Stkilda Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about the wisdom of trading for Ryder at his age but both Hill and Jones should be good pick ups for us and improve our finals chances.

Finals? lol...

It wasn't all that long ago when finals were as rare as rocking horse s**t for Richmond, in the 30 years between 1982 and 2012 you played finals just twice.

Building a handy side. Still a lot of work to do (need luck with King - already has heaps on his plate) but they're being proactive and I like it because their list was going nowhere.
Doesn't help when their best forward in Bruce is leaving. That's a big hole to fill, won't be replaced with the players they are bringing in.

Honestly what are they doing wrong? I mean they’re doing everything right by the look of it. Personally as a Melbourne supporter I am absolutely livid we aren’t throwing an offer to good to refuse to Butler and Hill. It’s down to St Kilda or Carlton for Butler and they’ve secured Hill who at 26 has plenty of elite footy left, instead we picked up ‘jack of all trades master of none’ Tomlinson.

They’ve also got another speedy midfielder in Zak Jones.

It could be worse, we could have the legacy that Carlton have of recent years : have your list manager panic at the draft table and ensure that his club drafts his dud son and then being over all your C grade mates from a start up expansion club who couldn’t get a game

It could be worse, we could have the legacy that Carlton have of recent years : have your list manager panic at the draft table and ensure that his club drafts his dud son and then being over all your C grade mates from a start up expansion club who couldn’t get a game
Or it could be even worse draft a ******* key forward with pick 1 thinking he will replace kick... under develops all your youth so you can only attract the b graders from other clubs on big money like north. I'd take most of Carlton list over saints any day and she's ******* don't who was taken at 51 is better than the hard you took at no.1

Or it could be even worse draft a ******* key forward with pick 1 thinking he will replace kick... under develops all your youth so you can only attract the b graders from other clubs on big money like north. I'd take most of Carlton list over saints any day and she's ******* don't who was taken at 51 is better than the hard you took at no.1

Blues are one Patrick Cripps away from firing Teague.

I'd like to say you're one something but don't even have that :s we were winning without him 😂

yeah.... im sorry did you achieve something? still have one flag and over 20 spoons

Hill was kept to nearly 0 impact by Lachie Obrien last year.

Jones is a b grader contested player but the Ryder is fair. Marshall is gonna be a jet

Keep living in the VFL era. Carlton have taken over from Richmond as the most disgraceful team of the modern era.

I'd like to say you're one something but don't even have that :s we were winning without him 😂
a
The fact that a Carlton supporter would come looking for trouble on a saints topic is the most ironic thing. You support Carlton mate... CARLTON.. let that sink in for a moment. Your team has been literally the biggest piece of horse s**t for well over 15 years. Sit down, STFU. You literally have one good player on your team... ONE. lol

a
The fact that a Carlton supporter would come looking for trouble on a saints topic is the most ironic thing. You support Carlton mate... CARLTON.. let that sink in for a moment. Your team has been literally the biggest piece of horse s**t for well over 15 years. Sit down, STFU. You literally have one good player on your team... ONE. lol

Well two. Walsh will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The keyword there is "will" ;)
Carlton is likely to * that up at some point too, and probably trade him to Gold Coast. Or he will go running to Gold Coast.. not sure which will happen first.

It worked for Brisbane last year. Neale was probably the only 'can't miss' recruit and they pretty much hit a home run with all of them. Of course Port, Essendon and perhaps Melbourne last year have shown it's a pretty inexact science.

Hey, at least they're trying something. What would we be saying if they were just sitting on their hands and banking the middling draft picks for Bruce and Steven?

These trades will improve our team but we still lack star power. If Stuv stays I’d be confinement we make the 8 but if he goes I’d say we are 2 gun mids short of getting to the pointy end. Unless we get some big improvement from our young mids.
Please. An overweight Jack Steven that doesn't wanna be there isn't going to be the difference between you making the finals next year or not.

I think we might make the eight next year.
The keys are in King and Bytel.
Yes, I know that they haven't played a senior game between them, but a midfielder with class, and a Centre Half Forward. We've seen Ben King this year, and he has impressed. Max is quicker, and stronger overhead. The kid has been likened to Buddy, and nicknamed Winx. You have CHF fixed, you build a side around him (just like Brisbane with Browne, North with Carey, and Carlton with Kernahan). We need more midfielders with speed and class, and we need to stop trying to convert elite small forwards like Billings and Gresham into Midfielders. That's our biggest weakness - fix that, and we can do some serious damage over the next 10 years.

I think you should stop either drinking or posting, because this post Makes no sense

Last edited:
Keep living in the VFL era. Carlton have taken over from Richmond as the most disgraceful team of the modern era.

O understand you’re anger but surely Essendon or Melbourne is the new Richmond ??? Just saying .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It worked for Brisbane last year. Neale was probably the only 'can't miss' recruit and they pretty much hit a home run with all of them. Of course Port, Essendon and perhaps Melbourne last year have shown it's a pretty inexact science.

Hey, at least they're trying something. What would we be saying if they were just sitting on their hands and banking the middling draft picks for Bruce and Steven?

Good call .

I really want the Saints to win a flag . Good supporters , an interesting club with a history of producing champions after champion . The recruiting strategy ATM signals to be that the club has had enough . I hope it yields a good dividend .

Good to see saints doing some shifting and landing targets.

Only concern is that their doing another Port, loading up on players. They have no mid A graders which could hurt them

Hopefully I'm wrong, but they need more mids. If they lose Bruce and Steven, they're new recruits don't even replace them

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back