Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Remaining games

I would predict

Sydney (SCG) loss, although 2021 lost by 9 SCG, won by 29 Marvel so I think this will be close

Carl 50/50

Freo- (marvel) W. We already beat them in Perth so I'll back us

Dogs 50/50

WC (Perth) W

Haw (Marvel) W

Geelong (Geelong) L

Bris (Marvel) 50/50

Sydney (Marvel) 50/50

So. Win the 3 games I expect us to win. Lose the 2. Leaves 4 50/50 games. Win 2 from 4, definitely make finals (13 wins).

Alternatively you could say both Sydney games were 50/50 and Freo, that leaves 2 wins (WC and Haw) 1 loss (Geelong), and needing 3 from 6 games that are close to 50/50

If we stay healthy I think we'll still make it

ahem....this game not looking close. I suspect you may need to be more realistic in your assessment.

6ku013.jpg

They need more run and Amon will help. But their midfield is full of plodders and their small forwards are slow and one way runners.

The team runs one way and look fantastic when things are going their way.

I’m not sure if this is a coaching or list problem. Ratten probably deserves another couple to work it through.

Pre bye Saints looked really good but since the bye they look like they have no energy. Ok the game against brisbane they ran out of troops but losing to essendon and now Sydney they just looked cooked.

Woeful to watch. Ratten is a liability
I’m not convinced it’s the coach.
Their midfield is so one paced. Take any player out of the midfield group apart from Steele and it wouldn’t matter.

Their outside runners are quick but one way and flaky.

Rucks look good.

King is young so will be up and down and Membrey is up and down. Sharman needs a set position and has potential.

They lack a defensive forward. Guys like Butler and Higgins look good if they kick goals but don’t do much else.

Battle is a nice player and they have some decent flankers but they lack structure and a tall defender down back.

Lots of holes in their list.
Not sure if Ratten is a SuperCoach but he’s working with limited resources.

Saints have a finals ready list profile but are nowhere near it. No line of theirs is above average or elite, its all a mixture of C and D grade talent and then guys like Steele who have to try and carry the whole club.

I’m not convinced it’s the coach.
Their midfield is so one paced. Take any player out of the midfield group apart from Steele and it wouldn’t matter.

Their outside runners are quick but one way and flaky.

Rucks look good.

King is young so will be up and down and Membrey is up and down. Sharman needs a set position and has potential.

They lack a defensive forward. Guys like Butler and Higgins look good if they kick goals but don’t do much else.

Battle is a nice player and they have some decent flankers but they lack structure and a tall defender down back.

Lots of holes in their list.
Not sure if Ratten is a SuperCoach but he’s working with limited resources.
Who's choice is it to keep playing a player such as Ross and not delisting him last year? Even Steele is a meh player because he has no hurt factor- no speed or great kicking skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when are people at the saints going to realise you cant build your list by getting every reject from other clubs ,it just does not work .start from scratch and build from the draft

Who's choice is it to keep playing a player such as Ross and not delisting him last year? Even Steele is a meh player because he has no hurt factor- no speed or great kicking skills
Tend to agree but they have bigger issues to address than these two.

The worst thing they could do is recruit JDG and think he’s the panacea to their woes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back