* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Would require a huge cover-up from those in the airforce, govt and Malaysian Airlines. Not to mention those who live near air force base reporting a fighter jet taking off in the middle of the night. Lastly there were plenty of other aircraf in the area at the time with good visibillity. None reported seeing a missile strike an aircraft or one anywhere - all at night when it would be highly visible. Also there is wreckage washing up on the western side of the Indian Ocean - this would not happen with the aircraft supposedly shot down over the South China sea.

In short the MH370 shootdown theory is plain nonsense.

If you say so. It's still as likely as anything else until they find it. I've had dealings with the Malay government and military. They're pretty hard line I wouldn't put anything past them.

As for the huge cover-up. Why would Malaysian Airlines even have to know? The shooting down could have minimal people involved. The clean-up may be another story but there may not have been a whole lot of surface debris to see.

If you say so. It's still as likely as anything else until they find it. I've had dealings with the Malay government and military. They're pretty hard line I wouldn't put anything past them.

As for the huge cover-up. Why would Malaysian Airlines even have to know? The shooting down could have minimal people involved. The clean-up may be another story but there may not have been a whole lot of surface debris to see.

If thus conspiracy theory was true how does one explain the INMARSAT data and the wreckage washing ashore in the western side of the Indian ocean?

I am suspicious of many of the south east Asian governments, but I have two questions.

1. Who was on that plane that the Malaysian Government wanted dead (if a Military shoot down happened)?

2. Time from wheels up to no signal - how long? I doubt their military are good enough (fast enough to launch), unless something was pre planned?

Currently there's a search in the Indian Ocean being led by a mob called Ocean Infinity, but it has only two months to run before wrapping up in early June.

I have a feeling it will not be located.

The whole thing is still so bizarre. AF447 was as well, and still is because the question of why the hell Bonin pulled back on his stick when it's not exactly unknown that doing that at such an altitude can lead to a stall, and then continued to do so even when they started losing altitude rapidly, has never really been answered and may never be.

But this is next level. For something to disappear so completely, with an apparently infallible plane in the 777 to boot; it's perplexing. I still lean toward the hypoxia theory but some things about the pilot's behaviour are pretty troubling (I suppose as Bonin's was in the A330 too).

Currently there's a search in the Indian Ocean being led by a mob called Ocean Infinity, but it has only two months to run before wrapping up in early June.

The whole thing is still so bizarre. AF447 was as well, and still is because the question of why the hell Bonin pulled back on his stick when it's not exactly unknown that doing that at such an altitude can lead to a stall, and then continued to do so even when they started losing altitude rapidly, has never really been answered and may never be.

But this is next level. For something to disappear so completely, with an apparently infallible plane in the 777 to boot; it's perplexing. I still lean toward the hypoxia theory but some things about the pilot's behaviour are pretty troubling (I suppose as Bonin's was in the A330 too).
Panic due to lack of training with this type of stall. If you did something for hours upon hours and then suddenly it didn't work like it's supposed to you may not think of everything that could be causing the problem, especially when your life is on the line

Panic due to lack of training with this type of stall. If you did something for hours upon hours and then suddenly it didn't work like it's supposed to you may not think of everything that could be causing the problem, especially when your life is on the line
I came across an interesting piece of commentary recently on the design of Airbus controls versus Boeing and how it could have been a contributing factor.

In simple terms, the supposition was that because Airbus controls tend to be more touch sensitive and not linked with each other, unlike Boeing controls, it meant that it made it much more likely that the co-pilot wouldn't realise Bonin was pulling back on the stick. In a Boeing, this would apparently be a much lower risk because the stick of the co-pilot would go back when the pilot pulls back. That doesn't happen in an A330.

Sullenberger is the guy who pulled off that pretty incredible ditching into the Hudson with zero casualties after a catastrophic bird strike coming out of JFK.

But I'm also a bit cynical when it comes to the whole Boeing v Airbus angle, in the sense that I don't think it's impossible that Americans and Europeans might use any opportunity to promote the virtue of one type over the other.

There is a lot of fascinating documentaries on youtube about what exactly has happened. Strongly encourage you to view them as a lot of them are very fascinating.

Having watched a few, I am convinced the pilot did deliberately glided the plane into the water in order to kill all on board. Experienced investigators with decades of experience have all said that there would have been so much debris everywhere had the plane not glided down deliberately.

There is a lot of fascinating documentaries on youtube about what exactly has happened. Strongly encourage you to view them as a lot of them are very fascinating.

Having watched a few, I am convinced the pilot did deliberately glided the plane into the water in order to kill all on board. Experienced investigators with decades of experience have all said that there would have been so much debris everywhere had the plane not glided down deliberately.

If you wanted to kill everyone wouldn't you face-plant the plane nose first into the surface from a height? Gliding sounds like you want to keep the structure as intact as possible while giving the passengers the most chance for survival.

Here's a shot of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York City. Conditions (swell, etc) would be different but this kind of illustrates the idea.

plane_on_hudson_river_2000x1201.jpg

I came across an interesting piece of commentary recently on the design of Airbus controls versus Boeing and how it could have been a contributing factor.

In simple terms, the supposition was that because Airbus controls tend to be more touch sensitive and not linked with each other, unlike Boeing controls, it meant that it made it much more likely that the co-pilot wouldn't realise Bonin was pulling back on the stick. In a Boeing, this would apparently be a much lower risk because the stick of the co-pilot would go back when the pilot pulls back. That doesn't happen in an A330.

Sullenberger is the guy who pulled off that pretty incredible ditching into the Hudson with zero casualties after a catastrophic bird strike coming out of JFK.

But I'm also a bit cynical when it comes to the whole Boeing v Airbus angle, in the sense that I don't think it's impossible that Americans and Europeans might use any opportunity to promote the virtue of one type over the other.

Panic Pull isn't anything to do with control systems. It is an instinctive reaction by a pilot who has lost situational awareness and is not looking at their instruments any longer. The human brain can also tune out aural warnings in situations of panic / stress. Plenty of Boeing / Airbus and even recently a Russian aircraft have been stalled / crashed by crews who simply panicked and did not consult their instruments. Bonin had unreliable airspeed for one minute - all he needed to do was maintain the same pitch / thrust setting until the anomaly cleared. By the time he was stalled completely Bonin had reliable speed indications again but kept pulling like a madman until the end. You expect better from a professional pilot.

those close to the story don't like to think of the thought it wasn't an accident

If you wanted to kill everyone wouldn't you face-plant the plane nose first into the surface from a height? Gliding sounds like you want to keep the structure as intact as possible while giving the passengers the most chance for survival.

Here's a shot of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York City. Conditions (swell, etc) would be different but this kind of illustrates the idea.

The aircraft was smashed into thousands of pieces. Lookup Blaine Gibson MH370 debris search. The wing piece is the biggest piece found so far. Parts of the interior have been found including the frame from a seatback LCD screen. Imagine what sort of impact results in a LCD frame being separated from the screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The possible impact area is the size of Victoria. They are searching the most likely areas according to satellite data but that has error margins in it. Doesn't help that a return trip to resupply in Perth takes a week or two which eats into the search time.

Being able to actually land this thing on water was a bit of freak luck. 99.9% of water landings end up with the plane in pieces.

Being able to actually land this thing on water was a bit of freak luck. 99.9% of water landings end up with the plane in pieces.
Sullenberger handled it like an absolute boss. He deserved that medal or whatever it was that he got.

I am not at all a nervous flier but I'd be lying if I said MH370 and AF447 didn't briefly cross my mind when flying recently to and from South America. Followed by a very quick segue into an inflight movie to quash the thoughts.

I mean, the South Pacific is ******* wide...

I watched the Sully movie a few weeks back. They wanted to crucify him for ditching it in the river.
One doesn't destroy a multi million dollar aircraft and get no heat.
They suggested he could have made it back to a runway according to flight simulations. They didnt mention in his trial that the pilots were given the info as to what was about to happen and the state of the planes systems after the bird strike.
Once they gave the pilots in the simulators the same time to react to the situation with no prior knowledge it was a different result.

Was brilliantly done, of course Tom Hanks played the part to perfection.

Have seen the movie twice and could watch it again (which is rare for me, I'm not a movie buff at all)

I watched the Sully movie a few weeks back. They wanted to crucify him for ditching it in the river.
One doesn't destroy a multi million dollar aircraft and get no heat.
They suggested he could have made it back to a runway according to flight simulations. They didnt mention in his trial that the pilots were given the info as to what was about to happen and the state of the planes systems after the bird strike.
Once they gave the pilots in the simulators the same time to react to the situation with no prior knowledge it was a different result.
that is why they are insured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back