Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough game next week but 2 guaranteed wins after that. But the premise of this thread is no man's land and st Kilda definitely look that way this year.
Still putting games into young players, that is best course for the club atm.

Garica has shown signs in his games, Wilson looks ready made as a winger, Pou is struggling atm, Windhager is looking good in the guts, NAS is hot and cold but Owens has to put into the middle.

They're like the dogs with a bit less top end talent and a slightly more stable coach. Both Lyon and Bevo seem to fixate on playing certain d grade battlers.

I imagine they'll bounce back with a few wins but it's hard to see them threatening anything in September if they get there.

Care to predict the round North will notch their 2nd win of the season?

Or the season in which North will next have a percentage of 89.6?
I think you don’t understand the premise of middle of the road

We’ve been there it’s more fun then being at the bottom sure but take the pain for long term gain instead of constant middle with no long term gain

I think you don’t understand the premise of middle of the road

Understand it perfectly, actually.

No surprise you’re reluctant to answer the questions.

Brings me back to the point, strange for a North fan to be having a go at them, in the current environment.

Understand it perfectly, actually.

No surprise you’re reluctant to answer the questions.

Brings me back to the point, strange for a North fan to be having a go at them, in the current environment.
Lol
I think you don’t understand the word ‘perfectly’

But that’s ok I won’t clog up the thread to help you understand

Let’s stay on topic - back to the saints and the land of no man

Lol
I think you don’t understand the word ‘perfectly’

But that’s ok I won’t clog up the thread to help you understand

Let’s stay on topic - back to the saints and the land of no man

Again, no surprise you won’t answer the question.

Wonder how long it’ll take North to climb into “no man’s land”, and in contention for consecutive finals berths.

Suspect most of their fans who don’t consider parts of their list “complete” would prefer to be there than spoon favorites.

But yes, best you don’t clog up the thread. At least on that, we can agree.

Thats Harsh about Brad Scotts coaching era of 2010-19.

Would you say North melbourne were in no mans land in Brad Scotts 10 year period? I dont know.

Were North Melbourne a mid table side? I agree. It was hard to dispute that. They didnt finish bottom 4, except in 2017. they didnt finish top 4 ladder wise. they made a couple of prelim finals.

Seeing North Melbourne or Port win 2 finals in 2014 was impressive.

North Finishing 8th and won 2 more finals in 2015 was good with the players they had at the time.

We were never a flag chance though. Pulled out the odd arsey performance against top sides, but lost games against equal or lower oppo pretty heavily on the odd occasion which cost top 4 and home final. Just a lot of half arsed games like the Saints have where they mentally show up only half the time. 10/11/12/16/18/19 probably the best examples of bullshit mid-table finishes.

Last edited:
Completely disregarding this result.

A 5 day break, with travel involved, is not a recipe for success in modern day footy.

Been reasonably solid with lapses this season and I give them a pass tonight.

5 day breaks need to be eradicated from the fixture if we want to see teams playing at or near their best.

The AFL have done a disservice to us all by inflicting short turnarounds on clubs, and it needs urgent attention.
I think that argument might have some merit. I think from what I remember in historical discussions, the 7 to 6 day break isn't an issue, but the 6-5 day break becomes significant and the 5-4 day break for Anzac day clashes is very significant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last couple of pages with a few hot takes

Let's take some deep breaths and consider a few facts

- Saints got thrashed for the 2nd time in 30 games in Lyon era 2

- Just played 3 games in 11 days

- Played against one of the best teams of the past decade who were under massive pressure all week. The main story in footy

- Played 8 players 22 or under

- Missing 5 - 8 of their best team, depending who you ask. Including King and Crouch- consistently 2 of the best players over the past few years.

- Have had one of the toughest runs, playing the only 2 undefeated teams with extremely close losses to both on the road (GWS and Geel), and a comfortable victory against the reigning premiers on their ground (Coll at MCG)

Let's see where things end up.

Saints are 2-4. Should be 3-3 but threw away the Essendon game. Could easily be 4-2 after a tough fixture. No need for panic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back