* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at booking a trip now that I took before with some friends and we flew Malaysia. I went on their website earlier to have a look but it wouldnt let me, so I'm not sure if theyve stopped long range bookings or something?

Looks like we'll go Thai or Air Asia but Malaysia suits best. I wouldnt be that worried, pending what happens here though. Pilot suicide would worry me the most in fear of a copycat attack by another disgruntled pilot.

So apparently Australia is sending planes out to search the 600,000 square km search area in the Southern Indian Ocean, will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack out there. Any wreckage probably would've sunk or moved hundreds of miles away from the crash site by now so finding the plane on the bottom of the ocean could take years if they ever find it at all.

Much better chance of finding the plane if it went on the northern path over land but you'd think they would've found it by now if it did.

If the plane went through the south corridor surely the australia radar would have picked something up? It would be a scary thought if our Radar was 'just as good' as the Indian, malay, thai etc

I still think the plane went the northern corridor, countries like India, Burma, thailand etc have already demonstrated how useless their radars are

Surely at some point he'd radio the ground to advise of the fire.

He radioed the "good night" call after the transponders were all turned off.

So the plane has caught on fire, he's turned off the transponders, desperately climbing the plane up to 45k feet to save every bodies lives, but nonchalantly sends a "goodnight" message back to flight control?

Come on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He radioed the "good night" call after the transponders were all turned off.

So the plane has caught on fire, he's turned off the transponders, desperately climbing the plane up to 45k feet to save every bodies lives, but nonchalantly sends a "goodnight" message back to flight control?

Come on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
That was redacted by Malaysian authorities earlier today, they then claimed they don't know when the transponder were turned off.

If the plane went through the south corridor surely the australia radar would have picked something up? It would be a scary thought if our Radar was 'just as good' as the Indian, malay, thai etc

I still think the plane went the northern corridor, countries like India, Burma, thailand etc have already demonstrated how useless their radars are

The southern corridor is a long way off the WA coast and probably out of our radar range, it's not like they flew across Australia without being detected.

Australian authorities have an enormous task ahead in their search of a 600,000 square kilometre area for the missing plane. As weather and tidal patterns change, they search area may well also need to be updated. An ABC news report outlines just how difficult that task can be:

“This is not just a needle in a haystack, it’s a haystack that gets bigger and shifts under us due to the [ocean’s] drift,” said captain Fareq Hassan, the flight’s navigator.

While data from high-tech radars, transponders, and satellites has been brought to bear in the hunt for the missing plane that has gripped the world, the low-tech reality aboard search planes is a mind-numbing, naked-eye affair.

After a 90-minute flight from Kuala Lumpur to the south-eastern Andaman Sea far off the coast of Thailand, the crew began looking.

Descending to about 152 metres over the water, the plane settled into a three-hour back-and-forth tracking pattern reminiscent of a lawn being mowed.

“You get dizzy and nauseous trying to track as the sea moves so quickly under you. By the time the flight is over you’re close to hallucinating,” sergeant Nor Sarifah Ahmad said over the deafening roar of propellers as turbulence jostled the plane.

I hope this isn't in the Indian Ocean. I'll probably have grandchildren when it's found and I'm still in my teens

If the story continues the way it is and with the best answer being its been hijacked. Your grand kids will be asking about this plane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone from sme australian agency said that our big radar covering the side of australian is in 'peace time' mode and not monitored all the time, so it couldve come into our radar range and we wouldnt have seen it

not that I think it has though

Reports now from the "mainstream media" that there was highly valuable cargo on board. Still not saying what exactly though

Reports now from the "mainstream media" that there was highly valuable cargo on board. Still not saying what exactly though
Humans?

So the plane is drifting along in space then.
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back