mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
King 0
Membrey 1 from the stupidest 50m penalty I have ever seen
If you ask saints fans membrey is a "star". He's a decent player but has never sniffed an AA or even been rated anywhere near a star within the wider community. They are delusional

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Absolutely. He's a jet, but he can't do it by himself. When he's missing we don't have much else to fall back on.
As much as I dislike the saints. I can't hate jack Steele. I'm impressed with his effort and work ethic.

Good players in the list like Steele, Max King, Tom Highmore, Brad Hill and Pat Ryder.

The core is over reliant to carry the rest of the best 22/23

MUFASA12

All Australian
Dec 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Everton FC, ATL Falcons
783F7FBC-7363-4EF0-8F35-6B1EBDEF447F.jpeg
I’m tired 😪

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
They were bad v Essendon and awful tonight. I am not counting my chickens for our game v them next week. Enough talent there to cause us trouble, surely wont be that stagnant and unimaginative with the ball again.

Steele will be better for the run as well and I imagine Ryder back.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
The team runs one way and look fantastic when things are going their way.

I’m not sure if this is a coaching or list problem. Ratten probably deserves another couple to work it through.
It's pretty similar to Carlton under ratten, especially towards the end of his tenure with us. All plan A.

I had really hoped his time at the Hawks had given him more to work with. Funny that a nuggety centreman (and Teague a heart and souls medium defender) pin everything on all out attack.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
They were bad v Essendon and awful tonight. I am not counting my chickens for our game v them next week. Enough talent there to cause us trouble, surely wont be that stagnant and unimaginative with the ball again.

Steele will be better for the run as well and I imagine Ryder back.
I fully expect them to be embarrassed into a decent performance against us and wouldn't be shocked if we lose tbh.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Amazing how the pies won a game since the West Coast loss at HOME....

Or when you were as putrid as were this week when you gave nothing against the bulldogs...

Time to remove head from ass, no?
On the other hand Freo lost to your mob in Perth. Yet Freo somehow beat the demons in the MCG and cats in Geelong.

Kardinia park is usually an instant defeat for most clubs. You go to Geelong, lose their and focus for next week.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
How do we define no mans land? Saints have been rebuilding for 11 years, still looks like a lot of drafting/trading has to go right before they challenge.
Worst thing you can do in a league that has a final 8 system is finish 9th or 10th.

Rather finish 8th and get belted by 80-100 points in an elimination final than get 9th.

To me no man's land is 9th-12th.

Finishing bottom 6 isn't bad. Trade pic 6 and 44 for the 8th placed sides 1st, 2nd and , 3rd which is picks 11, 29 and 47.

Or trade pick 6 for 2 late 1st rounders like 14 and 18.

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
ahem....this game not looking close. I suspect you may need to be more realistic in your assessment.
Missing arguably our most important player. Massively out of form

But all isn't lost. Just equalled the longest losing streak in 60 odd games under Ratten. The last 3 years are full of examples of St Kilda bouncing back from bad games.

I'll be tipping us this week.

(And no, I'm not one of those fans who tips their team every week. Didn't tip us last night, or vs Brisbane a fortnight ago).

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If st kilda are in no man's land, North must be in hell
North were in no mans land for many years, but they eventually did what they needed to do(3 years late) and culled the list, stop trying to make finals with aging B graders, and hit the draft. They're in a genuine rebuild now after recognising their position. Saints have yet to reach that point, so I'd put them behind North on the premiership clock.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Saints playing very poorly the last few weeks- not sure what has happened to the team that knocked off several good teams earlier this year. Hopefully they can sort it and get back to playing their very good footy.

Back