reignited. Should be a great, competitive season.

Chezzs

Draftee
Jul 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
We had a lot of fans who for weeks arrogantly predicted we would "smash" Collingwood.
Game over.
Never believed their BS for a nanosecond.
When people get arrogant I always feel it puts the mock on us. There were some very arrogant posts on here regarding that game. Before the game the tv cameras were down in the rooms and there was a pan shot of the players sitting down and leaning against the wall. They looked as flat as pancakes. At that moment I thought we weren't going to win this. I was right.

Back