* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I might revisit this issue following the discovery of Abby Sunderlands yacht of the coast of Kangaroo Island. My reason for linking the 2 is the distance the yacht is said to have floated in 8 years.

View attachment 601102

I understand the map is fairly broad in its positioning but it must give pause to investigators that are following tidal movements etc

Whats your thoughts GreyCrow?

I have watched some fascinating docos on this story. The most compelling and the one I now believe is pilot suicide.

I highly recommend the 60 minutes doco, it goes for 40 mins but it is riveting and really does place the blame at the pilot deliberately crashing the plane.

Whats your thoughts GreyCrow?

I have watched some fascinating docos on this story. The most compelling and the one I now believe is pilot suicide.

I highly recommend the 60 minutes doco, it goes for 40 mins but it is riveting and really does place the blame at the pilot deliberately crashing the plane.
I am a fan of the Pilot Suicide theory. I cant fathom any other 'this world' scenario and I wont entertain any 'other world' theory.

I am a fan of the Pilot Suicide theory. I cant fathom any other 'this world' scenario and I wont entertain any 'other world' theory.

I agree it best fits the available evidence but looking into Shah I just dont see a motive for taking his own aircraft and committing suicide. Why not just kill himself? In all previous pilot suicide cases like Egyptair 990, Germanwings & Silkair investigators have discovered serious issues with the guilty pilots in their personal lives. I see nothing on Shah, he was well off and loved aviation. It does not add up why he would go off and fly an aircraft full of passengers to the middle of nowhere and crash it.

I agree it best fits the available evidence but looking into Shah I just dont see a motive for taking his own aircraft and committing suicide. Why not just kill himself? In all previous pilot suicide cases like Egyptair 990, Germanwings & Silkair investigators have discovered serious issues with the guilty pilots in their personal lives. I see nothing on Shah, he was well off and loved aviation. It does not add up why he would go off and fly an aircraft full of passengers to the middle of nowhere and crash it.
None of the other theories add up either though.

If you havent seen the 60 Minutes doco I highly encourage you to see them, brilliant doco.

The Pilot Suicide Theory definitely carries plenty of weight, the fact he veered of course to see his home city for one last time carries that evidence for me, coupled with the fact that he glided the plane into the water. If it was a normal plane crash there would be literally millions of debris of the plane scattered everywhere in the ocean.

Thought I might revisit this issue following the discovery of Abby Sunderlands yacht of the coast of Kangaroo Island. My reason for linking the 2 is the distance the yacht is said to have floated in 8 years.

View attachment 601102

I understand the map is fairly broad in its positioning but it must give pause to investigators that are following tidal movements etc

That yacht has probably circled the globe numerous times before being discovered.

Another complication for MH370 drift calculations was the fact that 2 cyclones passed through the general area of impact before search operations began in the SIO. Who knows what that did to all the floatijg debris. No wonder a visual air to ground search was unsuccessful 10 days after the crash. All or most debris had probanly been swept hundreds of kilometres from the crash zone by that stage.

There is a part of me that wishes that this happens.

ONbhi00.gif

Just ask yourself a simple question....What nation does the recalcitrant Muslim nation of Malaysia not toe the political line of.

They also refused to go along with the phoney manufactured findings to do with the MH17 downing also.

New wreckage discovered confirmed by Malaysian authorities to be likely from MH370:

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/malaysia-confirms-new-debris-likely-mh370/

As these are fragments of the floor structure that pretty much kills the theory that the aircraft landed in a controlled manner mostly intact. The impact required for the floor structure to break up would smash the aircraft to smithereens.

French investigators searching for answers over the disappearance of flight MH370 have discovered a 89kg weight was added to the flight before take-off, it has been reported.
Two Parisian judges are currently conducting a judicial investigation, and have just received a report on the passengers and baggage brought on board, French newspaper Le Parisien reported.
According to the paper, Mr Wattrelos said: “It was also learned that a mysterious load of 89 kg had been added to the flight list after take-off.
“A container was also overloaded, without anyone knowing why. The expert draws no conclusion.
“It may be incompetence or manipulation. Everything is possible. This will be part of the questions for Malaysians.”

Patrick Grafton-Green

As these are fragments of the floor structure that pretty much kills the theory that the aircraft landed in a controlled manner mostly intact. The impact required for the floor structure to break up would smash the aircraft to smithereens.

I asked years ago whether it was possible there were no pieces left that were large enough to detect, i.e. they were looking for something that didn't exist. The answer came back that large sections of the plane would still be intact. I'm skeptical again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked years ago whether it was possible there were no pieces left that were large enough to detect, i.e. they were looking for something that didn't exist. The answer came back that large sections of the plane would still be intact. I'm skeptical again.

The heavier parts of the aircraft (landing gear, fuselage) most likely would have sunk in a recognizable form.

As for the fuselage so far a screen frame for a passenger seatback screen has been found. Fragments of the wall and floor have been found. The force required to break the floor / walls of the aircraft and the screen frame from the back of a seat must surely be enormous. Very little doubt that the impact was violent. So yes probably not much left of the plane and a search that started 10 days after the crash. Not ideal at all for finding any sign of the plane.

The heaviest parts of the aircraft are likely sitting somewhere in the range of 6-7km below the surface of the ocean, assuming it ditched in the vicinity of 45 degrees south in the middle of the Indian Ocean. You're never recovering something from that deep down.

The heaviest parts of the aircraft are likely sitting somewhere in the range of 6-7km below the surface of the ocean, assuming it ditched in the vicinity of 45 degrees south in the middle of the Indian Ocean. You're never recovering something from that deep down.

BEA recovered AF447 from those depths. Difference is they had the exact position of the plane, heading, altitude and speed of the plane 4 minutes before it crashed.

And it still took them 2 years to find it!

BEA recovered AF447 from those depths. Difference is they had the exact position of the plane, heading, altitude and speed of the plane 4 minutes before it crashed.

And it still took them 2 years to find it!
True.

I mean the 'highly likely' part of the Indian it probably ditched in is probably still not much less than the size of WA (that's a guess, I haven't seen a map for scale). It's also about 4,000km from either Australia or Africa.

Good luck finding anything there. AF447 ditched in the narrowest corridor of the Atlantic between South America and Africa (think where Brazil and Senegal are and find the equidistant point - that's about where the plane was) and they knew the exact location more or less as you point out - very, very different kettle of fish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back