Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re handy players but I don’t think they’re premiership winning midfielders. I think your forward line is splendid, your defence and ruck departments are quite strong.
The point I’m making is our midfield depth is decent, it’s the game changer Petracca/Dusty type we are missing to take us to the next level. Gresham since returning from longterm injury has changed the dynamics of our midfield however he’s levels below Trac/Dusty. It’s that elite mid along with a gun lock down tall defender we are missing.

The point I’m making is our midfield depth is decent, it’s the game changer Petracca/Dusty type we are missing to take us to the next level. Gresham since returning from longterm injury has changed the dynamics of our midfield however he’s levels below Trac/Dusty. It’s that elite mid along with a gun lock down tall defender we are missing.
I think you’re missing two but I obviously don’t watch as closely, am happy to acknowledge that.

I guess it could be worse, we could be Essendon!
Imagine losing to Freo at home by 50 points 😂😂
Do you think that someone’s club that they support negates them from having an opinion on your club? If you don’t want to have open discussion with members of other clubs I’d suggest you to browse your clubs board. If you want to be here then by all means do so but stop trying to derail the thread with petty childish responses.

Do you think that someone’s club that they support negates them from having an opinion on your club? If you don’t want to have open discussion with members of other clubs I’d suggest you to browse your clubs board. If you want to be here then by all means do so but stop trying to derail the thread with petty childish responses.
Not necessarily, but as a saints supporter everyone on this whole forum pots our club from lack of premierships, to poor culture to bad debt and the list goes on. Just look at all the threads having a crack at us. So if people want to continue with the wE hAvEnT bEaTeN aNyOnE yEt, that’s fine, but don’t crack them if saints supporters bite back at other teams that have been a lot poorer this year.

Last edited:
Love the strawmanning by bringing the Bombers into this, but I'll bite

Imagine claiming Top 4 aspirations but losing to the Pies

Can't wait to see:

Saints V Melbourne
Saints V Geelong
Saints V Brisbane

:thumbsu:
We beat Brisbane by 4 goals up in Qld last year and dominated general play for a big chunk of both games against Geelong (including starting 31-0 against them in Geelong, until King went off injured), so those two teams won’t hold too many fears.

We also kicked 5 goals in a row against Melbourne and kept them to a point or two for a 30 minute period of our game against them, and we’re a much better team this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat Brisbane by 4 goals up in Qld last year and dominated general play for a big chunk of both games against Geelong (including starting 31-0 against them in Geelong, until King went off injured), so those two teams won’t hold too many fears.

We also kicked 5 goals in a row against Melbourne and kept them to a point or two for a 30 minute period of our game against them, and we’re a much better team this year.
Lol love the optimism but Melbourne will smoke us by 8 goals +

Not necessarily, but as a saints supporter everyone on this whole forum pots our club from lack of premierships, to poor culture to bad debt and the list goes on. Just look at all the threads having a crack at us. So if people want to continue with the wE hAvEnT bEaTeN aNyOnE yEt, that’s fine, but don’t crack them if saints supporters bite back at other teams that have been a lot poorer this year.
But hang on, you had a crack at the Dogs after I was largely positive about your club? Was I insulting the caliber of opponent or having a crack?

The Fremantle victory looks more impressive each week but the rest of those teams are bottom 10 teams. But again, can only beat who you play.
No Fyfe and Munday that day, and their big ruckman missed the last quarter and a bit. Funnily enough it was during that time that St Kilda rolled over them.

Freo were very gettable that day.

That's odd logic I must say.

If this is the type of mentality you bring to a discussion, I'm going have to block you.

Thanks for being up front at least, and not wasting my time.

No Fyfe and Munday that day, and their big ruckman missed the last quarter and a bit. Funnily enough it was during that time that St Kilda rolled over them.

Same day St Kilda were missing their number 1 ruck (Ryder), key back (Howard), Billings, Jones & Clark.

St Kilda were very gettable.

St Kilda have had just about the worst injury run amongst all clubs this year despite a good start.

You want a genuine opinion ThePhreshOne.

Saints overachieved with a fairly young team in 2020, in a season with limited match time.
We then got ahead of ourselves and underachieved last year with injuries and a tough fixture culminating in a terrible start to the year, but actually finished off the year pretty well.

This year however, feels different and I think most saints supporters can feel the difference. It’s not just winning, it’s how we’ve been winning with crucial players missing over those games.

We seem settled, fit and mature. We’re winning in different ways when the games aren’t on our terms. Majority of our core are 26 and under with a few (Ryder 34, Ross 29, Hill 28 & Crouch 28) older players.

Our lack of stars is overstated in the media and by other fanbases. We may not have the absolute top end talent in the middle but our midfield is still very competitive. We also have a very good balance in our side across all lines, with players playing their role week in week out without any real fanfare or weak links.

I may eat my words later in the season, but I genuinely think we’re a top 4-6 team this year.

Same day St Kilda were missing their number 1 ruck (Ryder), key back (Howard), Billings, Jones & Clark.

St Kilda were very gettable.

St Kilda have had just about the worst injury run amongst all clubs this year despite a good start.

Don't disagree. St Kilda have been really good.

I was just responding to the comment regarding the Freo win looking better each week. The Freo that played in R2 is a different Freo to the one that played last night.

Our form suggests we are beating teams in the 2nd half of games.

We beat Giants on Friday despite being down at half time with No Ryder, No Hayes after qtr time and no Marshall in the 2nd half.

Josh Battle and Mason Wood rucked against Preuss and Flynn.

So I don’t think you can use that argument about Darcy in the Freo game when they still had Meek and Lobb to cover the ruck for them.

I was just responding to the comment regarding the Freo win looking better each week. The Freo that played in R2 is a different Freo to the one that played last night.
Possibly. Same could be said for St Kilda when a few of our better players start returning from injury/suspension in Ryder’s case.

Injuries are a bit of a cop out with the injury sub. The fact is that all clubs suffer injuries. In-game injuries obviously shake up the structure & are not ideal but all clubs must deal with them at some stage. Saints had to overcome it on the weekend but also had to deal with being a man down for the second half. Still won interstate verse a desperate Giants.

And we’re a different side to round 2 bouncing back after a shock loss to Pies? Great logic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back